Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/1/2017 8:16:21 PM EDT
Was up there earlier to do some shooting with a buddy and was surprised at some new rules at the rifle/pistol complex that apply as of today:

- No more free tape; must supply your own method for securing paper targets to the stands
- No center rifle shooting on the left side; 22LR or handgun only

Link Posted: 7/2/2017 2:23:12 AM EDT
[#1]
Never been there so I wouldn't know their rules.
Link Posted: 7/2/2017 1:40:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Harry Reids fault.
Link Posted: 7/3/2017 4:03:24 PM EDT
[#3]
I have my own stapler in my bag. Letting long guns on the pistol side was retarded anyway, especially if they had a brake.
Link Posted: 7/5/2017 11:33:45 AM EDT
[#4]
Go Saturday or Sunday night after they close. T&T Tactical sets up steel targets. No BS all fun plus it's at night so it's cooler. Skip the day and go at night.
Link Posted: 7/5/2017 12:24:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 7/7/2017 12:12:27 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Go Saturday or Sunday night after they close. T&T Tactical sets up steel targets. No BS all fun plus it's at night so it's cooler. Skip the day and go at night.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
I didn't know that! Do you what the time frames are? 

Quoted:

We went last night, not to shoot but to watch everyone blow off their illegal fireworks all over the valley. They rent the rv spaces for $20 per night and my friend towed his tt up there.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/15404/20170704-204601-246636.jpg
Yeah great views up there, can see the Nellis jets flying by every now and then too. 
Link Posted: 7/7/2017 6:29:14 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I didn't know that! Do you what the time frames are? 

Yeah great views up there, can see the Nellis jets flying by every now and then too. 
View Quote
I believe they are open 5-9 Saturday and Sunday night after the park closes. I take my smg up there and blast away. No one looks cross at me whereas sometimes I get some odd looks when I'm at the complex during regular hours.
Link Posted: 8/1/2017 10:52:19 PM EDT
[#8]
Can anyone else confirm these new changes? Need to adjust the sights on a pistol and my sbr.
Link Posted: 8/2/2017 3:36:44 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Can anyone else confirm these new changes? Need to adjust the sights on a pistol and my sbr.
View Quote
Sights?  You mean those bumps on the top of the barrel?  I thought they were just there to snag on clothing.
Link Posted: 8/8/2017 7:47:48 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote
Update for anyone that cares. The changes are true. No tape provided. Was kind of annoying to shoot my new glock 19 at 7yds and I was only sighting my sbr at 50yds, but had to switch to the other side.
Link Posted: 8/9/2017 1:22:23 PM EDT
[#11]
That sucks man, talking to one of the range gals up there, she said this had been tried in the past and it eventually was done away with. I think the pistol-only snobs complained enough that management was forced to go back, but once they see revenue start to go down they'll probably flow back. I'll probably start going to Desert Sportsmans to shoot once the weather lets up a little instead.
Link Posted: 8/9/2017 2:32:51 PM EDT
[#12]
That sucks, however I never knew until recently you could shoot rifle on the pistol side. I only go up there these days to zero or reconfirm zero at 100. I rather drive out to the desert spots, much less BS to deal with.
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 3:04:27 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
That sucks man, talking to one of the range gals up there, she said this had been tried in the past and it eventually was done away with. I think the pistol-only snobs complained enough that management was forced to go back, but once they see revenue start to go down they'll probably flow back. I'll probably start going to Desert Sportsmans to shoot once the weather lets up a little instead.
View Quote
never really looked into desert sportsmans, I'll stick to my $75 a year boulder city rifle and pistol, I'm poor
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 8:55:01 PM EDT
[#14]
I live in Spring Valley so I figure I'll save on gas by joining Desert Sportsmans over Boulder City's club 
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top