Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/13/2014 2:20:14 PM EDT
It's been awhile since I've gone but figure being the Christmas season I'll go check things out early. Mainly looking for random C&R stuff but who knows what I'll come home with Definitely looking forward to the country breakfast as well! I haven't seen anybody post about the Kane show (where's krista?) for awhile now. Anybody have info on how the October show was? Really hoping this show will be worth the trip!
Link Posted: 12/13/2014 7:31:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Thanks for the heads up.
Link Posted: 12/13/2014 10:15:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
It's been awhile since I've gone but figure being the Christmas season I'll go check things out early. Mainly looking for random C&R stuff but who knows what I'll come home with Definitely looking forward to the country breakfast as well! I haven't seen anybody post about the Kane show (where's krista?) for awhile now. Anybody have info on how the October show was? Really hoping this show will be worth the trip!
View Quote

I thought the October show was weak in terms of vendors and for the crowd turnout, at least when I was there.   Hopefully it was just due to being  the first show and not a lot of awareness of it.
Link Posted: 12/14/2014 11:55:58 AM EDT
[#3]
Reporting to you live from the parking lot at the Kane County Fairgrounds. The show is very crowded and the parking lots are near capacity, but the flow through the show is acceptable. .22LR ammunition is pretty much 10 cpr. Nothing truly exciting caught my eye. It seems to be standard gun show fare. If you want something I'm sure you could find it here. Especially knives.
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 1:35:30 PM EDT
[#4]
I found the show to be not that crowded, since I have been there when you could not move in any of the aisles.

Prices seemed a little better.  I saw Garands for around $900-$1k. In the last few years, these prices have been
much higher. I found a Glock 42 for $400, but the vendor's store was very far away and I did not want to wait for
the next show to accept the transfer.

I saw more pink stuff for the ladies and even a handbag vendor. Bring your wives!
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 9:57:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Dam I miss going to the kane county show. Bought my first SKS there back in Jan 1999 for $200.  I left the area right after they put in that mess in the parking area. I grow up in the area and remember playing in the field where Costco is now. And the old mall with kmart on  one side and service merchandise on the other. Crazy to see it a built up. Dam Im getting old. (I'm 35..........)
Link Posted: 12/23/2014 2:37:04 AM EDT
[#6]
As far as C&R stuff goes, I felt the show was pretty weak (unless you like old shotguns!) compared to past years. The only firearms that tempted me were some Springfield 1903A3's. They were all right around the same price, $650-700. I just don't really know anything about them so no purchases happened. After cross-referencing the serial and barrel numbers of some of them (the nicer ones) at home, they turned out to be post-war build-ups (still really nice though) so I'm glad I didn't buy one. Next time I'll be prepared!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top