Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/25/2014 2:32:01 PM EDT
I have been looking up the laws and i keep finding conflicting answers .. Mostly from before CCW was introduced. I am trying to find out the legality of having/using g18 mags in cook county...(not for ccw...range use mostly, and maybe my nightstand gun). Or even g17 mags in a g19, because that would, by definition be "extended"....right??
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 5:07:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Been discussed several times here...

Recent Discussion
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 6:38:39 PM EDT
[#2]
thanks for the reply. If i mod wants to delete this duplicate thread thats fine sorry.
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 7:00:30 PM EDT
[#3]
So I understand handgun mags are good to go due to state preemption, however am I screwed with 30rd rifle mags inside of cook county? My local municipality has no awb or mag restrictions.
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 8:09:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
So I understand handgun mags are good to go due to state preemption, however am I screwed with 30rd rifle mags inside of cook county? My local municipality has no awb or mag restrictions.
View Quote

I'm not aware of anyone being charged with that, but doesn't mean it couldn't happen.  The impression I've gotten from the forums is that currently it's not being actively enforced.  Perhaps that has something to due with the active lawsuits.
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 9:57:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Ya. What you've said is as far as I have ever gotten. I just wonder since magpul wouldn't ship me 30rders.
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 10:30:49 AM EDT
[#6]
I live in a Cook County suburb (Evanston) where we fought and defeated a proposed AWB. They did manage to cap rifle mags at 15 rounds, but the Chief of Police got them to waive that limit for anyone who had a C&R license.

So of course we all got C&R licenses lickety-split.

Regardless, I have never had a problem getting 20-round or 30-round mags by mail order from any of the big online retailers and many of the smaller ones. Buy in bulk and save.

CTD won't ship them to you, but I won't do business with them anyway.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top