Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/27/2014 6:28:19 PM EDT
I'm a little unclear on this. You don't have to, your application just takes longer? Does everywhere charge?  I emailed my local police chief and he said they could do it for free. Not sure if he was clear on it though

Is it something your local police can do or does it have to be from one of these companies that charge a ton?
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 6:30:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Has to be a digital print.

I didn't want to spend another 50-100 getting prints so I applied without. They're allowed an extra 30 days to approve/deny your application.
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 6:55:12 PM EDT
[#2]
He said they could do it but it sounded weird. I mean if it was that easy wouldn't everyone?
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 7:00:53 PM EDT
[#3]
So far, the only places I've heard that could actually fingerprint are the fingerprint vendors that could do it for anyone for any reason (job, etc.). The ISP was very clear at the beginning that if local law enforcement agencies wanted to digitally fingerprint CCL applicants, the LE agencies would have to apply to the ISP for the ability to do it, as the IL LE agencies could only do fingerprints for criminal cases.

There's a special code that the fingerprint vendor has to put into the system, indicating prints are for a CCL app.

OP, ask your local LE if they've applied to the ISP to do fingerprints specifically for CCL applicants.
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 7:27:45 PM EDT
[#4]
I doubt it. He said he didn't think it was required. I told him it wasn't it was just faster. I do believe they can do it for the Florida license though. It was my first experience with my local police chief. Good to know he had no issues suporting getting a license

Link Posted: 7/27/2014 9:40:40 PM EDT
[#5]
The prints cost $$ and have to be digital.  I paid $52 to have mine done and did them about 2 weeks before I took the 8 hour class I needed (prior military).  Both me and my wife took the class together and sent our application in on the same day, mine with the prints done 2 weeks prior and hers without prints.  My application was approved exactly 30 days after I applied with the license in hand 2 days later.  Hers is still under review at 70 days.
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 10:53:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I doubt it. He said he didn't think it was required. I told him it wasn't it was just faster. I do believe they can do it for the Florida license though. It was my first experience with my local police chief. Good to know he had no issues suporting getting a license

View Quote

Same experience here...  went to the local station and had a nice detective do the paper prints for my florida non resident.  After getting ready to walk out he says "you'll be good in any state but the one you live" and he rolled his eyes....
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 3:12:05 AM EDT
[#7]
Local Police can do the prints if they have set up the specific account with the ISP.  It is expensive and requires special training to be allowed to do the ISP acceptable prints.  Our local Sheriff does it at his cost...I think $35 for county residents which is the fee he and the vendors have to pay.
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 3:48:42 AM EDT
[#8]
I have seen students with and without prints get their permits back on the same day and have seen a few students without prints get theirs back before a few that had prints that applied the same day. Honestly at this point It all depends on who's desk it lands on at ISP to how quick they come back.
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 10:37:32 AM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I doubt it. He said he didn't think it was required. I told him it wasn't it was just faster. I do believe they can do it for the Florida license though. It was my first experience with my local police chief. Good to know he had no issues supporting getting a license

View Quote

Prints for a FL license are ink on cards provided by them. Unless your local PD is setup with the proper account at ISP they can't do prints for a CCW license.
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 10:44:24 AM EDT
[#10]
this is the info I was looking for

I doubt they are set up with the ISP

Thanks!
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 10:57:27 AM EDT
[#11]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top