Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/28/2014 4:52:04 PM EDT
I thought I'd check here in Illinois Forum

Is a BE Meyer 249F (2.75 x .865")  on a 16" mid-length barrel, threaded not pinned: Legal?
http://bemeyers.com/product/249f-flash-hider/

If not, where can I have it pinned in the Aurora/ Joliet/ Naperville/  area
And how much typically?

If the BE Meyer 249F was pinned before, can they use the same spot to pin or they need to drill a new one?

thanks

Link Posted: 7/28/2014 5:02:31 PM EDT
[#1]
If the barrel measures 16" without the be Meyers installed then you do not need to pin it.  If e barrel measures less than 16" then you need to pin it or sbr it.
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 5:15:15 PM EDT
[#2]
thank you Sir.

I've been reading the AR Pistol discussion, and I don't want to be "That Guy" to test the gray area(s)

Bad enough I'm conflicted with my note-taking if AR pistol's lower receiver "requires" marking of a word "pistol" on it or not.
I see daily some "blem" lowers are hitting the market, but, unsure it needs to be engraved "before" it gets sent to the local FFL.

Again, will read some more before posting question(s)
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 12:34:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
thank you Sir.

I've been reading the AR Pistol discussion, and I don't want to be "That Guy" to test the gray area(s)

Bad enough I'm conflicted with my note-taking if AR pistol's lower receiver "requires" marking of a word "pistol" on it or not.
I see daily some "blem" lowers are hitting the market, but, unsure it needs to be engraved "before" it gets sent to the local FFL.

Again, will read some more before posting question(s)
View Quote

The lower doesn't have to have anything extra engraved on it to be a pistol.  The FFL should be transferring all stripped lowers as an "other" on the 4473.  Thus it is your decision upon building it if it becomes a pistol or rifle.

A good place to ask AR pistol specific questions is in the AR Pistols forum.  A majority of the basics have been hashed over several times there.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top