Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/22/2014 6:28:59 PM EDT
SO...I am looking at getting a night vision scope for coyote hunting and when I go to Texas to hog hunt. If I decide to go with a gen 2 or 3 scope is there a range that allows sighting in a rifle at night? I already belong to Aurora sportsman but I know that is a big no. Any help would be great thanks.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 8:03:55 PM EDT
[#1]
I can't answer your question directly, but does would your scope have a daylight filter / pinhole in the cover to let you use it in daylight?
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 7:32:26 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I can't answer your question directly, but does would your scope have a daylight filter / pinhole in the cover to let you use it in daylight?
View Quote

^This.  Gives same sight picture as if at night.  What kind of unit are you looking to get???

Link Posted: 7/23/2014 9:58:50 AM EDT
[#3]
Here are some of the scopes looking at:
m845
pvs-12

Hope this helps, if not looks like I am sighting in when I get to Texas
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 7:42:32 AM EDT
[#4]
Both of those come with daylight filters so you should be good to go for sighting them in during the day using the filter.  TNVC is a great company to work with.  Ordered my PD's NV and a clip on NV for our snipers, very quick and their stuff is great.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top