Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/18/2014 2:21:36 PM EDT
Anyone hear anything? Nothing on the website.

Dave W.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 3:33:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 6:00:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm interested in knowing too.  I miss the old "Buffalo Blast" site shoots.  
View Quote

yeah and i got to meet linda
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 7:58:34 PM EDT
[#3]
I went there the day after it opened after the winter break and was told hopefully the pit will be opened later this summer...

Edited for clarity.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 8:32:35 PM EDT
[#4]
I was at the Kane County gun show last weekend and there was a guy there from Buffalo Pit. He told me that its still currently closed and there now trying to work a deal to reopen it. I guess one of the main sticking points is bump firing? I guess they agreed to not allow that and there waiting to here back if that will be sufficient. Not sure if that's the only problem or what but it seems like there hurting bad with the pit closed.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 9:20:26 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I was at the Kane County gun show last weekend and there was a guy there from Buffalo Pit. He told me that its still currently closed and there now trying to work a deal to reopen it. I guess one of the main sticking points is bump firing? I guess they agreed to not allow that and there waiting to here back if that will be sufficient. Not sure if that's the only problem or what but it seems like there hurting bad with the pit closed.
View Quote

Yeah, my buddy talked to a Buffalo rep. over the winter and basically said the same thing, but he said they were no longer gonna allow bump firing from the hip AKA "belt loop", but from the shoulder will still be allowed if so desired.

Dave W.
Link Posted: 5/1/2014 12:14:34 PM EDT
[#6]
I see this on their website:

"We are currently working with the AG’s office to come to an agreement about the plinking pit. Our #1 goal this year is to have the Pit open in the 2014 shooting season. We appreciate your support to the range in the meanwhile."

I really hope the pit is up and running soon. I really need a full day of outdoor shooting sometime within the next 30-45 days. Pretty sure McMiller, Willow Slough, or Bristol are my only other options. None of which can fulfill my need to just go blast shit
Link Posted: 7/1/2014 12:26:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Anyone hear any news lately regarding the pit re-opening?

Dave W.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top