Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/27/2014 11:38:52 PM EDT
I saw older threads on Google, but, didn't find the answers to my question.

Do the range allow you to bring shooting barricades?
Do RSO allow you to shoot rapidly, especially if you're trying to train to shoot thru 6-9 hole barricade?
Can you shoot this manner at 25-50 yards?

My intent is to shoot in various position for closer engagements, not for precision/ long range engagement.

Will be shooting at cardboard targets using only Aimpoint Micro H1 with a mid-length rifle.

Thanks for the education
Link Posted: 10/28/2014 9:42:57 AM EDT
[#1]
Not to my experience.  Most of the ROs are great, but a few are FUDDs and one or two are actual morons.  They all follow a strong "no rapid fire" rule, and rapid means different things to different ROs.

Nice place, but not where I'd go for practical carbine practice.
Link Posted: 10/28/2014 11:35:31 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Not to my experience.  Most of the ROs are great, but a few are FUDDs and one or two are actual morons.  They all follow a strong "no rapid fire" rule, and rapid means different things to different ROs.

Nice place, but not where I'd go for practical carbine practice.
View Quote

I've only taken one day carbine class with volunteers from USRA. I'd really would like to do more of the same and see what I've retained.
Any place you recommend without joining a club?

Thanks
Link Posted: 10/28/2014 2:40:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Do the range allow you to bring shooting barricades? NO

Do RSO allow you to shoot rapidly, especially if you're trying to train to shoot thru 6-9 hole barricade?  NO

Can you shoot this manner at 25-50 yards?  NO

My intent is to shoot in various position for closer engagements, not for precision/ long range engagement.

Will be shooting at cardboard targets using only Aimpoint Micro H1 with a mid-length rifle.

Thanks for the education
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/28/2014 5:13:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Do the range allow you to bring shooting barricades? NO
Do RSO allow you to shoot rapidly, especially if you're trying to train to shoot thru 6-9 hole barricade?  NO
Can you shoot this manner at 25-50 yards?  NO
Thanks for the education

Thanks for narrowing it down.
I was thinking of bring in a multi-colored target, i.e. and have partner call the target.
Practicing quick engagement/shooting without having to attract the RSO.  Pacing can be set by partner.

it would be so much easier if they have an email.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top