Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 5
Link Posted: 10/5/2016 8:44:15 PM EDT
[#1]
According to channel 2 news at 5 o'clock tonight, in whatever pole they used Question 1 was passing 66% YES , to NO 25% with 9% undecided.

Fuck.
Link Posted: 10/5/2016 8:56:37 PM EDT
[#2]
I buy my firearms ALL the time on the internet or gun show without a background check.  That is why I do it.  OHHHH wait that is BULLSHIT!!!!  Every time I have bought a gun I have had to do a background check.  WTF!!!!!!!!!!!  The media makes it seem that people are buying guns without criminal checks.
Link Posted: 10/5/2016 10:09:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I buy my firearms ALL the time on the internet or gun show without a background check.  That is why I do it.  OHHHH wait that is BULLSHIT!!!!  Every time I have bought a gun I have had to do a background check.  WTF!!!!!!!!!!!  The media makes it seem that people are buying guns without criminal checks.
View Quote

If I want to sell a couple of guns to a friend to purchase a new optic or fund a new project, this measure will make criminals out of both of us if we don't comply.

And what's really sad about this is that there is no VALID data to back up the claims for the passage of Question 1. All they are doing is trying to find a solution for a problem that doesn't exist.

But hey, isn't that what liberals do?

Link Posted: 10/6/2016 11:09:35 AM EDT
[#4]
Big Crossroads show at the end of this month.  Does anybody know if we're going to have anyone representing our side there? Since they're targeting the infamous "gunshow loophole", that seems like the most obvious place to make a stand.
Link Posted: 10/6/2016 11:47:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

If I want to sell a couple of guns to a friend to purchase a new optic or fund a new project, this measure will make criminals out of both of us if we don't comply.

And what's really sad about this is that there is no VALID data to back up the claims for the passage of Question 1. All they are doing is trying to find a solution for a problem that doesn't exist.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If you are selling to a friend, what's to stop you from making a back dated bill of sale?

Now that won't work for new purchased guns after the law is enacted, but for the 300 million existing guns out there, I see a LOT of back dated bills of sale.
Link Posted: 10/7/2016 12:02:17 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

If you are selling to a friend, what's to stop you from making a back dated bill of sale?

Now that won't work for new purchased guns after the law is enacted, but for the 300 million existing guns out there, I see a LOT of back dated bills of sale.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't know if I want to create a paper trail of breaking the law.
Link Posted: 10/7/2016 10:10:22 AM EDT
[#7]
I talk to a lot of people. 5 days a week 12 hours a day both tourist and local's in Vegas. Of the locals probably 90% are buying the crap solely on the commercial,info alone. The commercial seems to be very effective espeacially with the younger techy-millenial types who have no clue what freedom and their rights are.

I try to explain, it's almost pointless falling on deaf ears.

Just to fuck around I'll say did you hear the government is going to limit your cell phone and data usage to 30 minutes a day, the reaction is completely different, facial expression changes, eyes open and some interaction can be had, usually it's they wouldn't do that nor would I vote for it.

IMHO were fucked. As long as the power is on and people are making a buck. They just don't care about firearms and Thier Rights pertaining to them or our history for that matter.

I have the NRA VOTE NO ON 1 Sticker on my Truck, it's the only one I've seen so far.
Link Posted: 10/7/2016 2:09:33 PM EDT
[#8]
I keep thinking I need to put a big no on one yes on two sticker on my truck. The kids all know what the hell two is and maybe we can use subliminal messaging.
Link Posted: 10/7/2016 9:33:20 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

I keep thinking I need to put a big no on one yes on two sticker on my truck. The kids all know what the hell two is and maybe we can use subliminal messaging.
View Quote

I like this plan.

