Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/20/2017 12:33:11 PM EDT
The secret gun ban bill, apparently lets family members or LEO have firearms/ammo prohibited for reasons as vague as having any...

If I were a LEO, I'd file against the 12 sponsors of the bill (as well as anyone that voted for it)  the day it goes live, fearing that they might harm themselves with evil firearms.  

But I guess that's why I'm not entrusted to be a LEO.
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 1:16:38 AM EDT
[#1]
I could be wrong, but I think that there is a thing called a Legal 2000 here in Nevada already.

Maybe some of our HTF LEO's here can comment.

Link Posted: 4/21/2017 10:13:00 AM EDT
[#2]
Yes  we have a legal 2000.  And it is almost impossible to get a doctor to commit someone on it.  

That being said, I took my dad's guns from him on election day.  

My mom had been in Wyoming for several months and they were not doing well.  He was getting upset with the election and Democrats to an excess.  He went from never carrying a gun in his car to doing so.

But he was irresponsible with it.  He also has road rage issues and will follow people and call the cops for minor traffic issues then chase them down and sign a ticket.  

Then he had a minor stroke the night before election day.  I went to his house to get some stuff for him the next day.  I found a pistol just sitting on the front seat of his unlocked truck.  Then I was trying to find some underwear and socks for him.  

On top of the dresser was his 30-06 shells.  They had several names written on them vertically.  Like Hillary, Obama, Any Asshole and I think Bill Clinton.  

I took his guns.  

Trump got elected, mom came back, and he recovered from his stroke.  About 6 weeks later I have him his guns back.  He is also signed up for a CCW class.  It was seriously fucked up and I let him know that.  

Last April, we had a guy go of the deep end and start shooting up our small town.  No one saw it coming, until it came.  

The mental health problem in this state is bad.  Services suck and it seems that people gravitate to the guns when they have a problem.  

I don't have an answer and can't really land on the whole thing because of the complexity, however I think families have a general responsibility regardless of the law to step in when things aren't right and do what needs to be done, whatever that is.
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 12:06:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Tricky issue with a very slippery slope.

I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery though. I'll err on the side of too much personal freedom.
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 6:26:55 PM EDT
[#4]
I know my senator will vote correctly but sent him a letter anyway just to let him know I am always watching.
Also put in a comment at the opinion poll page.

Voted on today?
Have not heard a result as of 3:30.
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 9:47:15 PM EDT
[#5]
So this SB387 is shockingly similar to a push for this self same legislation in Oregon being funded by, you guessed it, that piece of shIt Bloomberg. Any takers on who's backing this here?

That guy needs to go away.
Link Posted: 4/27/2017 3:32:32 AM EDT
[#6]
Per senator Settelmeyer,

SB387

Senator Ratti’s bill provides for the issuance of certain orders for protection.
Passed Senate floor on 4/25 Partisan Vote all Republicans voted NO.
Link Posted: 4/27/2017 1:16:46 PM EDT
[#7]
... so any LEO will be able to file protective orders against anyone, in a secret court?

We need a friendly LEO to tale the guns away from all the democrats in the senate.  They want the rule, they should feel it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top