Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/14/2015 7:58:53 PM EDT
I'm an RO up at Bristol and have been mulling over a precision rifle match/ Hometown meet at Bristol. Would you guy's be interested? I would also like some input on the range from some of you guy's.
Link Posted: 1/14/2015 8:26:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Can you still only shoot one round every 87 seconds?  What is the max distance nowadays up there?  Been a while.
Link Posted: 1/14/2015 9:29:58 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm interested. Still one round at a time and the rifle range goes out to 200. Maybe we could set something up after hours there.
Link Posted: 1/14/2015 9:58:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Yes only one round. But you can go a little less than 87 seconds.
There range is 200 max.
And KC's Cabin has some good eats.
Also a little diner on 45 is the shizzle.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 3:19:08 PM EDT
[#4]
What about posting something in the Wisconsin HTF? Maybe the cheese heads will want to shoot with us FIB's.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 4:31:02 PM EDT
[#5]
One round only and conceal carry prohibited?

Doesn't sound very gun friendly.

Thanks, but I'll pass.

Link Posted: 1/18/2015 10:18:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What about posting something in the Wisconsin HTF? Maybe the cheese heads will want to shoot with us FIB's.
View Quote

Well because i thought I would host a get together for the No. Illinois people that I have come to know through other get togethers.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 10:20:17 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Thanks, but I'll pass.

View Quote

You complaints have been mentioned to the board of directors. There are many at Bristol who really would like to appeal to more people. Any suggestions you have would be appreciated.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 12:06:50 AM EDT
[#8]
Max 5 rounds in any handgun?

I can't even get my head around what might be the reason for this.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 1:30:05 AM EDT
[#9]
I'd love a home town shoot. Just not at Bristol. Sorry.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 8:55:11 PM EDT
[#10]
I'll play.  If you are talking about precision match ala F-type or Slow Fire NRA Standing or Prone stage, it's single load anyway.  It can be a quasi "F" class using AR's or NRA stage using anything.  Not such a bad thing for a get together.  Targets can be anything agreed upon.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 10:04:05 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

You complaints have been mentioned to the board of directors. There are many at Bristol who really would like to appeal to more people. Any suggestions you have would be appreciated.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks, but I'll pass.

I also work up there with Pete for the Personal Protection Academy.  The round limits are probably the complaint I hear the most.  With the popularity of AR's the past 10 years or so, most people don't like loading one round at a time.  Pete and I just had a conversation about the dwindling member number last week.  

I also know quire a few guys that would like something else besides a square range, possibly some type of three gun.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 7:20:08 AM EDT
[#12]
A 200 yard F class type of event is what I was thinking. Pete and me have talked and if he could provide a trophy. Of course range fees would apply. And yes we do seem to have a dwindling crowd. And common complaints that I and other would like to address and rectify
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 11:17:31 AM EDT
[#13]
So to shoot an AR there under the rules, you have to load one round in the mag, shoot, and then load another round in the mag?
Sounds super strange to me.
Link Posted: 1/22/2015 10:40:25 AM EDT
[#14]
honestly,anyone i have EVER had a conversation about relatively local places to shoot..bristol always comes up..i have yet to meet anyone who has a single good thing to say about all the stupid restrictions....you guys need a new board or something!....just look at mcmiller...model that!
Link Posted: 1/22/2015 2:14:03 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
honestly,anyone i have EVER had a conversation about relatively local places to shoot..bristol always comes up..i have yet to meet anyone who has a single good thing to say about all the stupid restrictions....you guys need a new board or something!....just look at mcmiller...model that!
View Quote

I've only shot trap/skeet there. They are good for that at least lol
Link Posted: 1/22/2015 2:16:04 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

I agree.  I like ranges that weed out the idiots, and unsafe shooters, but...
As much as Bristol seems like a nice range, from what I've heard from people, who have been there or have been a RO there, they just need to come out and say in the rules, "no rapid fire", rather than some of the silly
rules they have.

