Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/27/2017 3:54:20 AM EDT
I live in OK but seem to visit LV at least twice a year. Used to book my hotel on the strip and yada yada, but lately I have been trying to stay on the outskirts and just live like a local.

A few observations:

1. Maybe I didn't notice it before, but what the hell happened to the lane markers on a lot of the roads in the SW part of the metro? South of the 215 between Hualapai and Durango, it seems like every other road is 2 or 3 lanes wide but missing the lane bumps.

2. I finally had a chance to drive up to the shooting complex up north and WOW you guys are lucky. I know you have all that public BLM land for shooting, but it looks like the city spent a good chunk of money on a 1st class facility. The view of the valley is excellent up there as well.
Link Posted: 7/27/2017 5:36:17 PM EDT
[#1]
They spent a ton of money on the Trap & Skeet fields when they should have put it into the rifle and pistol ranges. There are plans for several other phases to include a 1000 yard range but I doubt if we will ever see it finished as money is tight. Too bad.
Link Posted: 7/27/2017 8:34:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
They spent a ton of money on the Trap & Skeet fields when they should have put it into the rifle and pistol ranges. There are plans for several other phases to include a 1000 yard range but I doubt if we will ever see it finished as money is tight. Too bad.
View Quote

I don't think money is tight at all. I think they just misspend it on foolish things like subsidizing every worthless thing they can.
Link Posted: 7/27/2017 9:51:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/28/2017 12:15:52 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The sporting clays set up looks fun, I'll be doing that once the weather is better...like November
View Quote
Good thing no clay pigeons will actually be harmed.
Link Posted: 7/28/2017 12:38:19 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 7/28/2017 8:39:15 AM EDT
[#6]
I live right around that area where few of the roads are lane marked. I've been here 7 months and I still can't make heads nor tails of it... some people act like there are lanes and signal to move over, others drive right in the middle, it's basically completely lawless. I don't see how you could even be ticketed for improper lane usage with whatever strategy you choose since there are technically no lanes.
It doesn't help with all the guys street racing either. I was coming home from work on a saturday afternoon (!) last week when 2 cars went by me on grand canyon going about 90 racing to the next light. One of them in a shitty 90s mustang blew his engine out and pulled into my complex. I boxed him in, showed him my badge and we had a brief but instructive conversation about what was going to be considered acceptable behavior for him in my neighbordhood going forward in the future.
Link Posted: 8/2/2017 7:00:11 PM EDT
[#7]
Never ending construction in the SW part of town.

They won't bother with the markers until everything is fully built out. If you don't see markers, its assumed to be one lane.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top