Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/20/2017 12:14:44 PM EDT
Internet went out last Wednesday night, service scheduled for Thursday afternoon...no show, rescheduled for Friday afternoon, again no show. Monday morning again they no show... Am told they are backlogged and Friday the 23 is now the best I can hope for. REALLY?  

So any techs a member here ?
Link Posted: 6/20/2017 12:22:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 12:55:28 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks WP, it's so refreshing to learn you live in a 3rd world country with 1st world taxes and problems.
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 1:51:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Was happy to dump Century Link when we did. Slow internet and lots of RFI in the HF bands from their set top boxes.
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 2:20:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Oh geez, century Link and their subcontractors for internet are the absolute worst in the valley.
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 1:49:31 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm not so embarrassed now that I know I'm not the only sucker that got stuck with CL!

It's only internet though... I'm on Direct tv, but yes! ...Slow as f**k and keeps going out at the most inconvenient times!

Been planning on dumping this crap but not really a fan of AT&T and not yet investigated other options.

OST for others to jump in with recommendations.
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 5:09:33 PM EDT
[#6]
you kinda of can't beat the speed and service of cox.

it sucks to pay directtv and cox but that's sort of the best of both worlds.

of course with the speed you get from cox you can ditch directtv and just go all streaming
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 12:45:53 AM EDT
[#7]
Service restored finally and for what my needs are, CL internet only is all I require.  Directv for that aspect and AT&T for cellular.  My AT&T phone did a great job as a hotspot while the CL service was down.  Should be interesting to see how long the CL fix lasts...
Link Posted: 6/28/2017 10:48:16 PM EDT
[#8]
My service went out May 24th and was out for 7 days. I got every excuse from equipment upgrades, equipment outages to inclement weather, REALLY lady were in Las Vegas. I got a hold of Jeffery Maldonado 702-553-8161, and had him credit my account for the 7 days without service.
Link Posted: 7/3/2017 11:13:46 PM EDT
[#9]
CL CS promised 2 weeks credit, I can't wait to see my next bill.  I hardly expect them to be honest, and then I will cancel service entirely.
Link Posted: 7/5/2017 8:33:32 AM EDT
[#10]
Mine service has been out for over a week now. Just came back on yesterday. This is the third time it has gone down in the past 6 months. I am done with them.
Link Posted: 7/5/2017 4:36:56 PM EDT
[#11]
Not a fan of Cox but I use them for internet. Have had 1 outage that lasted about 7 hours in the 2 years I've had them. Price was almost the same for 50mbps that CL was charging me for 5mbps. I pay $78/mo with no contract.

Fuck CL.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top