Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/2/2017 8:53:43 PM EDT
Anything in particular I should know about transporting firearms and ammo through Nevada? A few buddies and I are going to be doing some training with Fieldcraft in April near Fernley, and we'll be taking the 93/95 through a huge chunk of the state driving very conspicuous vehicles. I just want to make sure we are doing everything by the book in the event of a stop. Thanks in advance!
Link Posted: 1/2/2017 10:40:16 PM EDT
[#1]
No chambered rounds in long guns.  

No concealed weapon on the person without a permit.  

Other than that, nothing.
Link Posted: 1/2/2017 11:50:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote

You can have a loaded handgun anywhere in the vehicle without a CCW as long as it is not physically on your person.
Link Posted: 1/3/2017 12:33:20 AM EDT
[#3]
Open carry of a loaded handgun is also GTG.
Link Posted: 1/3/2017 8:44:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

You can have a loaded handgun anywhere in the vehicle without a CCW as long as it is not physically on your person.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Isn't that what he said
Link Posted: 1/3/2017 11:04:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Isn't that what he said
View Quote

Troublemaker.

Link Posted: 1/5/2017 1:35:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Isn't that what he said
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Isn't that what he said

I was just trying to clarify.
Link Posted: 1/5/2017 2:55:00 PM EDT
[#7]
Be sure to do the speed limit, and no funny business as you pass through Schurz, a little North of Walker Lake.
Link Posted: 1/5/2017 7:27:28 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Be sure to do the speed limit, and no funny business as you pass through Schurz, a little North of Walker Lake.
View Quote

Yep walker river police hit me for 82 in a 70 or some dumb shit. At least it's a rural speeding ticket, no points. But that guy just pulls people over non stop.
Link Posted: 1/7/2017 4:36:11 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Yep walker river police hit me for 82 in a 70 or some dumb shit. At least it's a rural speeding ticket, no points. But that guy just pulls people over non stop.
View Quote
Never speed on the Indian reservation.
Link Posted: 1/14/2017 4:25:00 AM EDT
[#10]
Hawthorne is another spot to slow down. A few months back I heard that NHP was doing increased enforcement trying to get some kind of grant and would get people for 5 over. I don't know what the current situation is but I would plan on driving the speed limit. Schurz will watch to see if you are doing 31 before you pass the 40 mph sign. The boundary is at the north end of the lake and they are regularly there at the turnout. Also, stay on the highway, as in something like 15 feet of shoulder with your guns. It is very unlikely that anything other than speed will draw attention but once you do they are thorough and the laws are their own.
Link Posted: 1/14/2017 12:46:46 PM EDT
[#11]
Anyone else remember the days when electronic speed traps were ILLEGAL in Nevada?
Funny how that repeal of a law went unmentioned by anyone.
Just proof that "our" legislature CAN act quickly and quietly when they really want to.
Link Posted: 1/23/2017 2:18:59 PM EDT
[#12]
Speeding?

Did you miss high school physics?

The amount of force you body needs to absorb doubles from 60mph to 80mph.

Ke = 1/2MV²

Velocity squared....

70 is fast enough on that road with head on traffic.
Link Posted: 1/30/2017 8:56:39 PM EDT
[#13]
Thanks for all the info guys!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top