Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 5
Link Posted: 11/14/2016 10:25:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Thank you. I have seen a lot of confusion as to this. Especially on Q-1.

I assume this takes effect on Jan 1 ?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Am I the only one that is bothered that these ballot measures (which are additions to the state constitution) can pass with a 1% margin? I think it would be in everyone's best interest if we got a ballot measure together that required all future ballot measures must pass by 2/3 margin to be considered 'passed'.

Changes to our state constitution should require more consensus.

Only two ballot measures were constitutional amendments, Question 3 and Question 4, which is why they need to be voted on again in two years. The others (1,2,5) were changes to the NRS.

Thank you. I have seen a lot of confusion as to this. Especially on Q-1.

I assume this takes effect on Jan 1 ?

Yes.
Link Posted: 11/16/2016 4:24:10 AM EDT
[#2]
Could it be said that Q1 is de-facto registration? If you purchase a firearm after 1/2017 and that firearm is not in your possession, you either gave it to an immediate family member or illegally sold it. So after being in effect for ten years, they would be able to pull the 4473s and have a good idea of your situation.
Link Posted: 11/16/2016 2:09:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Could it be said that Q1 is de-facto registration? If you purchase a firearm after 1/2017 and that firearm is not in your possession, you either gave it to an immediate family member or illegally sold it. So after being in effect for ten years, they would be able to pull the 4473s and have a good idea of your situation.
View Quote

No
Link Posted: 11/16/2016 2:15:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote

In and of itself no, Q1 is not registration.  But, since it's absolutely useless without registration, the fear is that it will lead to registration in subsequent legislative sessions.  The cliché is that the camel's nose is now in the tent. The rest is soon to follow.
Link Posted: 11/16/2016 10:54:52 PM EDT
[#5]
2017 session is only a few weeks away.
The R's got their asses handed to them in Nevada, and in many ways they deserved that.

I fully expect to see a statewide registration bill THIS coming session, probably from that POS "Leach" Segerblom.

Hopefully the R's play better defense than the lousy leadership they displayed last session.

"Passed" by <1%, passed in only ONE county!

I'm making notes as they occur to me but I see Q1 as unconstitutional on several grounds.
Not a lawyer and not sure where to find one qualified to answer questions on this even if I could afford to talk to them about it.
Wither art thou NRA?
The allegation that an "initiative" can be written to deprive us of our 1A rights to seek redress for three years should be laughable.
Particularly in light of the very slim margin this feculence "Passed" by.
The documented "Irregularities" surrounding the petition circulation should have kept it off the ballot, but it was supported by libs and approved by a lib AG.
The clear violation of the "Single subject rule" should have kept if off the ballot, but.................
FFL's being "Required" to process this crap, ah, I think that's "Involuntary servitude" AKA slavery.
Double that if the dealer is to waste their time without compensation, but some foolish dealers this this is a jackpot for them.
And I've already seen signs stating the dealers fee at $40.00 so any claim that it's "Only $25.00" is crap too.
If the claim is that it's free via NICS, that is also crap as Nevada is a POC state with no dealer access to NICS.
Feel free to add thoughts that might fly in court.

Bloomturd is not done, we need better answers.

Lawsuit might succeed with the correct grounds but cost $$$, WHO has it to spare and also gives a damn?
Also not sure what would be required to have "Standing" to file a suit.
Paging the pro-RKBA Nevada lawyers, step up and make a name for yourselves!

The three year prohibition crap is intended to nullify any attempt at repeal.
Like the "Brady Law" in three years it will be just another screw-job most folk are used to and so have no real inclination to fight.
Link Posted: 11/17/2016 12:27:35 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
2017 session is only a few weeks away.
The R's got their asses handed to them in Nevada, and in many ways they deserved that.

I fully expect to see a statewide registration bill THIS coming session, probably from that POS "Leach" Segerblom.

Hopefully the R's play better defense than the lousy leadership they displayed last session.

"Passed" by <1%, passed in only ONE county!

