Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/16/2014 5:10:36 PM EDT
Hey guys.

I have a convention in Chicago coming up next week, and the wife and I are making a road trip out of it and driving.

I know you guys just passed a CHL law there, and was curious if I could carry my handgun with me to Illinois, and also into Chicago.

The information via a google search is old and inconclusive.

Thanks in advance.

Link Posted: 9/16/2014 6:07:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Hey guys.

I have a convention in Chicago coming up next week, and the wife and I are making a road trip out of it and driving.

I know you guys just passed a CHL law there, and was curious if I could carry my handgun with me to Illinois, and also into Chicago.

The information via a google search is old and inconclusive.

Thanks in advance.

View Quote

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_8_23/563844_Need_to_travel_through_your_state_what_should_I_do_with_my_pistol_.html

You're good inside car.  Out of car unloaded and encased. No CCL reciprocity with other states.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 7:13:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks bro!
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 7:07:44 PM EDT
[#3]
I also find this helpful. : http://www.handgunlaw.us/

Just clicky the state you need.
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 11:46:59 PM EDT
[#4]
As a recent TX resident who moved back up here, you can have it in your vehicle if you have your CHL, but that's about it.  Wife unit still does it as she has a Tx DL and her CHL and I migrated back to the peoples republic license.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top