Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/28/2014 5:43:07 PM EDT
Hi all,
I'm moving out of illinois, I'm not driving so I'm trying to find a way to take my powder & primers with me legally. I really want to avoid selling it if I can. As I understand it, UPS or Fedex won't ship unless I've got a hazmat cert & contract with the company. Does anyone know of any shippers in illinois or indiana who'd be ok with shipping my reloading supplies to my new location?

Thanks,
--Varun
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 3:27:12 AM EDT
[#1]
Can't you pack it up in boxes and ship it with the rest of your belongings? I assume you have a mover to move the rest of your stuff in a truck, right? Why couldn't the reloading stuff go along?
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 7:42:04 AM EDT
[#2]
Yep.  Are your movers moving your firearms and ammo too?  Toss the supplies in there along with your reloading equipment.
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 10:12:13 AM EDT
[#3]
Well I'm using a POD, to which I do have the key. However, powder & primer falls under Hazmat and unlike ORM-D, if anything should happen, I'd face some serious prosecution, going by other reports. Just want to play it safe. Anyway I found a friend who's buying everything. Guess I'll just re-buy when I get to my new location.
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 6:37:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Shipping it hazmat is pricey, takes a big chunk of the savings of reloading out the window. If you pack it carefully you'll be okay. But your call of course.
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 10:12:24 PM EDT
[#5]
When I moved back up from Texas last year, I just packed them carefully in a box and carried them with me.  Meh, if I was going out, I was going out well.
Link Posted: 9/4/2014 4:31:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Hi all,
I'm moving out of illinois, I'm not driving so I'm trying to find a way to take my powder & primers with me legally. I really want to avoid selling it if I can. As I understand it, UPS or Fedex won't ship unless I've got a hazmat cert & contract with the company. Does anyone know of any shippers in illinois or indiana who'd be ok with shipping my reloading supplies to my new location?

Thanks,
--Varun
View Quote

Do you have so much it would be infeasible to just load up a few thousand rounds to avoid the hazmat issue?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top