I'm making notes as they occur to me but I see Q1 as unconstitutional on several grounds.
Not a lawyer and not sure where to find one qualified to answer questions on this even if I could afford to talk to them about it.
Wither art thou NRA?
The allegation that an "initiative" can be written to deprive us of our 1A rights to seek redress for three years should be laughable.
Particularly in light of the very slim margin this feculence "Passed" by.
The documented "Irregularities" surrounding the petition circulation should have kept it off the ballot, but it was supported by libs and approved by a lib AG.
The clear violation of the "Single subject rule" should have kept if off the ballot, but.................
FFL's being "Required" to process this crap, ah, I think that's "Involuntary servitude" AKA slavery.
Double that if the dealer is to waste their time without compensation, but some foolish dealers this this is a jackpot for them.
And I've already seen signs stating the dealers fee at $40.00 so any claim that it's "Only $25.00" is crap too.
If the claim is that it's free via NICS, that is also crap as Nevada is a POC state with no dealer access to NICS.
Feel free to add thoughts that might fly in court.

Bloomturd is not done, we need better answers.

Lawsuit might succeed with the correct grounds but cost $$$, WHO has it to spare and also gives a damn?
Also not sure what would be required to have "Standing" to file a suit.
Paging the pro-RKBA Nevada lawyers, step up and make a name for yourselves!

The three year prohibition crap is intended to nullify any attempt at repeal.
Like the "Brady Law" in three years it will be just another screw-job most folk are used to and so have no real inclination to fight.
View Quote

FFLs are not forced to do this last I saw. I am sure they will as a service but in theory they could all refuse which would create a interesting situation.
Link Posted: 11/17/2016 1:36:18 AM EDT
[#7]
Guarantee you I will not!
Have no interest in being a party to this level of seditious BS.

Sometimes hard to separate testimony from the bill that Sando-rino vetoed from Q1.
Legislative testimony made it clear what the anti's want, including forced FFL participation.
Q1 true result will not be fully clear until it takes effect and we see what the powers in charge do as "Implementation".

If our authorities do not go overboard making "Example" prosecutions to scare us all into full quivering pant-wetting compliance expect Bloomturd and his pet lobbyist groups to file suit to force more onerous interpretation ASAP.
Seems "Standing" is never an issue for those seeking to deprive us of our freedoms, only the defenders.
Link Posted: 12/28/2016 10:56:16 PM EDT
[#8]
As of today? It ain't looking too good for the gun banners.
Link Posted: 12/29/2016 12:23:50 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 12/29/2016 1:32:32 AM EDT
[#10]
Amazing. Simply amazing, and wonderful. Now we have another problem, Obama just grabbed the rest of Nevada. Gold Butte and Bear Ear UT now national monuments effective immediately.
Link Posted: 12/29/2016 1:24:33 PM EDT
[#11]
Read the AG's letter about it, it's great:

http://ag.nv.gov/uploadedFiles/agnvgov/Content/Publications/AGO_2016-12.pdf

Legislature can't fix it for three years, and it can only be fixed through another measure before then.
Link Posted: 12/29/2016 1:31:21 PM EDT
[#12]
unenfoceable is a poor choice of words. It is unfollowable. We created a law which the people can not even abide by if they try.
Link Posted: 12/29/2016 2:43:05 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Unenfoceable is a poor choice of words. It is unfollowable. We created a law which the people can not even abide by if they try.
View Quote

What "We" white-man? (Tonto)

This $#@&! was imposed on us by a libtard billionaire and his out of state paid goons.
Link Posted: 12/29/2016 7:23:04 PM EDT
[#14]
While this may sound good, I fear the worst.

The AG says the law is not good. So, the Legislature weenies (Dem control this time) won't be able to fix it. We have a 2 year safe time and will be addressed in the next legislature.

2 years from now, we will see them try and fix it. The state has a HUGE cash cow in background checks. They make a killing. They aren't going to push the FBI to allow it. They will wait it out and have ALL transactions ran through the state. They will bang us for $25 checks.