More freedom, even if you hate it.
Link Posted: 10/7/2016 9:34:23 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Big Crossroads show at the end of this month.  Does anybody know if we're going to have anyone representing our side there? Since they're targeting the infamous "gunshow loophole", that seems like the most obvious place to make a stand.
View Quote

I'll have a booth at the Reno Crossroads 22-23. Ishoot2live sent me some stickers to give out, but more swag is always good. If you've got ideas, or want me to leave room for a soapbox, I'm game.
Link Posted: 10/7/2016 10:05:41 PM EDT
[#11]
Another new ad aired, with Armslist appearing again. Armslist seemed interested, but now they don't respond anymore. Seems odd.

Started a fire mission in GD. Doubt many will come, but worth a try.

Linky
Link Posted: 10/10/2016 2:15:38 PM EDT
[#12]
they must have spent a fortune on ad buys supporting question 1, i'm seeing commercials supporting it every 5 minutes
Link Posted: 10/10/2016 5:33:39 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
they must have spent a fortune on ad buys supporting question 1, i'm seeing commercials supporting it every 5 minutes
View Quote

Yep, with that lying scumbag Woflson. I wonder how much Bloomberg is paying him to spew this crap.
Link Posted: 10/11/2016 10:33:34 AM EDT
[#14]
Just saw the other as with armslist with the retired chief deputy from Clark County. I just looked on arms list. Most of the ads were either parts or valley pawn in Reno. WTF?
Link Posted: 10/11/2016 8:40:24 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Just saw the other as with armslist with the retired chief deputy from Clark County. I just looked on arms list. Most of the ads were either parts or valley pawn in Reno. WTF?
View Quote

He was a senior deputy sheriff? Seems odd, since there hasn't been a sheriff's department since the early 70s. I wonder what this "senior deputy" is.

Someone needs to pay attention and get the name. Transparent Nevada will show if he retired or if it is a case of the Bloombergs using a person from another Clark county (like WA).
Link Posted: 10/12/2016 11:01:04 AM EDT
[#16]
Jim Child's. Transparent Nevada is not allowing me to search that name.  Hmm...
Link Posted: 10/13/2016 1:36:23 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 10/13/2016 8:24:32 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I have a customer who was a judge and he told me Jim Child's was a bailiff for the courts.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
View Quote

Well that means he has a lot of experience working criminal cases. Like the others, I wonder what Bloomberg donated money to in exchange for testimony.
Link Posted: 10/13/2016 8:27:13 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 10/13/2016 10:34:31 PM EDT
[#20]
I picked up two Vote No on Question 1 yard signs from the NRA Reno Field Office and put them out in the front of my house.

There is supposed to be a "day of action" on the 22nd with phone bank, neighborhood canvassing, etc..  I will be at the Crossroads show all day that day unfortunately.
Link Posted: 10/16/2016 2:01:30 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
NSSF was nice enough to send stuff out. Pretty impressive.
View Quote

Given the NSSF sponsors the SHOT Show and it is in Las Vegas, what are they doing to encourage people to vote NO?

I'd love to know as I'm doing a blog post on the initiative.

Thanks
Link Posted: 10/16/2016 8:58:23 PM EDT
[#22]
They sent mailers.  I may have tossed it though.
Link Posted: 10/16/2016 10:49:24 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
They sent mailers.  I may have tossed it though.
View Quote

Do you want some stickers?

I still have some left.
Link Posted: 10/19/2016 3:03:35 PM EDT
[#24]
For those who dont know, New Frontier Armory in NLV is handing out free "Dont Californicate Nevada, vote no on 1" bumper stickers. Dont even need to ask for them, they're on the checkout counter.

Guido (owner of NFA) has been taking them to task on it on FB.

Every little bit helps, but I cant help but think we're going to get crushed on this.

Fuck.. we only got rid of blue cards a few months ago.
Link Posted: 10/19/2016 10:31:43 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Fuck.. we only got rid of blue cards a few months ago.
View Quote

Why do you think the cockgobblers finally let go of the blue card shit?

They were planning on having statewide coverage.  

Wolfson has said he will use "prosecutorial discretion"  to balance the possible downside to prop 1  HAHAHAHA
Link Posted: 10/20/2016 2:02:16 AM EDT
[#26]
Wolfson tripped over his dick so many times in this discussion.

