Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/12/2014 7:54:27 PM EDT
@part question.

Any fellow Chicago members on here? My brother and are looking to get our concealed permits and my FFL said we need to register our guns. I did a little research and was unclear on the requirements (registration looks like it was required before is no longer after last falls lawsuit?)

part 2: Anyone in Chicago carrying? There have to be some us on here? The city is a maze of school zones, parks and public transit. Lucky for me I drive to/ from work, all the stores I shop are not gun free and I can carry at work.

Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 8/13/2014 9:00:53 AM EDT
[#1]
Your FFL is wrong. No registration is required.  I don't live in Chicago anymore, but I still drive through it enough. I hardly ever get out of the car down there though, but I am always carrying. I can only imagine what a headache it is to carry daily there...
Link Posted: 8/17/2014 9:33:48 AM EDT
[#2]
The gun registration in Chicago went away with the new concealed carry laws last June.

You might want to find an FFL that keeps up with the current laws that affect his customers a little better.
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 5:48:42 PM EDT
[#3]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Your FFL is wrong. No registration is required.  I don't live in Chicago anymore, but I still drive through it enough. I hardly ever get out of the car down there though, but I am always carrying. I can only imagine what a headache it is to carry daily there...
View Quote

Really, for me it's not that much of a hassle at all.  I don't go downtown very often and I don't ride public transportation.  I've only seen a couple places that have no carry signs.  I'm pretty much carrying all the time in the city without issue.

Link Posted: 8/22/2014 11:03:16 AM EDT
[#4]

You do not have to register your guns.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 6:20:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
The gun registration in Chicago went away with the new concealed carry laws last June.

You might want to find an FFL that keeps up with the current laws that affect his customers a little better.
View Quote

No Kidding find one that is not an Idiot
Link Posted: 8/23/2014 3:22:11 PM EDT
[#6]
I appreciate the responses. My FFL is an hour and a half drive from the city on a good day so they are not as involved in Chicago politics.
Link Posted: 8/23/2014 4:42:31 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I appreciate the responses. My FFL is an hour and a half drive from the city on a good day so they are not as involved in Chicago politics.
View Quote

If you're in the city, check out Mark Long. His office is off 55, about a half hour from the city with no traffic.

[email protected]

Great guy with great prices.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top