Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/20/2014 8:45:38 PM EDT
Whats up guys and gals....I have read that if you buy ammo at dicks they ask you some questions and record your foid card number, has anyone bought ammo there?
Thanks

heres the link I found.....its from 2012...
http://www.gunssavelife.com/?p=2082
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 11:02:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Bought a box of .22lr at the one in McHenry earlier this year (I was so surprised to have seen it!) and
all that happened was that they checked my FOID and rung me up.  Nothing was recorded.
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 9:54:30 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Bought a box of .22lr at the one in McHenry earlier this year (I was so surprised to have seen it!) and
all that happened was that they checked my FOID and rung me up.  Nothing was recorded.
View Quote

Thanks I just hear people say they are really antigun......I haven't been there in years, I usually go to Bass Pro, Cabelas or if I can find a decent gun store....the closest one to me is Article II.....amd Midwest.
Thanks again
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 7:21:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
View Quote

Same with me. It's been over a year since I've bought from them though.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 9:08:43 PM EDT
[#4]
I feel like I was treated like a criminal at Dick's and won't go there again.
Link Posted: 8/23/2014 7:13:13 PM EDT
[#5]
I bought ammo there last week. They do enter your number in a computer and you need to check if you are a citizen or not. Last time I bought was over a year ago and I don't remember doing that before so maybe its new. I usually buy from Cabelas and they just look to see if you have one. I have no idea what store they are picturing in that article, all the Dicks I have been to only have shotgun ammo out on the shelves and you need to ask for anything else. I got 2 boxes of 22LR which is all you can buy at once. The guy opened a cabinet and there were only 15 boxes total sitting on a big empty shelf.  

You get a lot more dirty looks at dicks buying ammo and the people that work in the gun department know very little, more check your foid and give you what you ask for. If you let it bother you then you need to grow thicker skin. Nothing better then winking at some uptight mom as you check out with a basket full of ammo.
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 8:47:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Ya so I didnt end up going there.....I never really liked it.....
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/26/2014 1:02:00 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'll randomly swing in just to see if they have .22, that shits rarer than Unicorn turds around here.

Walk in, nothing, walk out. I feel dirty just going in there. Almost like accidentally clicking a link to CTD.
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 2:17:51 PM EDT
[#8]
I don't buy ammo from Dick Lick's. I only buy clothes (I have an Under Armour addiction) from there. I usually get my ammo from Cabela's.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top