Typical, scripted, Liberal drivel.

(left cold)

http://www.vegaspbs.org/election-2016/roundtable-discussions/
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 10:17:32 AM EDT
[#27]
Question 1 will not work without registration, so if it passes the next step will be mandatory registration of all firearms longarms and handguns.

Dave
Link Posted: 10/22/2016 11:20:18 PM EDT
[#28]
WHERE IS THE NRA?!? I asked them and got nothing but crickets. This is effing ridiculous.
Link Posted: 10/23/2016 12:13:58 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
WHERE IS THE NRA?!? I asked them and got nothing but crickets. This is effing ridiculous.
View Quote

All the national Pro-Gun organizations should be hitting this with the Hammer of Thor.

Unfortunately, they're not.

If this passes every member of any of those organizations should be pissed.

Link Posted: 10/23/2016 8:07:59 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

All the national Pro-Gun organizations should be hitting this with the Hammer of Thor.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Seriously, how easy would it be to counter those lying, scrapple for brains Sheriff deputies that star in the propaganda commercials day and night? You know the sheeple all believe the lie that you can buy a firearm online w/o a background check.
Link Posted: 10/23/2016 6:40:03 PM EDT
[#31]
Buddy of mine went to the Government center to early vote and the backers of Question 1 had a table set up urging the uninformed to make sure to vote for it. He got into it with them and a few F bombs were exchanged. I thought there was no campaigning  to be done at polling places or did Bloomberg pay them off too. WHERE IS THE NRA?
Link Posted: 10/23/2016 10:00:21 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Buddy of mine went to the Government center to early vote and the backers of Question 1 had a table set up urging the uninformed to make sure to vote for it. He got into it with them and a few F bombs were exchanged. I thought there was no campaigning  to be done at polling places or did Bloomberg pay them off too. WHERE IS THE NRA?
View Quote

During the 2014 Election when I early voted at the Green Valley Library I saw the same guy that I saw at the Smith's near us earlier in the week collecting signatures. He was outside the library but hardly 100 (required) feet away from the door.

I played uninformed and listened to his spiel and lies he called "facts" before I beat him at his own game with real facts called the TRUTH.

He said he was a gun owner and owned an AR among other various guns and he admitted to me that he was only gathering signatures for the money.

I told him that he was a hypocrite and that he should be ashamed of himself.

I would have your buddy contact the RJ and the local FOX new channel. That's BULLSHIT.

Link Posted: 10/24/2016 12:15:17 AM EDT
[#33]
Let's help them see the light.  Photos, names, dates and times will be helpful...

From the "Nevadans for State Gun Rights" Facebook page:

The Secretary of State’s Office oversees Nevada’s Elections and is constantly monitoring elections activities. However, we also rely on the help of citizens to report violations of Title 24 (Nevada’s Elections Laws) of the Nevada Revised Statues. To facilitate this process, the Secretary of State has developed a statewide complaint system to address allegations involving a violation of any provision of Title 24.

To initiate the process, a formal complaint must be received by the Secretary of State, and identify the person making the complaint. The complaint must set forth the alleged violation of law and identify the party responsible for the violation, as well as set forth dates and times of specific occurrences, if practicable. Upon receiving the formal complaint in the Secretary of State’s office either by conventional mail, email, facsimile or hand delivery, the Secretary of State’s office shall begin the resolution process.

Under this process any person may file a complaint who believes that there has been a violation, a violation is occurring, or a violation will be occurring related to any provision Title 24. These procedures shall be uniform and non-discriminatory. If under these procedures the Secretary of State determines that there is a violation, an appropriate remedy shall be provided to the extent permitted by law. If the Secretary of State determines that the complaint does not allege a violation, the Secretary of State may dismiss the complaint or refer it to the proper agency for resolution. The complainant will be notified of any action taken by the Secretary of State.

To file a formal complaint with the Secretary of State, complete the Election Law Violation Form and send it to the Elections Division at the address listed below.

