Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 22
Link Posted: 9/8/2016 7:52:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By jal777:

Hot spot engraving in bensenville does it for $80 (priced over the phone last year) I took the out of state route for one ar lower and one ak receiver (half the price).
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Gjfmrf:
Where are you guys getting your guns engraved at? I would like to stay local with it but not sure if that's possible. I'm in mchebry county.

Hot spot engraving in bensenville does it for $80 (priced over the phone last year) I took the out of state route for one ar lower and one ak receiver (half the price).

I used them, they did a great job. Even matched he font that is already on the receiver.

DSA  in barrington does engravings but I dont know how good they are or how much they cost.
Link Posted: 9/8/2016 7:55:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By Proto3:

I used them, they did a great job. Even matched he font that is already on the receiver.

DSA  in barrington does engravings but I dont know how good they are or how much they cost.
View All Quotes
Where are you guys getting your guns engraved at? I would like to stay local with it but not sure if that's possible. I'm in mchebry county.

I always forget DSA is in this state.
Link Posted: 9/9/2016 11:39:04 PM EDT
[#3]
i didn't even think about DSA. They're close so I'll give them a try.
Link Posted: 9/14/2016 7:02:35 PM EDT
[#4]
I just got off the phone with DSA and they do not do any NFA engravings.
Link Posted: 9/14/2016 10:36:31 PM EDT
[#5]
I just got off the phone with DSA and they do not do any NFA engravings.
View Quote

Interesting. I called them back in march-ish, and they said they did but at the time they had a big client deal or something, and couldn't do it at the time.
Link Posted: 9/15/2016 3:21:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Checked the mail today and BOOM, received 2 of the 3 SBR stamps I applied for.  Hopefully the 3rd is a day or two behind!

5Months and 5 days from when my card was charged.
Link Posted: 9/15/2016 5:26:50 PM EDT
[#7]
IDENT does nice engraving
Link Posted: 9/28/2016 2:08:30 PM EDT
[#8]
Can you submit more than one stamp in the same envelope or are you better off mailing them separately? Also you you give the CLEO a copy prior to even mailing in the form?
Link Posted: 9/30/2016 1:46:47 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By DieselEnterprises:
Can you submit more than one stamp in the same envelope or are you better off mailing them separately? Also you you give the CLEO a copy prior to even mailing in the form?
View Quote

I submitted 4 form 1's in one flat rate envelope one year ago, no problems (still shouldn't be an issue). I'm reading on various forums that atf now wants one set of prints per form 1 (last year one set was what I sent in for all my form 1's and got approved). I just sent in a new form 1 a few weeks ago and just dropped everything off in the mail bin at once including the cleo copy that went to the sheriff.
Link Posted: 9/30/2016 8:18:03 AM EDT
[#10]

I submitted 4 form 1's in one flat rate envelope one year ago, no problems (still shouldn't be an issue). I'm reading on various forums that atf now wants one set of prints per form 1 (last year one set was what I sent in for all my form 1's and got approved). I just sent in a new form 1 a few weeks ago and just dropped everything off in the mail bin at once including the cleo copy that went to the sheriff.
View All Quotes

Thanks for the heads up on the multiple sets of finger prints. I figure i will do two form 1's. I guess i will send off two sets of prints to play it safe.
Link Posted: 9/30/2016 3:38:17 PM EDT
[#11]

Thanks for the heads up on the multiple sets of finger prints. I figure i will do two form 1's. I guess i will send off two sets of prints to play it safe.
View All Quotes

No problem, best of luck to you.
Link Posted: 10/4/2016 3:42:43 PM EDT
[#12]

View All Quotes

I sent 3 Form 1's off in the same envelope and oddly enough, I received 2 of my 3 stamps on the same day, but still haven't received the 3rd one.  The first two took 5 months and 5 days, the 3rd one is now going on 6 months plus.  

Link Posted: 10/7/2016 8:00:34 PM EDT
[#13]
Can someone confirm that i just need my full name and street address engraved on the lower to comply?
Link Posted: 10/7/2016 8:38:36 PM EDT
[#14]
Can someone confirm that i just need my full name and street address engraved on the lower to comply?
View Quote

You do not. Just your name and city/state (standard abbreviations are allowed here).
Link Posted: 10/7/2016 8:52:04 PM EDT
[#15]
Thank you!
Link Posted: 10/7/2016 10:49:41 PM EDT
[#16]
Does any one know if I can just get Chris engraved, or do I have to use Christopher? My name is pretty long so I'd like to shorten it if I can.
Link Posted: 10/7/2016 11:47:16 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By Degs:
Does any one know if I can just get Chris engraved, or do I have to use Christopher? My name is pretty long so I'd like to shorten it if I can.
View Quote