We can try and push the CCW exemption for the process. Not just the background check, but the whole FFL processing too. Also need an exemption for NFA items, since a background is run then too.
Link Posted: 12/29/2016 10:14:28 PM EDT
[#15]
Special session in late 2020?
Unless I am counting wrong three years should extend beyond the 2019 session.

While the state legislature may not be allowed to make any effort to alter or abolish Q1 I do not believe or accept that "We the people" are so restricted.
So we have three years to work on reversing the result of a vote that barely passed despite the millions Bloomturd threw at it.

One more reason to be VERY wary and to prevent the coming D's effort to take Nevada to annual or even full time sessions!
Also to prevent their moving the state capitol to LV!!!!!
Link Posted: 12/29/2016 10:53:58 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
While this may sound good, I fear the worst.

The AG says the law is not good. So, the Legislature weenies (Dem control this time) won't be able to fix it. We have a 2 year safe time and will be addressed in the next legislature.

2 years from now, we will see them try and fix it. The state has a HUGE cash cow in background checks. They make a killing. They aren't going to push the FBI to allow it. They will wait it out and have ALL transactions ran through the state. They will bang us for $25 checks.

We can try and push the CCW exemption for the process. Not just the background check, but the whole FFL processing too. Also need an exemption for NFA items, since a background is run then too.
View Quote

Trying to "work with it" like CCW exemption and so forth is only going to encourage the problem (this failed NRA strategy is precisely how this got here in the first place). This is yet another opportunity to raise the issue that the whole concept of checks is a) unconstitutional; b) not ratified by voters in every other county outside Clark; and c) railroaded through the system by outside political interests. It's time to call a spade a spade, and bottom line it is the responsibility of the local sheriffs to do so.
Link Posted: 12/29/2016 11:11:34 PM EDT
[#17]
Just watched the Reno news.  Mike Haley is loosing his mind about this.  Funny that he is being interviewed as a FORMER Sheriff, however, they are not contacting or interviewing the CURRENT Attorney General who is responsible for enforcing the laws of the state.
Link Posted: 12/30/2016 12:33:58 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Trying to "work with it" like CCW exemption and so forth is only going to encourage the problem (this failed NRA strategy is precisely how this got here in the first place). This is yet another opportunity to raise the issue that the whole concept of checks is a) unconstitutional; b) not ratified by voters in every other county outside Clark; and c) railroaded through the system by outside political interests. It's time to call a spade a spade, and bottom line it is the responsibility of the local sheriffs to do so.
View Quote

Don't expect any help from the Clark County Sheriff.

Link Posted: 12/30/2016 3:25:53 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Don't expect any help from the Clark County Sheriff.

View Quote

Whelp, that's how you find out who values their oath of service and who doesn't.
Link Posted: 12/30/2016 11:43:05 AM EDT
[#20]
I'm just curious what you guys think. Last night I went to the safenevada website and did some general reading on who's supporting this crap. I'm making a list of all the businesses that are involved. I'm going to print that list and pass one on to all members of my family/friends asking them not to patronize any of the places involved here locally in the south. Arguably it's wouldn't do anything to the bottom line but it's my way of trying to make a difference.

I really want to send emails to many of listed supporters letting them know I disapprove of their need to control what I can and can't do in a respectful courteous manner.

Is there any danger in doing so ?  I don't want to be on the "LIST" so to speak.
Link Posted: 12/30/2016 12:05:33 PM EDT
[#21]
Make a list. Share it. If you want to send emails, there are ways to layer them. Let me know if it goes that far.
Link Posted: 12/30/2016 1:36:05 PM EDT
[#22]
The biggest problem with boycotts is that I am always already not buying the ass-hats products so cannot buy even less of their crap.
But please put up a list anyway as there may be a couple I was not aware of.
Link Posted: 12/30/2016 8:10:41 PM EDT
[#23]
NVFAC will be having a NN lottery with a couple of prizes.
One of them will be the top gun in this pic, a Novem 9mm Carbine I built.
Scope rail and 17 Rd. mag just to flip Lombardo the bird.
Not sure when the lottery will commence or ticket price but it should be soon as we will need funding for legislative action.
Once the lottery commences we need to get the word out so that the funds may be raised quickly.

