Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/21/2017 2:11:39 AM EDT
IMG_0058Senator Settelmeyer’s Firearms Legislation Update  3/20/17

I am sending you this email update as you have conversed with me in the past on issues pertaining to the second amendment or subjects closely related to it.  By clicking on the bill number in BLUE you can access the bill information on the legislative website.

SB102
Senator Settelmeyer’s bill Allows a person to have their firearm in a parking lot on school property.
Referred to Senate Judiciary.  No Hearing Scheduled

SB115
Senator Denis’s bill adds libraries to the list of places you can’t carry a firearm.

SB124

Senator Spearman’s bill Requires anyone who is a subject of an extended protective order, or convicted of domestic violence to surrender their firearms and be placed on the list to not purchase firearms .

SB307

Senator Gustavson’s bill Allows a person to carry concealed without a permit.

SB351

Senator Atkinson’s bill Allows a person who holds a valid medical marijuana card to still possess a CCW.

SB380

Senate Judiciary bill Allows a person who holds a valid medical marijuana card to still possess a CCW, and other matters related to marijuana on various subjects.

SJR11*

Senator Hammond’s  bill Proposes to amend the Nevada Constitution to preserve the right to hunt, trap and fish in this State
Heard in Senate Natural Resources on March 14th.  I support SJR11 but don’t feel it will be allowed an up or down vote.

AB87
Assemblywoman Titus’s bill allows a person who moves to Nevada from another state to still use the other states CCW until it expires.
Referred to Assembly Judiciary.  No Hearing Scheduled

AB118
Assemblyman Daly’s bill allows a person who is 18 who is in the military or honorably discharged to get a CCW.
Heard in Assembly Judiciary on March 15th.

AB171

Assemblyman Marchant’s bill Allows a person to carry concealed without a permit.
Referred to Assembly Judiciary.  No Hearing Scheduled

AB253

Assembly Committee on Judiciary’s bill Authorizes the Central Repository for Nevada Records of Criminal History to share mental health adjudications with local law enforcement agencies for purposes of identifying persons prohibited from possessing firearms.
Hearing scheduled for March 23rd at 8:00 a.m.  

Some bill drafts are not yet released dealing with firearms.
I will update this once a week to give you more information.
Link Posted: 3/21/2017 2:23:35 AM EDT
[#1]
SB 380 says:

"Original Bill Summary: Enacts provisions prohibiting gifts from lobbyists to members of certain local legislative bodies. (BDR 23-943)

Current Bill Title: AN ACT relating to public office; enacting provisions prohibiting gifts from lobbyists to members of certain local legislative bodies and members of their immediate families; authorizing the Attorney General to provide interpretations and take other actions necessary for the administration and enforcement of such provisions; providing remedies and penalties; and providing other matters properly relating thereto.

Bill Amendment Dates: No Amendments"

Is this a typo? Seems like it. What is the real number of the bill Sen Settlemeyer is referring to?
Link Posted: 3/21/2017 2:26:40 AM EDT
[#2]
Obo2, ya beat me while I was making the links live!
Link Posted: 3/21/2017 4:25:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Heard back from Sen Settelmeyer, and SB380 was meant to be SB378.

http://www.leg.state.nv.us/Session/79th2017/Reports/history.cfm?ID=840
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 4:20:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Make sure you are all leaving your opinions on the states website, along a short comment, even something as simple as "I strongly oppose" or "I support this bill" is good.

https://www.leg.state.nv.us/App/Opinions/79th2017/A/

Check "Remember me" at the bottom and then refresh the page after you submit and you can easily submit your opinion on the next bill without having to put in all your personal information, just simply type in or find the bill in the drop down.

Afterwards, you can check on the most voted on bills and see if there are any other bills (not firearm related) you think you might want to weigh in on.

It's pretty quick to do.

http://www.leg.state.nv.us//AppCF/Opinion/79th2017/reports/OpResultsHi.cfm

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure, let your voice be heard.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top