Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/12/2014 7:36:52 PM EDT
Metro Armory Metro Armory  in LaSalle, IL. Saw their ads on Armslist and started to follow their facebook page, and just picked up a great deal on a like new G23. The owner, Dan, was really easy to deal with, threw in a box of Federal HST for no charge, and installed a disconnector I bought from him on the spot, and for free.

It was an 80 mile ride, but I was so impressed I'm going to be using him for anything I need to get, I think. Transfers are $25, and he was just plain pleasant to deal with. A real 'gun guy', for a change.

I know there are lots of good transfer dealers and FFL's around, but thought I would point out my good experience for anyone looking for an FFL out that way. Highly recommended.

Larry
Link Posted: 9/12/2014 10:18:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Dan's a great guy - I did my FCCL completer with him.
Link Posted: 9/12/2014 11:05:47 PM EDT
[#2]
I bought my M&P 9 new from Dan about three weeks ago. Great guy. Well worth the drive from the NW burbs (nearly 2 hours each way).
Link Posted: 9/12/2014 11:46:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Interesting.  I live twenty minutes away and I've never heard of them. Do they have much of a store or is it mainly online?  I'm curious to hear about them.
Link Posted: 9/13/2014 8:18:23 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Interesting.  I live twenty minutes away and I've never heard of them. Do they have much of a store or is it mainly online?  I'm curious to hear about them.
View Quote

No storefront, but he stocks stuff-even has a 'Deal a Day' on his website.

From what I've seen, the prices are pretty tough to beat-

Larry
Link Posted: 9/14/2014 12:05:10 AM EDT
[#5]
I live in the town that butts up to La Salle, haven't heard of them either.

Will have to check em out.
Link Posted: 9/14/2014 11:43:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Which ARFCOM'er is Dan? He has a bolt face logo right under his business name.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 4:27:57 PM EDT
[#7]
I've been really busy lately and missed this thread.  Thank you to all who said nice words about Metro Armory.

If you have any questions or need anything, feel free to call me at 815-888-4204 or shoot me an email to "sales at metroarmory dot com" (I didn't put the email address in proper format to have a small prayer at stopping some email harvesters).
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 4:57:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 5:54:54 PM EDT
[#9]
Just picked up a Shield from Dan, great deals, great communication regarding my order, very accommodating for pickups, very personable to deal with, and the added benefit of one stop shopping...buy your firearm and accessories and have them installed and ready to go when you receive it. Metro will definitely be on my list of "go to" FFL's from here on out.....Thanks for a great transaction Dan!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top