Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/20/2014 5:31:17 PM EDT
I’ve posted a few photos of this range before, (Edit: woops, not here but on Illinois Carry) but today we decided to join and take the kids over to do some shooting.  I have no interest in this range other than I would like them to do well and be successful. The range is in Clark County, in between Martinsville and Casey. The range is run by the Quail Shed, they offer deer hunting on leased land or put and take upland game. We’ve been hunting there for years. They have an ATV for placing targets downrange and also a trap thrower for clays. Range is marked every 5 yds to 30, then every 50 starting at 50 out to 400. It cost $50/yr for the range, which I thought was an excellent deal. The other range I belong to is only $30/yr, but only goes to 100 yards.

Here is a shot of my boy shooting his favorite 22, with my FIL spotting.

Here he is again and a good view downrange.

My daughter on the 22

Son on the AR, first time shooting it, did very well, almost all in the black at 50 yards.

And the girl on the AR

Grandpa goin’ Old School

Daughter on the .40 Shield

And the boy on the 617

Group shot (except the photographer  :(  )  
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 5:58:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Looks like a nice day, and a good range. Wish we had something similar up here....

Larry
Link Posted: 4/21/2014 1:50:30 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Looks like a nice day, and a good range. Wish we had something similar up here....

Larry
View Quote

Me too. I live in the Joliet area,  the in - laws have a small farm in Clark.  We are down here for Easter plus we have turkey permits for this weekend.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 4:24:52 AM EDT
[#3]
I noticed there are no backstops. Must not be anything within a few miles downrange?
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 6:58:02 AM EDT
[#4]
It's not as noticeable in the photos but the range slopes down until the 250-300 yard range, then slopes back up. So for the most part the shooting is slightly downhill. There is a small berm right at 400 yards and the ground continues to rise beyond that.

But you are correct, there is nothing beyond the range for a couple miles.

Link Posted: 4/22/2014 8:38:28 PM EDT
[#5]
I'd like to join.  How/where can I obtain an application?
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 4:27:10 AM EDT
[#6]
I just called ahead to make sure someone was going to be at the club house and gave them a check and signed the waiver when we showed up to shoot.

Phone is 217-382-5230

Here is their address and website.Quail Shed

You can see the range under construction from the Google satellite view.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 7:45:50 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I just called ahead to make sure someone was going to be at the club house and gave them a check and signed the waiver when we showed up to shoot.

Phone is 217-382-5230

Here is their address and website.Quail Shed

You can see the range under construction from the Google satellite view.
View Quote

Thanks!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top