From what I understand, in some instances, if you are a regular, they will let you test mags. for function and let you completely fill up your six to eight shot revolver, but you have to get the right RO, on the right day.
Link Posted: 1/22/2015 7:43:13 PM EDT
[#17]
I had a jerk off RO dump my range bag from the benches.  Literally just shoved them off and let them drop on the the cement.  I didn't know you couldn't  have bags on the bench. Short dude from Chicago with a baseball bat up his you know what.  I was pissed as I had my pistols on the side pouches.  Haven't been back in over a decade. I'll stick with that other range in Racine.  Bristol is a nice range but a big no thanks

Link Posted: 1/22/2015 11:24:28 PM EDT
[#18]
I'm only an hour away and would make the trip frequently if it were not for the round limits.

Worst thing about the whole place in my mind.

Most people do 3-5 round shots when setting new scopes or trying to get a good group. Having to reload mags every damn time takes the fun right out of that.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 7:03:45 PM EDT
[#19]
Ok I feel the love guy's. I'll keep this thread going for a bit to see if any of you guy's still own bolt guns and would like to pit your skills against one another at 200. And than go for beers and burgers after. Obviously the rules are not conducive to many here. Thank you for the input.
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 12:03:40 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 2:53:04 AM EDT
[#21]
I've been a member for years. The rules suck. The RO's are idiots sometimes (no offense, but I bet I have more range time and combat experience than almost all of the cocky RO's there and I just turned 30). I'm a member because it's a good concept and it's affordable. I also carry there every time and could care less if you guys cry about it. That said, I would love to shoot with you.

ETA: What's your name? We might already be friends.
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 8:44:23 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I've been a member for years. The rules suck. The RO's are idiots sometimes (no offense, but I bet I have more range time and combat experience than almost all of the cocky RO's there and I just turned 30). I'm a member because it's a good concept and it's affordable. I also carry there every time and could care less if you guys cry about it. That said, I would love to shoot with you.

View Quote

No offense taken I'm sure lots of people think I'm an idiot. Most of them 30 and under.
Just ask the apprentice's where I work or my kids.

And I truly respect your service and combat experience. You should have been there last time I worked two of the guys I worked with had multiple combat tours under thier belt. Before you were born.

Now with all that said and out of the way. When would you like to go shooting.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 12:24:51 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

No offense taken I'm sure lots of people think I'm an idiot. Most of them 30 and under.

And I truly respect your service and combat experience. You should have been there last time I worked two of the guys I worked with had multiple combat tours under thier belt. Before you were born.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nicely said.

Link Posted: 1/27/2015 2:46:59 PM EDT
[#24]
I'm a member and shoot High Power, Carbine and Mini Palma matches there during match season. Been bored the past few months, so I'd be happy to shoot another match.

However, it would have to be open to AR's, since my only centerfire bolt action rifle is having issues.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 6:57:26 PM EDT
[#25]
a friend and I shot at Bristol back in October. the rso was a good guy. he let us load 5 rounds because we were shooting 5 round groups. nice place but loading a single round at a time keeps lots of good shooters at home. 100 yards I'd show up to shoot with my ar. these old eyes can't see 200 yards.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 7:52:39 PM EDT
[#26]
Ok perhaps a 100 stage and a 200 stage. Two groups Iron sight and Optics. I have a volunteer to help. I talked to the Club President he's cool with it. And I'm hoping to get Pete involved. Than burgers at KC's Cabin!!!
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 10:06:12 PM EDT
[#27]
"I also know quire a few guys that would like something else besides a square range, possibly some type of three gun."

Action Shooting Sports USED to run 3 Gun on the skirmish field, how Bristol made that event fall apart I will never know?

What weekend are we thinking for this shoot?
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 8:53:53 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
"I also know quire a few guys that would like something else besides a square range, possibly some type of three gun."

Action Shooting Sports USED to run 3 Gun on the skirmish field, how Bristol made that event fall apart I will never know?

What weekend are we thinking for this shoot?
View Quote

It was 2 gun and Bristol did not make it fall apart the crew running it did. And if anyone would like to take over and run it again I have board approval.

