Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/14/2014 3:48:33 PM EDT
I live in Lake County and am interested in attempting to obtain tax stamps/approval to own a SBR. Has anyone had any luck recently (past 6 months) in Lake County? If so, any suggestions on whom I should reach out to first for getting the paperwork signed off on? Any and all suggestions for the Lake County area would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Link Posted: 9/8/2014 5:08:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/9/2014 11:48:09 PM EDT
[#2]
I went to the Lincolnshire police department and asked the chief Leo for a sign off. He had no issue at all and signed my form 1 on the spot. He said I was the first resident to ever ask him to sign a form 1. I submitted my paperwork and hopefully I get my stamp. I hope this helps anyone in lake county.
Link Posted: 9/10/2014 12:39:05 AM EDT
[#3]
Did I miss something, are SBR allowed in Lake County?  Or it through a C&R license?
Link Posted: 9/10/2014 7:46:53 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Did I miss something, are SBR allowed in Lake County?  Or it through a C&R license?
View Quote

You will have to have a C&R.
Link Posted: 9/10/2014 9:42:49 AM EDT
[#5]
Is a Form 1 not acceptable? Nothing I read on the forums or interwebz indicated that a correctly executed Form 1 is not acceptable. I hope I didn't just waste a large amount of time sending in all the Form 1 materials. I already have a C&R so I assume I didn't need to send a copy of it in with my Form 1.
Link Posted: 9/10/2014 12:56:11 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Is a Form 1 not acceptable? Nothing I read on the forums or interwebz indicated that a correctly executed Form 1 is not acceptable. I hope I didn't just waste a large amount of time sending in all the Form 1 materials. I already have a C&R so I assume I didn't need to send a copy of it in with my Form 1.
View Quote

Form 1 is needed but so is a C&R FFL.  You have to enter your C&R number (and i include a photocopy of my C&R license) on the Form 1.  They will mail you the Form 1 back if you have already submitted it.  The C&R requirement was enacted in Jan 2013; i submitted my Form 1 in Oct. 2012 but even though it was submitted prior to the C&R requirement, my Form 1 was returned to me.  It took me 6-8 weeks or so to get my C&R which is good for 3 years.
Link Posted: 9/10/2014 1:21:04 PM EDT
[#7]
Thank you for the follow up info about the C&R. So  my likely scenario is the my Form 1 will be returned for corrective action. At that point I can just fill in my C&R info and return the Form 1 with a copy of my license. All should be good at that point with the ATF? Will the return of my Form 1 for corrective action cause my application to start over from scratch (as far as the waiting period) or when I submit the corrected Form 1 will the approval process continue?
Link Posted: 9/10/2014 4:59:02 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Thank you for the follow up info about the C&R. So  my likely scenario is the my Form 1 will be returned for corrective action. At that point I can just fill in my C&R info and return the Form 1 with a copy of my license. All should be good at that point with the ATF? Will the return of my Form 1 for corrective action cause my application to start over from scratch (as far as the waiting period) or when I submit the corrected Form 1 will the approval process continue?
View Quote

In my experience you will continue with the approval process once you submit your Form 1 with the C&R info which should only cost you a few weeks time overall.  Mine took 10 months in 2012-2013 and that included the time it took for them to mail my form 1 back to me and have me wait to obtain the C&R license.  I'm hearing many people are getting theirs in less than 6 months.  My problem is that my LEO doesn't have the blue finger print cards so i have to order them before i submit 2 more for SBR (already had leo signoff).  Once i get the fingerprinting done i'll be good to go and i'm hoping for a 6 month time frame before i get my stamp.
Link Posted: 9/10/2014 5:32:43 PM EDT
[#9]
Tagged as I'm also in Lake County and need to SBR a rifle.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top