ELECTIONS DIVISION

101 North Carson Street, Suite 3
Carson City, NV 89701-3714
Fax: 775-684-5718
Email: [email protected]

http://nvsos.gov/…/…/report-potential-election-law-violation
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 1:45:41 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Let's help them see the light.  Photos, names, dates and times will be helpful...

From the "Nevadans for State Gun Rights" Facebook page:

The Secretary of State’s Office oversees Nevada’s Elections and is constantly monitoring elections activities. However, we also rely on the help of citizens to report violations of Title 24 (Nevada’s Elections Laws) of the Nevada Revised Statues. To facilitate this process, the Secretary of State has developed a statewide complaint system to address allegations involving a violation of any provision of Title 24.

To initiate the process, a formal complaint must be received by the Secretary of State, and identify the person making the complaint. The complaint must set forth the alleged violation of law and identify the party responsible for the violation, as well as set forth dates and times of specific occurrences, if practicable. Upon receiving the formal complaint in the Secretary of State’s office either by conventional mail, email, facsimile or hand delivery, the Secretary of State’s office shall begin the resolution process.

Under this process any person may file a complaint who believes that there has been a violation, a violation is occurring, or a violation will be occurring related to any provision Title 24. These procedures shall be uniform and non-discriminatory. If under these procedures the Secretary of State determines that there is a violation, an appropriate remedy shall be provided to the extent permitted by law. If the Secretary of State determines that the complaint does not allege a violation, the Secretary of State may dismiss the complaint or refer it to the proper agency for resolution. The complainant will be notified of any action taken by the Secretary of State.

To file a formal complaint with the Secretary of State, complete the Election Law Violation Form and send it to the Elections Division at the address listed below.

ELECTIONS DIVISION

101 North Carson Street, Suite 3
Carson City, NV 89701-3714
Fax: 775-684-5718
Email: [email protected]

http://nvsos.gov/…/…/report-potential-election-law-violation
View Quote

BOOM!
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 2:23:42 PM EDT
[#35]
Latest upload from the NRA:

Anyone have any estimates on how it's looking for Q1 passing?
Link Posted: 11/3/2016 8:59:54 PM EDT
[#36]
Is it me or does it seem like people want this????  It also wants the background check to go federal WTF.  You mean gun registration!   How does it look?  I keep hearing this is going to pass.  
Link Posted: 11/3/2016 11:42:23 PM EDT
[#37]
Last poll I heard said 49% in favor, 41% opposed.
Link Posted: 11/4/2016 12:30:53 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Is it me or does it seem like people want this????  It also wants the background check to go federal WTF.  You mean gun registration!   How does it look?  I keep hearing this is going to pass.  
View Quote

Every national poll or street interview I've seen has the majority in favor of it. In my opinion this is the stuff they will get us with. The majority of people find it reasonable to require background checks.

This is what makes it so hard. It's easy to say quit compromising and do something about it but nobody wants to be the first one
Link Posted: 11/4/2016 9:26:39 AM EDT
[#39]
FK THE NRA.
Link Posted: 11/4/2016 2:09:52 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
FK THE NRA.
View Quote

That's the spirit

The whole country would be like California if not for them
Link Posted: 11/4/2016 2:16:09 PM EDT
[#41]
Bad people and crazy people should just not be able to, " buy a gun."

Simple as that and stops right there for most of the  - yes on #1 - crowd.

Gun owners too.

Surprised if it doesn't pass.
Link Posted: 11/5/2016 9:54:05 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View Quote

Here's your chance to get involved (or do you just wring your hands and wait for someone to point the way?)....

https://www.ar15.com/forums/t_8_22/606918_.html&page=1

Not sure if you're in NV or ME but regardless, sign up on the NRA/ILA volunteer page and you should start getting emails with info.
Link Posted: 11/5/2016 9:55:28 AM EDT
[#43]
If you can, grab some signs and get them posted at houses surrounding your local polling place.  PM me for info.
Link Posted: 11/5/2016 9:58:09 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Last poll I heard said 49% in favor, 41% opposed.
View Quote

It was actually 49/45.  We've got inertia on our side so let's push them out of the ring!

https://www.ar15.com/forums/t_8_22/606918_.html&page=1
Link Posted: 11/6/2016 1:25:27 PM EDT
[#45]
You guys seem to be missing the point. If this passes, it gives validity to Bloomberg and Moms Demand Action.

