Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/21/2014 1:38:44 PM EDT
I went to a dentist appointment this morning and as my habit now, I checked the door for a No CCW sign. Unfortunately I found one on the front door in the lower right corner near the ground so I disarmed and went it for my appointment. I should mention that I've only been to this dentist twice and don't know him that well.

Anyway, before he started working on me I asked him about the sign and as it turns out he didn't put the sign up - one of his employees did and he was not consulted about. He was a bit upset by this because he's a CCW holder (used to work in forensics) and has friends that LEO/ex-LEO. Before he got to work he went to the front door, ripped off the sign, handed to me and said "Please throw this away".

Before I left we stepped outside and he asked me if CCW holders were boycotting businesses that prohibited it. I told him that some folks were and that there is a list of said businesses on-line.

It's a small victory but any win is good in my book.
Link Posted: 4/21/2014 2:01:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/21/2014 4:33:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Post his name; should I ever need a different dentist, he's top of the list!

Larry
Link Posted: 4/21/2014 7:02:58 PM EDT
[#3]
His name is Doctor Faught in Champaign.

Link Posted: 4/21/2014 7:27:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Well Played!
Good on both of you!
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 10:14:02 AM EDT
[#5]
Nice!
Link Posted: 4/28/2014 5:35:52 PM EDT
[#6]
since were on the subject of pro 2A dentists if your in Southern Illinois near DuQuoin and needing a dentist go see Dr.Mares over at the Dental dome.
very pro 2a guy!!
Link Posted: 4/28/2014 7:59:40 PM EDT
[#7]
I live in champaign of Prospect! Five minutes away! Neat.
Link Posted: 4/29/2014 6:44:13 PM EDT
[#8]
I can also say that the offices of Paul and Bruce Mason, D.D.S. in Mount Pulaski is an excellent option for those in central IL needing a pro-CCW dentist. I was contacted by them regarding obtaining one of these signs:

Link Posted: 5/1/2014 2:30:42 AM EDT
[#9]
Sign on my LGS:

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top