Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/3/2014 8:11:08 PM EDT
very interested in doing this and trying to figure the total cost/

$150 for state permite + $200-$300 for training class + livescan fee

is this correct?
how much is live scan fee and does anyone know of any deals on a class near Chicago?

thanks
Link Posted: 12/3/2014 9:35:39 PM EDT
[#1]
I paid $100 for the fingerprinting, the other costs are correct.

There are a bunch of classes in the chicagoland area.

I went with concealled carry of illinois because they had a two for 1 deal so I went with my cousin and split the cost. I was happy with the class as well.
Link Posted: 12/3/2014 9:42:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I went with concealled carry of illinois because they had a two for 1 deal so I went with my cousin and split the cost. I was happy with the class as well.
View Quote

that is not a bad deal, thanks

any others out there?
Link Posted: 12/3/2014 9:50:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View Quote

how did you get the two for one deal?
Link Posted: 12/3/2014 10:23:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Fingerprints are not required.  I opted not to do the livescan fingerprint, permit took around 100 days to come through.  If you're not in a hurry, save the $$ and spend it on ammo.

Regards,
Dave
Link Posted: 12/3/2014 10:36:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Fingerprints are not required.  I opted not to do the livescan fingerprint, permit took around 100 days to come through.  If you're not in a hurry, save the $$ and spend it on ammo.

Regards,
Dave
View Quote

did not know that, thanks!
Link Posted: 12/4/2014 12:05:04 AM EDT
[#6]
Arfcom member Rockdiver (Rocco W) works in the NW burbs, very close to Chicago. He is very good. He also trains local LE. I took a Force on Force Airsoft class and wish I'd taken my CCW class with them.

http://www.blackflagtraining.com/

Then there's Lawson Handgun Institute on the NW side of Chicago (they have plenty of parking). They go elsewhere for the range portion. Colleen Lawson was one of the plantiffs on the McDonald case. Her husband David and another fellow Jim are instructors, as well. I took the Massad Ayoob Group MAG-20 range portion from Colleen this fall, which really improved my shooting. My low and left is gone except for when I'm tired.

http://www.lawsonhandgun.com/

Link Posted: 12/4/2014 11:23:06 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Facebook lol

I'd give them a call and ask if they have any specials like that going on. I'm sure they would work something out with you, the owner was a really nice guy.
Link Posted: 12/4/2014 3:25:26 PM EDT
[#8]
Check out http://www.livescanchicago.com/

i just paid $50 to get printed with livescan and no appointment. It wasn't for the CCL it was for something else. But i am pretty sure it is the same cost.
Link Posted: 12/4/2014 10:08:55 PM EDT
[#9]
I did mine up in Bristol with personal protection institute.  IM me for details.  I can send you their number.
Link Posted: 12/5/2014 2:14:59 PM EDT
[#10]
My prints where $40 (only if you got your training with them)
The 12 hours where 150 (I had Utah and Florida)
The company is in s suburbs
Link Posted: 12/8/2014 5:31:54 PM EDT
[#11]
You can skip the fingerprinting. I did and saved $80 that I invested in a quality holster.
Link Posted: 12/12/2014 5:08:48 PM EDT
[#12]
No need for the fingerprints.  I wanted mine quickly and paid the extra $60 to have them done.

I already had the NRA Basic Pistol class so my class fee was $125 and $150 to the State.

Received my permit on 3/5/14 at 1:23 pm.
Link Posted: 12/12/2014 8:10:13 PM EDT
[#13]
Tsifirearms.com they hold classes at I-80 & LaGrange for $100/ 8hr class. I think they charge $40 if you want prints
Link Posted: 12/14/2014 2:21:01 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
very interested in doing this and trying to figure the total cost/

$150 for state permite + $200-$300 for training class + livescan fee

is this correct?
how much is live scan fee and does anyone know of any deals on a class near Chicago?

thanks
View Quote

IIRC, Gat was $55 for finger prints.  You don't have to submit finger prints, but you will wait a little longer.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top