Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/1/2014 11:07:35 PM EDT
Fatal shooting at Maxon's today, not much detail in the article, but sounds self inflicted.  Was thinking about going this afternoon, but got busy doing other things, glad I ended up not going.

http://breakingnews.suntimes.com/crime/police-man-fatally-shot-at-northwest-suburban-gun-range/
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 11:30:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Ahh, hell.

Here's the Tribune story.  Same words arranged slightly differently, basically.  http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/breaking/chi-man-dies-in-shooting-incident-at-des-plaines-gun-range-20141001-story.html
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 12:18:21 AM EDT
[#2]
Poor kid say a prayer for his soul. Prayers go out to his family and friends.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 1:33:39 AM EDT
[#3]
Damn
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 11:20:49 AM EDT
[#4]
I was literally heading out the door for Maxon's. Glad I checked this thread.

I planned on yesterday, but errands got in the way. I would have been there at the time.

Sad.

I was also there the day after they were robbed at the old shop. Could not figure out why there were so many BATFAGS until I asked.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 10:44:54 PM EDT
[#5]
As suspected, it was a suicide.  The link in the OP has an updated story.  Thoughts for him and his family and friends.
Link Posted: 10/14/2014 9:37:21 PM EDT
[#6]
There was a range just outside Austin that had one of these happen about every other month.  While I can see the convenience be being able to end it by going out, renting one and being done with it, I also find it very inconsiderate to the family, friends, customers and staff that has to see or deal with it.  This only brings unneeded attention to our causes.

I can speak from experience on both sides of the fence.  Having two very close family friends who were killed in a murder suicide two years ago and as a retired public servant who has seen way too many of them over the years.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top