As far as what weekend  not sure yet.
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 9:35:02 PM EDT
[#29]
Well? I used my AR15 with a 22 cal conversion, 12 guage shotgun and a 9mm pistol during those 3 gun events that Action Shooting Sports ran.

I was led to believe that their departure was due to issues with  Bristols board.

Good luck getting another group to run those type of events!

Link Posted: 1/28/2015 10:18:36 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Well? I used my AR15 with a 22 cal conversion, 12 guage shotgun and a 9mm pistol during those 3 gun events that Action Shooting Sports ran.

I was led to believe that their departure was due to issues with  Bristols board.

View Quote

Well Thank you for the well wish's I would like to see another group back there running a similar event. And have bugged a few prospective members
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 10:27:31 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote

Well Thank you for the well wish's I would like to see another group back there running a similar event. And have bugged a few prospective members
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 10:34:37 PM EDT
[#32]
I'll play and have not shot F-class, I have a Model 70 Heavy Barrel I can use.  I live near Oak Brook so can join you, but only on the weekends.  Other days I will have to really plan ahead with work to make.  I am looking for a range to join and the dues are not bad.  Let me know I look forward to this.  
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 9:06:48 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I'll play and have not shot F-class, I have a Model 70 Heavy Barrel I can use.  I live near Oak Brook so can join you, but only on the weekends.  Other days I will have to really plan ahead with work to make.  I am looking for a range to join and the dues are not bad.  Let me know I look forward to this.  
View Quote

Alright cool. I'm probably going to bring a Model 70 in 223. I'll start a list of who's in and it will definatly be on a weekend.
Link Posted: 1/30/2015 4:19:51 AM EDT
[#34]
I have no experience in F class shooting, but I have a Savage .223 that I've shot a lot of prairie dogs with. Depending on which weekend, I might be interested.
Link Posted: 2/9/2015 10:01:21 PM EDT
[#35]
I will throw my hat into the ring.

200 yards.

no problem. ill put a wager that i will win.

weekends only, and let me know the time and place
Link Posted: 2/10/2015 8:57:57 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I will throw my hat into the ring.

200 yards.

no problem. ill put a wager that i will win.

weekends only, and let me know the time and place
View Quote

All righty than we have a gambler here we may be on to some fun
Link Posted: 2/17/2015 12:13:23 AM EDT
[#37]
Its only 45 minutes from me. I've never shot there, I'd feel like a broken record as to why, but for an ARFmeet, I'll FO.

I rarely get to shoot outside, so if I can make it, I will.
Link Posted: 2/17/2015 3:12:40 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Its only 45 minutes from me. I've never shot there, I'd feel like a broken record as to why, but for an ARFmeet, I'll FO.

I rarely get to shoot outside, so if I can make it, I will.
View Quote

Cool
Link Posted: 2/17/2015 5:39:25 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Yes only one round.
View Quote

So to shoot a Garand there one would need to have the single round clips?
Link Posted: 2/17/2015 5:52:10 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yes only one round.

You can single load a M1 without using clips. Just insert the round into the chamber, depress the follower and let the bolt close. I don't let the bolt fly full force. I ease it forward most of the way and then let it go.
Link Posted: 2/17/2015 7:34:41 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

You can single load a M1 without using clips. Just insert the round into the chamber, depress the follower and let the bolt close. I don't let the bolt fly full force. I ease it forward most of the way and then let it go.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yes only one round.

That has got to be the dumbest and most bizarre rule I've ever heard for a gun range.
Link Posted: 2/17/2015 7:54:07 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

That has got to be the dumbest and most bizarre rule I've ever heard for a gun range.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yes only one round.

Can't argue that point. I'm just mentioning the single loading method for the M1. Now we're getting off topic.
Link Posted: 2/18/2015 7:34:29 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Can't argue that point. I'm just mentioning the single loading method for the M1. Now we're getting off topic.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yes only one round.

Look I'm well aware of the dislike of the one round rule. I would love to change it and will bring it up at the next board meeting. In the meantime an F class type event will not require fully loaded 30 round mags in our suppressed sub guns. That match is in May!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top