Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/13/2017 5:58:00 PM EDT
No more  sales tax for  online gun transfers.  Fuck yeah.
Link Posted: 8/13/2017 6:07:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/13/2017 8:02:43 PM EDT
[#2]
https://tax.nv.gov

Look for the PDF titled "Technical Bulletin: Private Party Transfers of Firearms"

New Frontier Armory posted about it on their Facebook too.
Link Posted: 8/13/2017 8:04:25 PM EDT
[#3]
I picked up a new VP9 Tactical today and the salesman told me about it when checking out.
Link Posted: 8/13/2017 8:29:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Nothing new, since this is about private party. Just like any other private party item you buy.

Still paying for dealer transfers coming in.
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 4:02:30 PM EDT
[#5]
It says that tax is only to be collected if the FFL brokers the deal or charges a commission:

In no event does the FFL have an obligation to collect sales tax unless, in addition to having performed
the background check, the FFL has simultaneously brokered the sale by negotiating terms on behalf of
the seller and/or charging a commission against the proceeds of the sale.
1. The FFL does not make a retail sale simply by conducting the background check

To me, this applies to online sales where the FFL receives the item and does the 'transfer'.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 1:55:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Sooooo, may I assume that we still have to pay the extra sales tax on inbound NFA items? ...i.e. Cans bought through Silencer Shop, for example?
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 12:34:28 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It says that tax is only to be collected if the FFL brokers the deal or charges a commission:

In no event does the FFL have an obligation to collect sales tax unless, in addition to having performed
the background check, the FFL has simultaneously brokered the sale by negotiating terms on behalf of
1. The FFL does not make a retail sale simply by conducting the background check

To me, this applies to online sales where the FFL receives the item and does the 'transfer'.
View Quote
This is talking about a face to face. The items shipped in are completely different. The letter was for the mandatory background checks on private in state transfers.
Link Posted: 8/26/2017 5:15:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
This is talking about a face to face. The items shipped in are completely different. The letter was for the mandatory background checks on private in state transfers.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah the lady I talked to in the sales tax office made it clear that transfers were taxable. I would have done anything to get out of paying the tax on my STI.
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 7:52:25 PM EDT
[#9]
Wait sooo do we pay tax or not if I buy a pistol/rifle from out of state and my FFL is simply "doing to the transfer"?
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 8:32:07 PM EDT
[#10]
Still do as far as I know.
Link Posted: 8/30/2017 12:21:21 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Wait sooo do we pay tax or not if I buy a pistol/rifle from out of state and my FFL is simply "doing to the transfer"?
View Quote
I talked to a dude at New Frontier Armory last week about transferring something I bought at Atlantic Firearms and had shipped to them, and he said "no tax".
Link Posted: 8/30/2017 3:00:49 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I talked to a dude at New Frontier Armory last week about transferring something I bought at Atlantic Firearms and had shipped to them, and he said "no tax".
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Weird
Link Posted: 8/30/2017 6:45:33 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Weird
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Weird
Yeah! I got a half-dozen cans in jail at New Frontier with stamps for 2 of 'em due any day now... So, if they don't want tax to pick 'em up, I sure as hell ain't going to be complaining!
Link Posted: 8/30/2017 10:18:11 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Yeah! I got a half-dozen cans in jail at New Frontier with stamps for 2 of 'em due any day now... So, if they don't want tax to pick 'em up, I sure as hell ain't going to be complaining!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Weird
I have been using silencer shop direct because of how it has the price all built in. Seems to be enough of a difference to beat out most prices.

It really put a damper on my online purchases.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top