Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/3/2016 2:31:17 PM EDT
My lead pile is getting a little small, anyone know of good scrap lead sources in Vegas? Not looking for free so much just a couple hundred pounds of scrap lead I can smelt or even ready to go alloy if the price is reasonable..

Seems all the tire shops I've checked are saving it for someone already know of any scrap yards that sell to the public? Even reclaimed lead shot would be great.

John
Link Posted: 7/3/2016 10:35:06 PM EDT
[#1]
If you think you can do this without getting shot.  Make a sifter and go out were everyone shots and dig into the backstop.  It will be with in inches of the surface.
Link Posted: 7/3/2016 11:13:23 PM EDT
[#2]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

If you think you can do this without getting shot.  Make a sifter and go out were everyone shots and dig into the backstop.  It will be with in inches of the surface.
View Quote
Certainly an option, once it cools off a little...

Link Posted: 7/6/2016 12:37:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Go to the Costco tire center and ask for used wheel weights. Here's one example of casting wheel weights into projectiles:  https://www.gunsamerica.com/blog/bullet-casting-101-part-1/  The reloading forum on this site and others give more details.  Just google it and there's a wealth of info out there.
Link Posted: 7/6/2016 6:33:52 PM EDT
[#4]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Go to the Costco tire center and ask for used wheel weights. Here's one example of casting wheel weights into projectiles:  https://www.gunsamerica.com/blog/bullet-casting-101-part-1/  The reloading forum on this site and others give more details.  Just google it and there's a wealth of info out there.
View Quote

I'm not a Costco member anymore but I'll check them out. As for casting, been doing it for many years. I just need to keep a lead pile going

Thanks!

Link Posted: 7/7/2016 11:57:52 PM EDT
[#5]
The Costco in Henderson does massive volume for tires and they don't "save" weights for anyone. The prospects of getting weights ther is pretty good
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top