Link Posted: 12/30/2016 9:27:58 PM EDT
[#24]
Here's a shortlist of eating establishments, to be fair their could be other's but these are under the veil of the supporters.

Tom Kaplan
Spago (MGM)
Cut (3377 Las Vegas Blvd)
Wolfgang Puck Pizza & Cucina (Crystals Mall)
Trattoria Del Lupo (Mandalay Bay)
Wolfgang Puck Bar and Grill (MGM)

Jenna Morton
La Cave (Wynn)
Crush (MGM)
La Comida (Downtown)

If anyone thinks it's a good idea to post this in the shot show forum, feel free. Wouldn't hurt for vendors to see where not to wine and dine.
I'm working on a list of Doctors, Lawyers and other businesses.
Link Posted: 12/31/2016 7:11:43 PM EDT
[#25]
So if what I was told today is correct the Bloomturd anti's got us some unintended consequences.
I was told that Q1 "Repealed" the existing law that allowed private individuals to get a background check on a buyer at no expense.
ANOTHER failure to adhere to the "Single Subject" rule!

So Q1 as it stands cannot be done, and now sellers cannot avail themselves of the Nevada check system even if they want to?
Meaning that Q1 actually REDUCED the number of background checks being done.
Actually kind of happy about that, as I still recognize that the entire BC scheme is clearly unconstitutional.
Link Posted: 12/31/2016 9:55:52 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Here's a shortlist of eating establishments, to be fair their could be other's but these are under the veil of the supporters.

Tom Kaplan
Spago (MGM)

Jenna Morton
La Cave (Wynn)
Crush (MGM)
La Comida (Downtown)

If anyone thinks it's a good idea to post this in the shot show forum, feel free. Wouldn't hurt for vendors to see where not to wine and dine.
View Quote

Thank you for doing this, I will do my part to put my boot up their asses. FK LOMBARDO and his Merry band of dipshits.
Link Posted: 1/1/2017 1:32:18 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
So if what I was told today is correct the Bloomturd anti's got us some unintended consequences.
I was told that Q1 "Repealed" the existing law that allowed private individuals to get a background check on a buyer at no expense.
ANOTHER failure to adhere to the "Single Subject" rule!

So Q1 as it stands cannot be done, and now sellers cannot avail themselves of the Nevada check system even if they want to?
Meaning that Q1 actually REDUCED the number of background checks being done.
Actually kind of happy about that, as I still recognize that the entire BC scheme is clearly unconstitutional.
View Quote

I missed the part where the personal background check law and funding requirement was repealed in Question 1. If it was repealed, then the AG would not be able to show that as a viable option.
Link Posted: 1/1/2017 1:52:25 AM EDT
[#28]
I'm not sure the assertion is correct, hence my questioning it.
But I certainly see how Q1 could be perceived as doing that.

Another Q1 fail, does not pass the "Reasonable man" test.

AG is going to have to clear up more details of this debacle, I already know people who are paralyzed with fear regards buying or selling personal guns over it.
One even thought that under the new "Law" he could not even sell to a dealer without doing the impossible background check.
Link Posted: 1/1/2017 11:14:04 AM EDT
[#29]
The NRS that said a person may obtain a BG check on a private sale is NRS 202.254.  Question 1 amended 202.254 to the wording that it is, requiring BG checks rather than permitting them.  Now the FBI says, no, and the AG says that the law states that the FBI is required to do the checks, so it essentially nullified 202.254 in its original state, of course until this mess gets figured out.
Link Posted: 1/1/2017 10:20:31 PM EDT
[#30]
Good job starstruck, just a couple clarifications:
Spago is in The Forum Shops at Caesars.
CUT is in The Palazzo.
Link Posted: 1/3/2017 10:56:28 PM EDT
[#32]
They want it to run through the state system to collect the $25...... I smell it coming a mile away.
Link Posted: 1/4/2017 12:13:48 AM EDT
[#33]
$25.00 graft, er ah, "Fee" to the state.
How much to the dealer since they cannot be compelled to work for free, another $25.00 or more?
So you decide to sell your old single-shot .22 rifle and the fees are more than the guns value.
Donation to 4H or Appleseed now cost $50.00 or more, so no more donations?

