Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/14/2014 11:51:48 PM EDT
I have limited details, but my buddy is missing in that AO.

One of my best friends, a guy I served in Iraq with got in a wreck today.  All this info is coming from his Fiance.  He was taken to  St. Alexius.  She talked to him some but he was barely coherent. The staff wouldn't / couldn't tell her anything.  Now she has been told that he was released but she hasn't had any contact with him.  He doesn't have a phone, wallet (supposedly the cops have his wallet) or transportation.  His name is Nate Burke, he is from Tennessee and that is where we all are.  If any LEOs from that area or anyone else could help with any more info it would be appreciated.
Link Posted: 10/15/2014 12:29:01 AM EDT
[#1]
Well, we heard from him finally. He is checking into a hotel.  Now we just have to get him home.
Link Posted: 10/15/2014 8:58:42 AM EDT
[#2]
I'm in the area, if he needs a ride to a train station or anything, drop me a message.
Link Posted: 10/15/2014 12:36:20 PM EDT
[#3]
your mailbox is full.

Megabus goes to Nashville and Memphis
http://us.megabus.com

If there's a way for him to take the METRA commuter train downtown, the megabus will get him to TN.
http://www.hoffmanestates.org/index.aspx?page=381

Link Posted: 10/15/2014 1:34:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Amtrak goes to Memphis  from Chicago via the City of New Orleans train.  Union Station  is downtown.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 10/15/2014 3:13:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Your MB is still full.

Contact me via email if you need anything and need it done ASAP.  I'd like to know what hotel he is at as well.
Link Posted: 10/15/2014 4:32:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks guys, his boss is flying him home. Every thing is handled now.  I kinda panicked last night with visions of a brother wandering delirious around town.  I love him, but he can be stubborn as hell. Again,  thanks for the replies.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top