Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/16/2014 12:17:29 PM EDT
Anyone else with an FFL been having a lot of delayed transactions with NICS in the past month or two?

Seems like about 90% of my NICS are delayed, but then come back as approved within an hour via e-mail.
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 4:40:12 PM EDT
[#1]
I was delayed for 90 minutes yesterday
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 9:30:03 PM EDT
[#2]
This week 100% on phone

Last week 1 out of 13 delayed

Prior week 1/2 delayed at least

Have best luck of approval before 11am

Joe
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 11:08:15 PM EDT
[#3]
I was delayed Friday for the first time. It cleared in a few hours.
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 11:21:11 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 5:45:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Me too. I'm getting about 50% to 60% of my background checks delayed.  Does anyone know why this is happening?
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 8:10:26 PM EDT
[#6]
Yea, because they only have 1 maybe 2 people doing approvals right now.  When I call in my out of state purchases, I end up talking to the same guy or the same girl.   They also do the automated approvals.

Joe

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Me too. I'm getting about 50% to 60% of my background checks delayed.  Does anyone know why this is happening?
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/17/2014 8:19:53 PM EDT
[#7]
It's the automatic system that keeps delaying things.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 5:02:21 AM EDT
[#8]
Yea, I'm well aware of that.   The automatic system is not as automatic as you think.   The info pops up on their screen and each "automatic" transaction is actually looked at on the spot by a human.  If they are busy or only 1 or 2 people are working it gets delayed.

I can usually tell its going to be delayed by how quickly or slowly it asks for the date of birth.

Joe

Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/18/2014 10:44:30 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Yea, I'm well aware of that.   The automatic system is not as automatic as you think.   The info pops up on their screen and each "automatic" transaction is actually looked at on the spot by a human.  If they are busy or only 1 or 2 people are working it gets delayed.

I can usually tell its going to be delayed by how quickly or slowly it asks for the date of birth

Joe

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

I can usually tell its going to be delayed by how quickly or slowly it asks for the date of birth

Joe

Quoted:

Yup, that's my tell-tale too.  If it doesn't respond almost immediately, it's gonna be delayed.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 5:12:40 PM EDT
[#10]
Yeah I have the delay in asking for the b-day part figured out.  I did not know that an actual person approves the automatic reply.  That's new to me.  I guess that would explain why the computer has work hours.  Does anyone know if the federal NCIS system has these delays?
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 9:10:52 PM EDT
[#11]
What a lot of people don't realize, a FOID card is a huge time savings for us with FFL's   all the other States have to manually call in and read all the info off of the 4473 form for every transaction.

Joe
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 6:28:42 PM EDT
[#12]
delayed 6 1/2 hours and counting today. and this is from a regular that I know is good to go.    Just called at 5:10pm for a out of state transfer and message says they are closed.  hrs 8:30 to 5:00   Guess only 1 person working the computer after 5:00pm now.

Joe
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top