Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/21/2016 1:00:31 AM EDT
News at 11

Factory Seconds, the new MOA Targets all star shooting team, had our first shoot today. And by first, I mean we've never shot competitively together before, and we added three members to the team while squading up.

The match was pretty simple, a short range tactical event hosted by Palomino Valley Gun Club.

8" diameter 1/2" AR500 gongs at 100, 200, and 300m. Three shooting positions (prone, sitting/kneeling, and standing) required to have shooter or firearm touching the barricades. Four strings of fire at each position, one shot in order at each target from nearest to most distant. 60 seconds for first string (double, shoot 100 200 300 100 200 300), 15 seconds one each target, 10 seconds one each, 5 seconds one each.

Factory Seconds ended up with First, First, and Second (three way tie for 33 of 45 points, decided by shootoff).

We're not going to talk about how I placed.

As a bonus, one of our new team members is now co-sponsor, just as soon as we figure out what we're doing. The local http://www.reloadinginternational.com/ guy was at the event, declared he wanted in on the ground floor of this new team, and was quickly talked into sponsoring it as well. If you can't beat 'em (and he didn't), join 'em. It was a great event, and we'll do it again. I might even make t-shirts or something.

All the pictures https://imgur.com/a/5fhsZ
Link Posted: 8/21/2016 3:04:30 AM EDT
[#1]
Wish I could have joined you guys, just couldn't make it out.

I told the wife and kid that we are shooting the next match.

Semper Fi,

Luis R.
Link Posted: 8/21/2016 12:47:52 PM EDT
[#2]
I was scared alaskanfire was going to beat me with my own rifle after the first string

Link Posted: 8/21/2016 5:32:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I was scared alaskanfire was going to beat me with my own rifle after the first string

View Quote

And I would've if not for you darn kids!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously though I was a little dissappointed in my later performance. Much like my pool game I don't mind getting beat by a better player I just expect to play a decent game myself.
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 2:38:34 PM EDT
[#4]
It was good times. Anyone making it out for Shootout for the Future this Saturday in Carson City?

http://shootoutforthefuture.weebly.com/shootout-faqs.html

I'll have two Texas Stars and a dueling tree out there. Great chance to beat a SWAT dude without taking a ride after the fact. Carson City County Sheriff SWAT is challenging all comers to pistol duels on the MOA steel.
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 3:08:17 PM EDT
[#5]
I'll go but only if I can borrow meestermurphys guns. I shoot them wayyyyyyyyy better than my own.

Seriously though I might run down for a little bit but am not sure yet. Have a birthday party at 2:00 back in sparks.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top