Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/13/2017 7:52:27 PM EDT
OK guys, how about a few thoughts about what to do for my 5th anniversary with my lady.  We usually keep it pretty simple, and not too expensive.  We've done a night on the strip with a pretty nice hotel room.  We've had dinner at Gordon Ramsay's Burgr, done Nora's Italian and Nove Italian.  We've done a few shows down on the strip.  We've done sushi.

Looking for something different, less Vegas.  Budget is probably $200-300.  Thoughts on what would be cool?
Link Posted: 7/13/2017 8:09:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/16/2017 8:32:47 AM EDT
[#2]
Maybe Laughlin. The wife and I went down and stayed for one night. Did dinner, movie, boat ride back and forth to the parking lots across the river. Did a late night walk along the riverfront. We had a great time. Right in your budget.
Link Posted: 7/17/2017 12:12:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Haven't been there myself but I hear the Mt Charleston Lodge is nice.  Great time of year to escape the heat too.
Link Posted: 7/31/2017 4:33:20 PM EDT
[#4]
At this point, I've decided on going to the Golden Steer on Sahara.  I've heard the steaks are amazing and we've never been, so that's Plan A.

Not sure if there will be more or not.  She's not 100% physically after a recent surgery, so we won't be doing any hiking or other physical activity.  I was thinking about getting a cabin at Mt. Charleston or maybe Duck Creek, but that really drives the total price up.  I wish there were something else nearby that wasn't an arm and a leg, to go stay for a night, just for a getaway.  She's been in Vegas most of her life, and I've been here 20 years, so getting out of Vegas is more of the treat.

Any other suggestions from the brain trust that is AFRCOM?  :)
Link Posted: 7/31/2017 5:18:10 PM EDT
[#5]
I really can't see you getting out of Vegas on that budget.  Only thing that might come close would be a night or two at a resort on the outskirts of town instead of the Strip.  Either the M or maybe the JW Marriott.  Nice room, nice dinner.  I'm sure that would bust the budget, but it's the best I can come up with.
Link Posted: 7/31/2017 5:48:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 7/31/2017 7:46:48 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
At this point, I've decided on going to the Golden Steer on Sahara.  I've heard the steaks are amazing and we've never been, so that's Plan A.

Not sure if there will be more or not.  She's not 100% physically after a recent surgery, so we won't be doing any hiking or other physical activity.  I was thinking about getting a cabin at Mt. Charleston or maybe Duck Creek, but that really drives the total price up.  I wish there were something else nearby that wasn't an arm and a leg, to go stay for a night, just for a getaway.  She's been in Vegas most of her life, and I've been here 20 years, so getting out of Vegas is more of the treat.

Any other suggestions from the brain trust that is AFRCOM?  :)
View Quote
I was going to suggest a short getaway to the Casablanca in Mesquite.

The Golden Steer is one of the BEST steak houses in this town so you can't go wrong there.

Happy Anniversary to you and your wife, Bro!

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top