Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/5/2016 1:04:41 AM EDT
Just moved out here from Colorado.  I'm big into everything outdoors.

Hunting, fishing, camping, etc.   Where are the best places to do this?
Link Posted: 7/5/2016 5:02:52 AM EDT
[#1]
Welcome to Freedom!

North or South?
Link Posted: 7/5/2016 5:06:40 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Welcome to Freedom!

North or South?
View Quote

Anywhere. I feel like an alien here. What's out here for a Missouri redneck?
Link Posted: 7/5/2016 6:05:27 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Welcome to Freedom!

North or South?

Are you in the Reno area or the Las Vegas area?
Link Posted: 7/5/2016 11:33:25 AM EDT
[#4]
Vegas. I literally don't know even one person in this town.
Link Posted: 7/5/2016 2:35:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 7/5/2016 6:32:40 PM EDT
[#6]
For right now id limit much activity to mt charleston or i guess you could go out on the lake.

Lake mead does have some decent stripped bass and i've even seen some trout. I tend to prefer trout fishing in panguitch lake utah but eagle valley and kirch wilderness management area have some decent fishing as well.

Hunting is sparce anywhere near vegas but if you head soutb on the colorado you may luck out with some quail or rabbit. Overton wilderness management area can also yield some small game. Duck hunting there is by reservation. Better duck hunting can be had at kirch. I suspect theres some decent hunting by eagle valley as well but i havent given it a shot yet.

Big game is by lottery, quotas and success rates are published. If you luck out and get bighorn you may get a close hunt and i have known at least one guy that bagged a deer in the mt charleston area. I'll ne going on a cow elk hunt up near the northen border of the state this year but there are some in 22 23...

Zion utah is a pretty short drive and well worth it for hiking camping.

Take lots of water.
Link Posted: 7/7/2016 12:51:10 AM EDT
[#7]
I guess I have my weekend plans now.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 7/11/2016 11:14:47 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Vegas. I literally don't know even one person in this town.
View Quote

I'll buy you a beer tomorrow at the PT's in Summerlin. I'll be the dude with the helmet in the seat next to me.

Southern Utah is what your looking for. Short drive, just a couple of hours and there is a ton of outdoory type of stuff to do. Day trips to S. Utah are common for me. I'm planning to go camping in Cedar Breaks this weekend.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top