Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/17/2017 9:58:02 AM EDT
I received this email yesterday regarding the Hearing Protection Act. As usual, here is more "Common Sense" bullshit from this tool of an elected NV representative...

Thank you for contacting me to voice your support for the Hearing Protection Act of 2017. I appreciate hearing from you.

As you may know, the Hearing Protection Act was introduced  by Senator Mike Crapo (R-ID) on January 9, 2017 and was referred to the Senate Finance Committee. The bill would eliminate the $200 transfer tax on firearm silencers. Further, the bill allows for an individual seeking a firearm silencer that is in compliance with current US Code to be treated as the though they are in compliance with all licensing and registration requirements of the National Firearms Act.

Silencers suppress and change the sound of a gunshot. If silencers were more readily available, this could impact the ability of law enforcement officers to do their job safely and effectively. For example, law enforcement may not be notified as quickly when a shooting takes place, and may have more difficulty identifying the exact location of the shooter. This delay could ultimately result in more victims.

As a gun owner myself, I understand the importance of protecting our Second Amendment rights. Furthermore, my experience as the Attorney General of Nevada taught me how hard our law enforcement officials work to keep us safe. I want to ensure that we have common-sense laws that protect both police officers and the communities they serve while preserving our constitutional rights.  

Thank you again for taking the time to share your thoughts on this important issue. If there is anything else that I can help you with, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Sincerely,

Catherine Cortez Masto

United States Senator

LAS VEGAS
333 Las Vegas Boulevard South
Suite 8016
Las Vegas, NV 89101
(702) 388-5020
Fax: (702) 388-5030RENO
400 South Virginia Street
Suite 902
Reno, NV 89501
(775) 686-5750
Fax: (775) 686-5757WASHINGTON, DC
204 Russell Senate Office Building
Washington DC 20510
202-224-3542
Link Posted: 6/17/2017 1:02:13 PM EDT
[#1]
I got an almost identically worded email with the exception of the "highly informational" section being different regarding the concealed reciprocity issue. I feel so much better now that I've truly connected with my elected officials.
Link Posted: 6/17/2017 10:35:36 PM EDT
[#2]
She sucked as the Nevada AG and now she sucks bigger now in Washington.

Her cancer has spread East.

Link Posted: 6/18/2017 12:14:19 AM EDT
[#3]
" As a gun owner myself. " STFU
Link Posted: 6/20/2017 11:02:11 AM EDT
[#4]
Received the same email.  Since she doesn't have any facts to back up her argument she is using conjecture.  Easy to see which way she will vote.
Link Posted: 6/20/2017 1:09:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Thank you Harry F'ing Reid and all you dumbass liberal California transplants for saddling us with this worthless piece of crap legislator.  Wish Joe Heck had run a better campaign.
Link Posted: 6/20/2017 6:21:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 6/20/2017 6:24:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 6/20/2017 7:54:45 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

So sorry but they're both homegrown nut cases.

Catherine Marie Cortez Masto

Born: 1964, Las Vegas, Nevada
Education: University of Nevada, Reno

Harry Mason Reid

Born: December 2, 1939 (age 77), Searchlight, Nevada
Education: George Washington University Law School, Washington DC
View Quote
I was talking about the dumbass liberal California transplant voters who turned our beautiful red state blue
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top