Common abbreviations of names are allowed (i.e. William is Wm., Robert is Bob), so you should be fine.
Link Posted: 10/9/2016 1:26:47 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By SecretSquirell:

Common abbreviations of names are allowed (i.e. William is Wm., Robert is Bob), so you should be fine.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Degs:

ah man! I would have put Tony instead of Anthony on mine. I'll have to remember that for my next ones.
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 11:22:41 PM EDT
[#19]
Have more fingerprint cards mailed to me. I'll be sending in two form 1's this time.
Link Posted: 10/28/2016 3:49:07 PM EDT
[#20]
So do I need to have a separate fingerprint card for each Form 1?

And do I need to attach a separate photo to each form ?
Link Posted: 10/28/2016 4:34:54 PM EDT
[#21]
So is the official word that you have to send in ONE fingerprint card per form 1?
Link Posted: 10/30/2016 6:57:52 PM EDT
[#22]
I'm reading that they now want one set of prints (2 cards) per F1, no exeptions. Even last year when people were sending one set of prints per batch (I was one of those people and got approved for 4 F1's using one set of prints) the atf person that I talked to on the phone told me to send in one set of prints for each F1. I took the risk and did one set due to the cost of getting prints done. I wouldn't take that risk again due to the current wait times and the possibility of the F1 coming back denied.
Link Posted: 10/30/2016 7:01:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: jal777] [#23]
So is the official word that you have to send in ONE fingerprint card per form 1?
View Quote

It's two cards per instructions on page 6 of the form 1 download.
Link Posted: 10/30/2016 10:49:14 PM EDT
[#24]

View All Quotes

cool thanks
Link Posted: 11/5/2016 10:12:31 PM EDT
[#25]
Sending in two form 1's in on monday. Everything is in an envelope and ready to go. Then the wait begins.
Link Posted: 11/14/2016 11:02:42 PM EDT
[#26]
Two form 1's checks were cashed 11/11. The wait begins.
Link Posted: 11/21/2016 10:44:32 AM EDT
[#27]
Submitted my first pre 41f form1 back in May..talked to nfa branch last week, was told wait times are now at 8 months ...so now I have another two months to go..................looks like March for the second stamp...
Link Posted: 11/21/2016 1:34:06 PM EDT
[#28]
I called also, looks like Feb for me on 3.
Link Posted: 11/21/2016 3:15:11 PM EDT
[#29]

Originally Posted By dogrobber13:

I called also, looks like Feb for me on 3.
View Quote
Dang........well at least ya have thrice the fun coming your way....

Link Posted: 11/23/2016 12:16:07 AM EDT
[#30]
Got the form 1 and 4 done, does anyone know on the fingerprint cards does the prints have to be done by a law enforcement officer?
Link Posted: 11/23/2016 11:04:07 AM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By firemed13:
Got the form 1 and 4 done, does anyone know on the fingerprint cards does the prints have to be done by a law enforcement officer?
View Quote

They don't.  I think that a handful of people go to the PD because some will do it for free or cheaper than the private companies that offer the service.
Link Posted: 11/25/2016 9:59:05 AM EDT
[#32]

Originally Posted By Petes1552:
They don't.  I think that a handful of people go to the PD because some will do it for free or cheaper than the private companies that offer the service.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Petes1552:

^ This...I had to go to Co. since my local PD does not do fingerprints.  The folks over at county did not charge so I had them do me up a few extra cards and leave the date blank in case I wanted to burn more money down the road or perhaps a form1 can if that ever hopefully happens.

Link Posted: 12/12/2016 8:36:50 PM EDT
[#33]
Ok things are moving slow because of work but got fingerprint done (by biometric). On the form 1 and 4 do you send the original of the cleo from the forms or make copies and send those to cleo?
Link Posted: 12/15/2016 5:58:43 PM EDT
[#34]
Ok things are moving slow because of work but got fingerprint done (by biometric). On the form 1 and 4 do you send the original of the cleo from the forms or make copies and send those to cleo?
View Quote

Its been a bit since my recent submittals, but I believe there should be a copy in your packet that is specific for cleo submission...look at the bottom of the page, iirc it should say cleo copy or something like that. I think that your payment info is also blanked out on the cleo copy....hopefully someone else will chime in..I have post 41f form 1's at home I could check. ..oh btw, I called nfa right after 41f and was told pre 41f form1 application versions wil not be accepted and they were not available at the time so I just downloaded pdf to adobe...
Link Posted: 12/22/2016 9:53:17 AM EDT
[#35]
YAY YAY!! Submitted May 10, card charged May 13, approved 12/21!!!
Link Posted: 12/22/2016 10:10:49 AM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By shifty522:
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/22/2016 11:08:35 AM EDT
[#37]
View Quote

