Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/17/2017 6:02:23 PM EDT
A little more than a month ago, I purchased a suppressor from Silencer shop. They listed the state attorney general as the CLEO. Last week, I submitted a Form 1 for a SBR and went ahead and used the attorney general as well thinking silencer shop knows best.

So today, I got a call from the local ATF branch telling me not to use the state attorney general and to use the Henderson Chief of Police because I live in Henderson of course. The atf agent was very nice and admitted the form is for notification only and doesn't believe Henderson pd even does anything with them.

According to him, the attorney general's office has never received one of these before and had no idea what to do with them. I told him silencer shop is using the attorney general for Nevada so they should be expecting a large amount of these to show up.

I asked the agent if I have to redo my Form 1 to list the Henderson Chief of Police, and he said no, but to just send the CLEO form to the correct place.

So FYI I guess

Jeff
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 4:42:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Good to know...did you contact Silencer Shop and let them know the forms need to go to the local Sheriff/PD here in Nevada?  Might save the next guy some confusion.

P.S. When you coming back up to Northern Nevada?  You're missing some great machine gun shoots and squirrel shooting!
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 5:44:05 PM EDT
[#2]
I did the EXACT same thing... Have 5 cans post-41f in jail from SS where they listed Adam Laxalt (AG) as my CLEO on the F4 on all of them... So, when I submitted 2 SBR F1's first week of February this year, I put him down on the form and sent the copies to the same Carson City address... It's now been about 2 months since ATF charged my CC and they haven't contacted me like they did you... Thanks for the heads-up! ...Just in case I do get the "...I'm calling from the NFA branch..." phone call, I'll already be expecting what the're probably about to say.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top