Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/20/2014 11:01:34 AM EDT
So I was thinking of buying one of the SGM 100 round Clone Beta Mag.  To just try it out.
http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/product/2-MGSGMTAR15DC?utm_source=eblast&utm_medium=webmail&utm_campaign=PB081914

But they say that they will not ship any magazines that hold more then 15 round to the state of Illinois.  What a crap is this.

Tried to ask why on the chat support and "Paula" just said they don't ship to Illinois and then ended the chat session abruptly and that was it.
I just don't understand these companies and their instability to look into the laws of states they like to sale to.

Oh well rant over.

Just remembering that this was the company that tried to completely take advantage of the 2013 gun rush.
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 1:52:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Odd, I have definitely bought 30 rounders from them in the past with no issues.
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 3:36:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Thank Chitcago for their mag limits.

I wouldn't buy from CTD anyhow after they were the first to gouge at the start of the rush.
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 8:49:14 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I wouldn't buy from CTD anyhow after they were the first to gouge at the start of the rush.
View Quote

This.  I will not patronize CTD or Troy.
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 12:31:54 PM EDT
[#4]
For what it's worth, I just put in my zip and CTD will ship to me. I'm in Dupage County. Are you in Cook Co?
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 2:52:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
For what it's worth, I just put in my zip and CTD will ship to me. I'm in Dupage County. Are you in Cook Co?
View Quote

Na I'm 60527.  DuPage address. Not sure then.  
Did you try adding the Mag and then the ship to me?  If I work to you then that's really weird.
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 2:55:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Did you try adding the Mag and then the ship to me?  If I work to you then that's really weird.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes - I didn't have any issues. Are you in Burr Ridge? Part of BR is in Cook Co. My guess is that CTD blacklisted the entire town to make it easy for them. Want to have it shipped to my house and you can pick it up?
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 10:06:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Yes - I didn't have any issues. Are you in Burr Ridge? Part of BR is in Cook Co. My guess is that CTD blacklisted the entire town to make it easy for them. Want to have it shipped to my house and you can pick it up?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Probably right...  Too bad CTD doesn't check ZIP+4 for eligibility.  I tried a DuPage County ZIP+4 (the village office, well west of County Line Road) and it still didn't work.

ARFCOM to the rescue, too.

Edit:  Fuck CTD.
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 10:12:56 PM EDT
[#8]
Why are you even looking at their site?  Ignore them and maybe they'll go away.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 11:52:28 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

Thanks I found:
http://ineedmoregear.com/categories/ar-15-magazines/sgm-tactical-mag-korean-made-223-rem-556nato-100rd-black-clear-front-nylon-pouch-ar-15-sgmtar15dc

Used them to get it.  Thanks tho.  Good to have some good people on ar15.com.

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Probably right...  Too bad CTD doesn't check ZIP+4 for eligibility.  I tried a DuPage County ZIP+4 (the village office, well west of County Line Road) and it still didn't work.

ARFCOM to the rescue, too.

Edit:  Fuck CTD.
View Quote

[b]Quoted:
Why are you even looking at their site?  Ignore them and maybe they'll go away.
View Quote

I'm guessing that too.  My town is Willowbrook.  But I guess with the out the zip+4 code they prob blacked out all of Burr Ridge because of some of it being in Cook County.
And yes it was a moment of weakness wanted the mag.  Found it other places.

Link Posted: 8/22/2014 11:57:33 AM EDT
[#10]
Glad you got the mag!
Link Posted: 8/23/2014 11:23:37 PM EDT
[#11]
FCTD
Link Posted: 8/24/2014 7:53:41 AM EDT
[#12]
Last time I purchased from them was before the Clinton AWB. Spent a lot  with them , but watched their war profiteering over the years since and never returned.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 12:30:01 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Last time I purchased from them was before the Clinton AWB. Spent a lot  with them , but watched their war profiteering over the years since and never returned.
View Quote

+258,000.

Fuck CTD.

I don't care if they have $1 Glock mags, I wouldn't spend money with them.

Their asking $1000/case of commie 7.62x39 ruined me for life with them.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top