Welcome to the shorty club
Link Posted: 12/22/2016 5:31:30 PM EDT
[#38]
Thank you gentlemen, glad to be here!! 
Link Posted: 12/22/2016 7:36:56 PM EDT
[#39]
Thank you gentlemen, glad to be here!! 
View Quote

Now post some pics!!
Link Posted: 1/11/2017 9:24:13 AM EDT
[#40]
I have everything filled out. just need to get finger print cards done. I was told I can roll them myself. doesn't say anything about law enforcement just "Attach to the application two properly completed FBI Forms FD-258 (Fingerprint Card). The fingerprints must be clear for accurate classification and should be taken by someone properly equipped to take them."

Ive done a bunch did my own for AZ ccw . No problems .  So what do you guys think.
Link Posted: 1/11/2017 10:05:55 AM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By bushmaster1:
I have everything filled out. just need to get finger print cards done. I was told I can roll them myself. doesn't say anything about law enforcement just "Attach to the application two properly completed FBI Forms FD-258 (Fingerprint Card). The fingerprints must be clear for accurate classification and should be taken by someone properly equipped to take them."

Ive done a bunch did my own for AZ ccw . No problems .  So what do you guys think.
View Quote
I don't see why you can't. There's nothing that I've seen that says the LEO has to sign the forms certifying the prints or proving that they did them.
Link Posted: 1/13/2017 6:21:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: jal777] [#42]
I don't see why you can't. There's nothing that I've seen that says the LEO has to sign the forms certifying the prints or proving that they did them.
View Quote

Several people have reported doing this successfully  on the nfa sub forum. If the current wait times were at 60 days I wouldn't of had a problem trying it my self.
Link Posted: 1/13/2017 7:53:48 PM EDT
[#43]
Rolled 3 sets today. In the mail tomorrow :) and the wait begins
Link Posted: 1/23/2017 9:08:40 AM EDT
[#44]
Anyone know the turn around time to expect when submitting requested corrections to a form 1?  

My dumb ass forgot to double check everything and one of my 3 applications (sent together) was returned Friday because I forgot to add the date to the CLEO Sign off. (Submitted before the requirement was removed). The other 2 were approved in September after 5 months, but this one just showed up.  I corrected and resent it.  Just wondering what I should expect to wait for this correction to get processed.
Link Posted: 1/25/2017 6:44:42 AM EDT
[#45]
I am convince the NFA department only has two part time people handling the paperwork.  Seven months to enter some data into the system and conduct a background check via computer.
Link Posted: 1/26/2017 10:07:54 PM EDT
[#46]
Atf processed payment today. Now the wait
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 1:25:21 PM EDT
[#47]
Sweet, just called to check the status of my Form 1 on my Sig 552, and it was approved on Jan 26th.   I am excited about this one.
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 4:45:51 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By Flthy_McNsty:
Sweet, just called to check the status of my Form 1 on my Sig 552, and it was approved on Jan 26th.   I am excited about this one.
View Quote

When did you submit?
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 5:00:17 PM EDT
[#49]

When did you submit?
View Quote

I submitted 3 Form 1s the first week of April all in the same Priority mail envelope.   Oddly, 2 of the 3 were approved at the beginning of September and I received stamps for them.  I didn't receive any word on the 3rd until the middle of January, when I received a correction request because the CLEO forgot to date his signature.  I filled in the missing dates and returned it on January 22nd, it was approved January 26th.
Link Posted: 2/10/2017 6:24:11 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By Flthy_McNsty:
Anyone know the turn around time to expect when submitting requested corrections to a form 1?  

My dumb ass forgot to double check everything and one of my 3 applications (sent together) was returned Friday because I forgot to add the date to the CLEO Sign off. (Submitted before the requirement was removed). The other 2 were approved in September after 5 months, but this one just showed up.  I corrected and resent it.  Just wondering what I should expect to wait for this correction to get processed.
View Quote

Another dumb ass here!

For your corrections.
How did you correct?
Got 2 of 3 sent back today asking to correct and resend.
I thought first and middle initial and full last name were ok. Apparently only state can be abbreviated.
"Section 8 remove all highlighted information" info being "Name and Title of Authorized Official" (Local sheriff filled this part out pre 7/14)
Is liquid paper ok to correct?

Timely answer appreciated as I want this back in the mail tonight.
Page / 22
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top