Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/16/2014 3:58:05 PM EDT
This shop looks new. I was wondering if anyone had been. I'm thinking about going in there this weekend, was wondering if I would be able to walk in and get a lane or if an appointment is needed. Also, do they require you to use their ammo? I don't see anything on the site but I've been to ranges like that before (I should say, I've been to one range like that, and never went back).
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 5:56:07 PM EDT
[#1]
It is a nice place run by decent folks... The owner is a neighbor of mine and took their ccw training.  No a appointment needed to shoot.
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 6:05:39 PM EDT
[#2]
It's a nice facility in appearance but their rules and regs and a bit too tight IMHO. No personal reloads but you can use the ones they sell (which are not the greatest quality) or factory ammo. Any ammo you bring in, including 22LR, gets checked for steel with a magnet.

If you're shooting there for the first time you need to watch a short range safety video and have get 5 rounds on paper to qualify to shoot there. Don't laugh - some people can't do it.

You have to use their plastic target hangers so you're less likely to shoot their target system. If you happen to put a hole in the plastic hanger you just bought it for $10.

If you've got a membership you can reserve range time but if you're not a member you can just stop in and get a lane.

The premium lanes a nice because they're digitally controlled. Just press a button and the target zips out to the distance displayed on the controller.

Basically it's a good place for casual shooters but for those who are a bit more hard core, not so much.

Link Posted: 4/17/2014 6:46:14 AM EDT
[#3]
For me, it's about a half-hour closer than Darnall's and there's zero Beverly Hillbilly factor there.

Compared to Darnall's, it's clean, well-lit, spacious, not a lot more money.  Hell, compared to Darnall's it a goddamn operating room.

And there's no dogs sniffing you up while you're there.

Yeah, that first visit was a little over the top, having to "prove" I can safely handle a pistol and shot five shots into the broad side of a barn at five yards or whatever, but now that I'm in the system, that mickey mouse is over.

The magnet over the ammo is a PITA, but for the quality of the experience, I'll submit.  

It's not like the TSA groping me personally.

If you're within an hour of the place, or more if you're going with a friend, try it out.

I think you'll like it.

For inclement weather when you can't shoot outdoors, it's a nice place to shoot.
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 11:21:59 AM EDT
[#4]
I've not been there yet but I need to go check it out. It's only about 25 miles from me. For me what's put me off is simple. I generally hate indoor ranges, and I really don't shoot factory ammunition.  At this point other than some rifle ammunition I only keep it around for the students. If I need to <gasp> buy ammo I'm a lot less interested.
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 6:40:58 PM EDT
[#5]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

....and I really don't shoot factory ammunition.  At this point other than some rifle ammunition I only keep it around for the students. If I need to <gasp> buy ammo I'm a lot less interested.
View Quote
I won't buy their remfg. crap for 40 cents a round when I can reload my own for 1/4 of that price and I don't used mixed headstamps either. Wally World and Meijier still have better prices on new ammo to boot. I'm a cheapskate though because I bring my own targets too. I don't need to spend 50 cents on a piece of paper I'm just going to punch holes it.

Link Posted: 4/18/2014 3:41:55 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I won't buy their remfg. crap for 40 cents a round when I can reload my own for 1/4 of that price and I don't used mixed headstamps either. Wally World and Meijier still have better prices on new ammo to boot. I'm a cheapskate though because I bring my own targets too. I don't need to spend 50 cents on a piece of paper I'm just going to punch holes it.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
....and I really don't shoot factory ammunition.  At this point other than some rifle ammunition I only keep it around for the students. If I need to <gasp> buy ammo I'm a lot less interested.

Didn't think about the targets. I'm used to shooting on 8 1/2 x 11 pages, paper plates, file cards etc. Still, I'll probably go by there soon. I'd like to support a local business if I can and I really would like to see the place. Everyone says it's a nice facility.  
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 4:54:46 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

....and
I really don't shoot factory ammunition.  At this point other than some
rifle ammunition I only keep it around for the students. If I need to
<gasp> buy ammo I'm a lot less interested.
View Quote
I won't buy their
remfg. crap for 40 cents a round when I can reload my own for 1/4 of
that price and I don't used mixed headstamps either. Wally World and
Meijier still have better prices on new ammo to boot. I'm a cheapskate
though because I bring my own targets too. I don't need to spend 50
cents on a piece of paper I'm just going to punch holes it.

View Quote
Didn't
think about the targets. I'm used to shooting on 8 1/2 x 11 pages,
paper plates, file cards etc. Still, I'll probably go by there soon. I'd
like to support a local business if I can and I really would like to
see the place. Everyone says it's a nice facility.  

View Quote
I like using paper plates too and wonder if they even allow that.
I have no issues going there save for the reload ban, especially since I
was given a B.S. answer (OSHA regs) when I asked why they prohibit
reloads. I contacted both OSHA and the EPA to be sure and there's
nothing in their regulations about personal reloads being prohibited for
indoor ranges. All their regs pertain to lead management. I guess they
thought  I wouldn't verify what they told me.

I understand it's
their place, their rules and I respect that. However, if they're going to lie to me about reloads who's to say they won't lie to me again about something else. Insulting my intelligence to in an attempt
to justify a policy doesn't sit well with me.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top