Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/19/2016 9:17:52 PM EDT
......for the purpose of selling a pistol?
I have an acquaintance who resides here in Las Vegas, but does not have a Nevada ID. He has a CDL from Arizona because that is where his company is located. I know he has a continual residence here because I have been to his apartment several times over the past 2 years. Would it be legal for me to sell him a pistol?

Thanks in advance
Tom
Link Posted: 8/19/2016 10:21:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/20/2016 12:51:41 AM EDT
[#2]
WP, thanks for the reply. I have been thinking and I guess the issue isn't whether he is a resident, it's how would he be able to register the pistol without a Nevada ID.

Tom
Link Posted: 8/20/2016 3:01:44 AM EDT
[#3]
Didn't Las Vegas/Clark County get rid of the FOID cards (or whatever they were calling them)?  You shouldn't need to register it.

Then again, I'm a Northie so what to I know.

One of the Southern boys will chime in with more info.

Semper Fi,

Luis R.

ETA: residency in the state is after 6 (or is it 9) months.

Link Posted: 8/20/2016 12:37:10 PM EDT
[#4]
No more registration. Gone the way of the dodo bird.
Link Posted: 8/20/2016 3:43:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Where does he claim to be a resident of?

Even without an ID, he can still be a resident. Even with an out of state ID, he could have dual residency. He should grab a Nevada ID card.

You have been to his place and know he has a residential place here in NV. Sounds good enough.

Link Posted: 8/20/2016 4:49:43 PM EDT
[#6]
If you were not born in California your a resident.
Link Posted: 8/21/2016 12:41:39 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

Talking to him today he admitted to being a dual resident of Nevada and Arizona
He drives a truck between here (Las Vegas) and Phoenix and has an apartment in both cities. His license (CDL) is from Arizona

Even without an ID, he can still be a resident. Even with an out of state ID, he could have dual residency. He should grab a Nevada ID card.
View Quote

I told him today that he would have to get a Nevada ID before I would sell him the pistol.

Thanks for the replies
Tom
Link Posted: 8/21/2016 12:59:33 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Quoted:

He drives a truck between here (Las Vegas) and Phoenix and has an apartment in both cities. His license (CDL) is from Arizona

I told him today that he would have to get a Nevada ID before I would sell him the pistol.

Thanks for the replies
Tom
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks for the replies
Tom

I have no idea how the actual law plays out but he couldn't buy a handgun at a store here in Nevada so I think you are on the right track. If there is any doubt always play it safe.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top