Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
any updates?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
any updates?

I asked today on IllinoisCarry and this is the response I got from Todd.

Still in talks making some progress
Link Posted: 4/16/2015 9:19:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Cook County people will probably make it harder to get
Link Posted: 4/17/2015 11:04:22 AM EDT
[#3]
God I hope this makes it through.
Link Posted: 4/21/2015 1:39:36 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote

that makes two of us......i already found a AAC and Griffin arms dealer. take my money
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 10:41:01 PM EDT
[#5]
What are our chances? I'm pretty excited but trying not to get my hopes up
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 11:37:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
What are our chances? I'm pretty excited but trying not to get my hopes up
View Quote

I don't have any hope, so I'll be pleasantly surprised if it does make it through.  You know somebody is going to try to tack on stupid crap to the bill, though.
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 10:35:38 PM EDT
[#7]
I think I have stated before that if we have a chance of getting this done, it will take pressure on down state Democrats.  They will have to know it will cost them votes if they don't push this bill.  There has to be a reason for Madigan and Cullerton to bring a vote to the floor.  We won't be able to get a court case to help push it through so it will have to be internal pressure from the Democratic majority.  For the most part, the Republicans will go along with it.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 12:48:49 PM EDT
[#8]
I'm not holding my breath either.  If they restrict the use to hunting only then it's worthless to me.  If they do pass something I'm willing to bet there will be some type of "registration" fee required.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 12:49:03 PM EDT
[#9]
Double tap
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 6:44:03 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

View Quote
Yes, I'll go sbr 300blk the second it does!

Link Posted: 4/26/2015 1:13:34 AM EDT
[#11]
Tag for info as it comes. I would love to see this come through.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 7:35:34 AM EDT
[#12]
According to another board there is progress being made can't state to much, but information was from Todd V.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 8:16:34 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

I'm not holding my breath either.  If they restrict the use to hunting only then it's worthless to me.  If they do pass something I'm willing to bet there will be some type of "registration" fee required.
View Quote
I am not a hunter (yet, if anyone wants to invite this rookie to go hog hunting, I would gladly accept) but correct me if I am wrong... You can only hunt varmints like coyotes with a rifle. Suppressed shot guns are not too practical.

However at least it's a step int he right direction. It would be useless to me as well, but it'd be a foundation to build on. I certainly wouldn't stop pushing for home defense uses, as a suppressor would be an excellent accessory on a home defense firearm.

Link Posted: 4/27/2015 12:01:44 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I am not a hunter (yet, if anyone wants to invite this rookie to go hog hunting, I would gladly accept) but correct me if I am wrong... You can only hunt varmints like coyotes with a rifle. Suppressed shot guns are not too practical.

However at least it's a step int he right direction. It would be useless to me as well, but it'd be a foundation to build on. I certainly wouldn't stop pushing for home defense uses, as a suppressor would be an excellent accessory on a home defense firearm.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What ethical hunter would go out to the field with a new muzzle device that hasn't been zeroed or practiced with there for it is no longer just for hunting.  I think the hunting route is the way to get this moving.  That said Im still not to optimistic but have contacted my local legislators.
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 12:38:16 PM EDT
[#15]
I don't expect the final bill to be restricted to hunting.
Link Posted: 4/28/2015 10:45:41 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Suppressed pistol for deer
Suppressed 22 rifle for squirrel
coyote, fox, raccoon?
Link Posted: 4/28/2015 11:44:49 PM EDT
[#17]
I saw a teaser on ABC 7 news tonight.  The ABC 7 I-Team is going to investigate the possibility of suppressors (they may have said silencers) coming soon to Illinois and who is making the big push for it.  The report is supposed to be on the Thursday 10 pm edition.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 9:11:12 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I saw a teaser on ABC 7 news tonight.  The ABC 7 I-Team is going to investigate the possibility of suppressors (they may have said silencers) coming soon to Illinois and who is making the big push for it.  The report is supposed to be on the Thursday 10 pm edition.
View Quote

yea ,that dosnt sound good..im sure they will find a way to make it appear evil.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 12:02:35 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

yea ,that dosnt sound good..im sure they will find a way to make it appear evil.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

My buddy works for ABC, he said their engineer staff is very pro gun and will be pissed and not let it air if it sucks lol

But we'll see, my friend thinks it should be good.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 11:13:40 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 11:33:48 PM EDT
[#21]

Looks to be what I would expect

Usual BS
Link Posted: 5/26/2015 8:37:32 PM EDT
[#22]
Any update?
Link Posted: 6/2/2015 9:03:33 AM EDT
[#23]

Link Posted: 6/2/2015 9:52:39 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Any update?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Any update?

Todd posted in ILCarry on the 30th:

Its on hold the senate dems have a brick on it

Here's the thread for those who haven't seen it.

Link Posted: 6/19/2015 10:08:59 PM EDT
[#25]
anything new on this?
Link Posted: 6/19/2015 10:16:59 PM EDT
[#26]
Don't expect anything new...we need to get more people talking about it and calling legislators....it just doesn't have the momentum it needs.
Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top