Passing 1 law is never enough for these people.. the next thing will be magazine restrictions, or AWBs.

Why does it seem like everyone is just rolling onto their backs and taking it?
Link Posted: 11/6/2016 11:35:00 PM EDT
[#46]
I gotcha but they're absent in Nevada. I'm a life member who is pissed off.
Link Posted: 11/6/2016 11:38:04 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

That's the spirit

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
FK THE NRA.

That's the spirit

Oops my reply didn't quote but I'm a life member of the NRA and they have let Nevada down. I've seen them in other places but not here.
Link Posted: 11/7/2016 12:23:57 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Oops my reply didn't quote but I'm a life member of the NRA and they have let Nevada down. I've seen them in other places but not here.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
FK THE NRA.

That's the spirit

All the anti issue 1 ads I've seen and heard have been from them. They also have had numerous neighborhood walks and meetings. Who else is doing anything? I went to one of the first NRA meetings on issue 1 in henderson, there were maybe 20-30 people there. What can the NRA do if we don't come out? Keep in mind, issue 1 isn't the only thing they have to fight this year either, Killary and her evil twin Masto-Bator come to mind. Don't get me wrong, I'm not calling them perfect, but what else do we have?
Link Posted: 11/7/2016 1:09:21 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

All the anti issue 1 ads I've seen and heard have been from them. They also have had numerous neighborhood walks and meetings. Who else is doing anything? I went to one of the first NRA meetings on issue 1 in henderson, there were maybe 20-30 people there. What can the NRA do if we don't come out? Keep in mind, issue 1 isn't the only thing they have to fight this year either, Killary and her evil twin Masto-Bator come to mind. Don't get me wrong, I'm not calling them perfect, but what else do we have?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
FK THE NRA.

That's the spirit

The only way to not see them is to not look
Link Posted: 11/8/2016 3:32:44 AM EDT
[#50]
Bloom-Turd has made it plain from the start that his strategy is to pass Q1 in several states so as to make it irresistible at the Fed. level.

More could have been done to fight it but it seems the Dope question is getting more attention if you look at the signs along the roads.
More could have been done to fight it if the $#@!& casinos did not have stupid and overly restrictive laws in place to prevent effective fund raising by our side.

If Q1 passes it will be another assault on Nevada firearms freedom, to be added to the recent .50 hunting ban.
The only way to enforce Q1 will be to bring back the "Blue Card" BS on steroids, but statewide!

Not sure what could be done at the legislature as even phoney "Initiatives" are very hard to repeal, particularly to repeal quickly.
Once ensconced for a while such stupidity gets even harder to be rid of.
This %$@*! was made inevitable as soon as NRA and others accepted the unconstitutional "Brady Check" and allowed it to become an accepted norm.
Q1 is just a bit more of the Camel under the tent, invited in by acceptance of the earlier "Common sense" measure.
I have NEVER accepted the "Brady Act" as legitimate and neither should anyone else.

To top it off I expect our next governor to be a "D" since the R's and rino-Sandoval have gone so tax happy.
Why would the "Gimme-dat's" allow liberal-lite's to remain in charge when the real thing will be available from the top down in two years if not 2017?

The R's blew it so bad that after twenty-two years of local Republican central committee membership I dropped out!
I expect the D's will regain control as so many folk will ignore the R's pleas based on their recent record.
Yah, I'm disgusted, even my most reliable R assemblyman voted in favor of the recent Vegas Tax & Spend stadium giveaway!
That special session also bolsters the argument for a full time legislature and pro-politicians, just like Kali!

Some one bring on the global warming for real, I might have to move to WY.
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top