This sedition was never about safety, it's about squeezing us to give up firearms as a hobby.
Link Posted: 1/4/2017 12:42:31 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
$25.00 graft, er ah, "Fee" to the state.
How much to the dealer since they cannot be compelled to work for free, another $25.00 or more?
So you decide to sell your old single-shot .22 rifle and the fees are more than the guns value.
Donation to 4H or Appleseed now cost $50.00 or more, so no more donations?

This sedition was never about safety, it's about squeezing us to give up firearms as a hobby.
View Quote

^This^
Link Posted: 1/5/2017 6:08:59 PM EDT
[#36]
Check this out. Ms. Wynn and Ms. Jones-Blackhurest are blaming the AG for their Bad Law.

https://www.scribd.com/document/335709221/EW-JJB-AG-Laxalt-Letter-1-3-17
Link Posted: 1/5/2017 6:13:46 PM EDT
[#37]
They also wrote the Governor

https://www.scribd.com/document/335709113/EW-JJB-Letter-to-Gov-Sandoval-1-3-17-1
Link Posted: 1/5/2017 10:31:02 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
They also wrote the Governor

https://www.scribd.com/document/335709113/EW-JJB-Letter-to-Gov-Sandoval-1-3-17-1
View Quote

Didn't Steve Wynn first come out in favor of Q1 and then after he discovered that it was a useless law go against it?

WTF is his wife thinking?

Link Posted: 1/5/2017 10:49:56 PM EDT
[#39]
isnt it his Ex-wife ?
Link Posted: 1/5/2017 11:40:52 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
isnt it his Ex-wife ?
View Quote

Not sure.

is she?
Link Posted: 1/6/2017 12:13:27 AM EDT
[#41]
Hmmm, one advantage of being in the North is that I may easily hand deliver my letter to the governor.
In truth the petition should never have been certified to go to a vote.
I will remind our governor and members of the legislature of that.
Need hard evidence to back up such an assertion.
To that end I would like members here who experienced various thug tactics by petition pushers in their area to write those incidents out and PM or email them to me.
As much detail as reasonably possible please.
Much better if you are willing to go "On the record" with your name.
I will visit our county recorder and sheriff's office to gather documentation regarding the punks blocking voters from the polls unless they signed the petition.
I'm thinking that the anti's should just STFU as they might not want too much attention focused on their scum-bag activities.
Link Posted: 1/6/2017 2:01:33 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Hmmm, one advantage of being in the North is that I may easily hand deliver my letter to the governor.
In truth the petition should never have been certified to go to a vote.
I will remind our governor and members of the legislature of that.
Need hard evidence to back up such an assertion.
To that end I would like members here who experienced various thug tactics by petition pushers in their area to write those incidents out and PM or email them to me.
As much detail as reasonably possible please.
Much better if you are willing to go "On the record" with your name.
I will visit our county recorder and sheriff's office to gather documentation regarding the punks blocking voters from the polls unless they signed the petition.
I'm thinking that the anti's should just STFU as they might not want too much attention focused on their scum-bag activities.
View Quote

I've posted something similar to this here before, perhaps not as in much detail.

I saw the same guy gathering signatures in a Smith's parking lot targeting people with a scripted pitch. He approached me the first time and I listened to him but didn't have a discussion with him.

The SECOND time I saw the same guy it was when I was Early Voting at the Henderson Library on Green Valley Parkway (I just so happened to be in the neighborhood and needed to vote) and he approached me again.

He didn't remember me from two weeks before (at Smith's) and that time I engaged him in conversation. Once he saw that I knew MORE about his petition than he did and that I am so plugged into the gun community he started to backpedal. I asked him what type of firearms he owned and he admitted to an AR-15, shotguns, some other rifles, and several handguns. He also admitted that he had a CCW permit.

