Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/31/2014 7:28:11 PM EDT
Hi guys, long time lurker first time poster etc etc. I have a request that hopefully someone local will be able to help me out with.

I'm working on a project that requires 7.62 AK audio, and i'd really like to record my own if possible. There's plenty of AK noises on the net to choose from, but i'm particular and also need some experience recording gunfire.

I'm looking for an individual with at least 1 7.62 AK with standard slant muzzle brake that also has access to an somewhat isolated, preferably rural place to shoot - i don't want a bunch of goofy gun range stuff going on in the background while i try to capture a clean take. Extra bonus points if you also have a 74, and any additional weapons you may wish to shoot for me - but i'm mainly needing the 7.62.

I'd like to capture a few strings of fire at close, intermediate and far distances with various microphone setups. My project demands full auto, but i'll work that out in editing - semi auto is fine.

I'd be more than happy to pay for the ammo needed. my schedule is pretty flexible, and i'm a nice guy. If you feel the need to vet me further for safety reasons, i can provide an IL PERC card as well as other pertinent information before the shoot, and my audio credentials if requested. I will be vetting you via your posts on this forum as well just to make sure you're not a goof.

My time frame for this is sometime in the next 2 weeks. The shoot will probably take from 2 to 3 hours on my end. my schedule is pretty flexible, but i would need a day or two notice.

Peoria area is preferred - i'd like to stay within 25 miles if possible.

If interested, please PM me - you'll get to shoot for free, you'll be helping out a local guy and you'll get some pro-grade recordings of your weapon out of the deal as well. Thanks in advance!
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 1:29:04 AM EDT
[#1]
Good luck.  I'm sure somebody in here will be willing to help.  Unfortunately, I don't have an AK, so all I can offer is this:

Link Posted: 8/1/2014 1:24:52 PM EDT
[#2]
IM Sent
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 2:01:53 PM EDT
[#3]
I meet all the requirements except proximity.  If you don't find somebody closer, and would be willing to brave the 3hr drive up to Woodstock, IL.  I have my own range, AK47, and AK74.

Good luck.  Let me know if I'm needed.
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 6:31:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Hey thanks for the replies all - ive got a couple IMs i need to respond to, but if you fit the criteria listed above please send me a message anyway - im not averse to doing two sessions.

PharetH, thank you so much for your offer - your setup sounds ideal, but i don't think ill have the time / budget to make it there before its time to move on to the mixing phase of my project. If you dont mind i may look you up when im up north at some point however.

Again, thanks to everyone - ill be responding to a couple IMs shortly.
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 7:44:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I meet all the requirements except proximity.  If you don't find somebody closer, and would be willing to brave the 3hr drive up to Woodstock, IL.  I have my own range, AK47, and AK74.

Good luck.  Let me know if I'm needed.
View Quote

I was going to post earlier today that I had the AKs but no place to shoot them as described but I figured McHenry County was too far from Peoria anyway.  IM inbound to you because we are basically neighbors.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top