Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/17/2016 8:26:02 PM EDT
I am relocating from Indiana to Summerlin at the end of the month. Search is on for house , family will follow soon. Any suggestions on nice areas and schools.

Link Posted: 8/17/2016 9:50:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Look into private schools.   And welcome to the jungle. [img]http://www.ar15.com
Link Posted: 8/18/2016 12:14:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Summerlin area is great, Spring Valley which borders Summerlin ain't too shabby either. I agree with the private schools, my 6 year old nephew attends Our Lady of Las Vegas Catholic School, it's a very nice place. I attended Rancho High School in the early 2000s and graduated from the Aviation magnet program, my sister graduated from the Medical magnet program from there too. UNLV is a great school too with excellent Army and Air Force ROTC programs if your kids are of college age already.

Link Posted: 8/18/2016 2:04:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Kids are 9 and 6 we have looked at both private and public , I have an appointment with a few when I get there the week of the 29th. I will be working as the Director of Maintenance for Allegiant Airlines.

Are there any good places close to ride dirt bikes

Close desert range ?

My handgun permit is not reciprocal in NV so I guess I will be going thru the class. Anything I need to know before hand
Link Posted: 8/18/2016 2:15:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I attended Rancho High School in the early 2000s and graduated from the Aviation magnet program...
View Quote

You might know my stepson. He graduated from rancho's aviation program in 02.
Link Posted: 8/18/2016 10:14:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Summerlin is not all it's made out to be.
Yes it's nicer than 90% of Vegas, but does that really mean anything?
You've heard all ebout them good but po po folks that want out of da hood and qualified for "section 8"?....
Guess where they want to live....
That's right,  Summerland ! ...........Much Diversity, more Vibrance!.... What could go wrong?
Link Posted: 8/18/2016 11:18:04 PM EDT
[#6]
You are going to work at the airport but should consider a place closer to your job. A DOM means too many unplanned trips to work. I would look a little closer.
Link Posted: 8/22/2016 10:35:36 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
You are going to work at the airport but should consider a place closer to your job. A DOM means too many unplanned trips to work. I would look a little closer.
View Quote

^ This.  If you have your heart set on Summerlin you should try to find a place as close to the 215 loop as possible.  That'll make your commute to and from the airport easier.
Link Posted: 8/22/2016 6:46:27 PM EDT
[#8]
So more importantly does anyone want to hook up and ride or shoot ?
Link Posted: 8/22/2016 7:24:08 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
So more importantly does anyone want to hook up and ride or shoot ?
View Quote

I'm also new to town but I'd be up for getting together....I haven't fired a shot in the 3 months I've been here   Did buy a new rifle though
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 11:45:19 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I will be working as the Director of Maintenance for Allegiant Airlines.

View Quote

Oh yeah, I forgot to ask, you hiring?
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 12:05:52 PM EDT
[#11]
Check into Desert Sportsmans rifle club if you shoot more than once in awhile.

Its on the west end of Charleston. You can shoot steel out to over 800 meters and there is always a pistol / rifle bay open.

Its a gift at about $200 bucks a year.
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 1:50:49 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Check into Desert Sportsmans rifle club if you shoot more than once in awhile.

Its on the west end of Charleston. You can shoot steel out to over 800 meters and there is always a pistol / rifle bay open.

Its a gift at about $200 bucks a year.
View Quote

Boulder pistol and rifle club is a better bargan but a farther drive.
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 8:32:28 AM EDT
[#13]
Yea were hiring LOL I get in town on the 29th but will be permanent after labor day , would like to hook up and do a little shooting after my gear gets shipped down
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top