THEN, when I pressured him more he told me that he was getting $3.00 per signature on the Pro-Q1 petition and that he bends the truth (lies) to get people to sign.

I wanted to BEAT THE FUCK out of that little greasy Douchebag but I didn't want to go to jail.

THAT, my friends is how Q1 got passed in Clark County.  

And if that little greasy FUCK is a member here, FUCK YOU. I told you who I am and I gave you my business card at the Henderson Library when I voted.

Link Posted: 1/6/2017 2:14:12 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Tom Kaplan
Spago (MGM)

Jenna Morton
La Cave (Wynn)
Crush (MGM)
La Comida (Downtown)

View Quote

I showed this list to a few friends and they said they would pass it around.
Lately I can't afford those restaurants anyway, but i'm going to miss La Comida.
Can anyone recommend a good Mexican place in the downtown area?
Link Posted: 1/7/2017 12:00:04 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

I've posted something similar to this here before, perhaps not as in much detail.

I saw the same guy gathering signatures in a Smith's parking lot targeting people with a scripted pitch. He approached me the first time and I listened to him but didn't have a discussion with him.

The SECOND time I saw the same guy it was when I was Early Voting at the Henderson Library on Green Valley Parkway (I just so happened to be in the neighborhood and needed to vote) and he approached me again.

He didn't remember me from two weeks before (at Smith's) and that time I engaged him in conversation. Once he saw that I knew MORE about his petition than he did and that I am so plugged into the gun community he started to backpedal. I asked him what type of firearms he owned and he admitted to an AR-15, shotguns, some other rifles, and several handguns. He also admitted that he had a CCW permit.

THEN, when I pressured him more he told me that he was getting $3.00 per signature on the Pro-Q1 petition and that he bends the truth (lies) to get people to sign.

I wanted to BEAT THE FUCK out of that little greasy Douchebag but I didn't want to go to jail.

THAT, my friends is how Q1 got passed in Clark County.  

And if that little greasy FUCK is a member here, FUCK YOU. I told you who I am and I gave you my business card at the Henderson Library when I voted.

View Quote

They were at the CSN campus also. They backed down hard when I started in with facts. They were also pushing the "register people to vote automatically when they get a DL" When I asked how that would go down as they give illegals DL's here now they had no answer for me. F--ing scumbags.
Link Posted: 1/7/2017 11:25:34 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Not sure.

is she?
View Quote

They divorced in 1986, remarried in 1991, and divorced again in 2010.
Link Posted: 1/7/2017 1:37:52 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 1/7/2017 7:41:10 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

I believe just the opposite happened. The day or two before the election he announced he was in favor of Q1....his reasoning was "Bloomberg is a friend of mine"....great reason to vote a certain way.
View Quote

I think I had it right, WP.

Wynn's Reversal on Q1
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 11:30:58 PM EDT
[#48]
I am still confused. Is question 1 on hold? If I do A FTF deal, do I need to do a background check on the guy I am selling a gun to?
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 11:47:00 PM EDT
[#49]
I believe that the AG's opinion can't be reversed by a court, and the legislature can't pass an exact or similar law for at least three years.

So supposedly it is null and void for the next three years. I could be incorrect but that's the way I have been led to believe it is at this time.

I wouldn't hesitate to sell a gun privately. Just make sure you give a good bill of sale with detailed info for both you and the buyer.

NOTE: This is not legal advice, just my personal opinion.

Perhaps someone else can comment further.
Link Posted: 2/14/2017 1:19:22 AM EDT
[#50]
BEWARE!

The D's have made a "Rules" change that allows them to treat ANY bill as an "Emergency Measure" to be fast-tracked.
Some of them have also already demanded that Q1 be "Fixed" in THIS session, despite that being clearly unconstitutional (State).

When this combination is put into play we will have to act FAST and show up, make calls, send email, etc. in unprecedented numbers.
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top