Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/30/2017 9:10:11 PM EDT
Anyone local heard of (or have any direct experience with) a company called FieldCraft Survival?

Myself and two friends signed up (and pre-paid) for this training class near Fernley, NV a month ago. It sounds like fun, but details were sparse and none of us have been able to get in contact with the owners since then. We just had some basic questions at first, but after sending emails, filling out the contact form on their site, and messaging them on social media to no avail, we're getting a little sketched out since they hit our credit cards for payment immediately after booking. There's no phone numbers listed anywhere, and it just seems odd to have absolutely zero communication or responses to questions. The class isn't until April, so it's not like it's next week and we haven't heard from them. But they are active on FB and Instagram and even ran a sale (after we all paid ) so the lack of communication is a little concerning.

So, before we get even more weirded out by this, I'd just figured I'd ask if anyone knows the owners or has been there and can give us some peace of mind. Thanks in advance!
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 12:16:11 AM EDT
[#1]
Oh geez. Good luck!
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 12:24:33 AM EDT
[#2]
Info for you:

They registered their domain name privately in 2015 using Godaddy.com and hid the ownership information. Now that is not uncommon but it is what I have learned so far. Perhaps more Intel to come...
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 12:33:22 AM EDT
[#3]
There appears to be quite a lot out there with this info and the name Mike Glover on it...

6900 Airport Blvd. Sacramento, CA 95837 ... FieldCraft LLC. @fieldcraftsurvival

https://www.instagram.com/Sofsurvivor/

@Sofsurvivor

Yeah tons of pics of the person depicted in the website you provided us.
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 11:25:47 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks Cav Scout!

So it's a newer company, I kinda figured that. Maybe they're new to running a business and don't get the importance of checking emails and messages? I didn't want to throw these guys under the bus or anything, but a little communication would go a long way.

We'll keep trying to make contact. Thanks again!
Link Posted: 2/1/2017 12:58:11 PM EDT
[#5]
So did you pay $375 to a company you'd never heard of, to basically drive around, camp and shoot near Fernley?
Link Posted: 2/2/2017 10:08:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
So did you pay $375 to a company you'd never heard of, to basically drive around, camp and shoot near Fernley?
View Quote

By your logic, anyone who takes any kind of training just pays to be there and fuck off for a weekend? No, the three of us are in to tactical shooting, 4X4 recovery, and SAR down here in Central AZ and this sounded like a unique and reasonably priced course that combined all of that together. Overlanding, precision shooting classes, and survival together in one... what's not to like? And yes, we checked their reviews before signing up. It just wasn't until after we tried to make contact for the last four weeks that something started to seem weird.
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 1:36:07 AM EDT
[#7]
Do they have an address in Fernley?
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 3:15:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Do they have an address in Fernley?
View Quote

Not that I can find. The only information I have is what is posted on the website (link in the original post). It just references that it's near Fernley.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 6:31:58 PM EDT
[#9]
The Fernley location is likely to be the Mustang Range, which seems to have gone through some "transitions" after a quick look online. Might try some contacts there.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 7:36:23 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
The Fernley location is likely to be the Mustang Range, which seems to have gone through some "transitions" after a quick look online. Might try some contacts there.
View Quote

I think the couple that used to own the Mustang Range split up.    I think she does the CCW classes at Scheels All Sport in Sparks. (Good class BTW).  Perhaps he is doing this now. 
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 2:18:17 PM EDT
[#11]
I didn't know they owned it. They were my first CCW class, got to hear the "gun door" spiel, saw a Californian who partied a little too hard the night before pass out while trying to sign up, put a mag through his (Glenn's?)  Glock with the happy switch. That range was where we qualified. Good times. What was funnier was a few years later a co-worker was telling me about a lady he went out on a date with. I put 2 and 2 together, it was her. She was way out of his league. He would have been like the dog that caught the car.
Link Posted: 3/14/2017 11:30:28 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I think the couple that used to own the Mustang Range split up.    I think she does the CCW classes at Scheels All Sport in Sparks. (Good class BTW).  Perhaps he is doing this now. 
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Last I heard there were numerous owners of that range. Not sure but I thought up was up near 10+ owners but that was all third and fourth hand info so it could all be bullshit.
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 12:02:54 AM EDT
[#13]
History of that range is too weird to be believed, worse than a VERY BAD soap-opera!
Now sorry I was ever involved, even have the scars.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 12:43:14 AM EDT
[#14]
So did you end up making it to the class?  I'm signed up for a class in April, but communication has been sparse.  He did email me back at one point answering a question about required gear.  Anyway, just curious if you got it figured out.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 10:02:12 PM EDT
[#15]
Hey Folks Kurt here from FieldCraft survival. Our Carbine course is happening this weekend and the PI( Primary Instructor) will be Mike Glover the owner of FieldCraft. For the record our website is being upgraded and we apologize for any inconvenience or confusion this may have caused. We have posted several times on social media that our site is being upgraded and you can reach us at [email protected] Mike and I are both Former Green Berets both having over 18 years of honorable service to our great nation. please feel free to contact us on the email listed above and we will do our best to get back to you in a timely manner. This is our link for the time being to access our online store for upcoming courses https://store7820152.ecwid.com/
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 10:03:08 PM EDT
[#16]
Same message posted multiple times, glitch in the matrix
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 10:07:17 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 10:09:02 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 10:13:46 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 11:08:58 PM EDT
[#20]
OK, I think we got it, got it, got it,...........
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 5:13:11 AM EDT
[#21]
Is Field Craft Survival an Industry Partner here?
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 10:27:32 AM EDT
[#22]
Thanks Kurt. See you in April.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 10:39:27 AM EDT
[#23]
Thanks for your service and all that but still, if you run a company that expects people to pay them to stay in business, customer service should become a priority. These poor guys had no idea for some time if their funds were gone or what.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top