Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/3/2016 3:46:03 PM EDT
I'm donating a new 9mm Novem bolt-action rifle to NVFAC to raise funds to fight the Bloomberg "Initiative".
Muzzle is threaded 1/2-28 for suppressor use.

Need to raise as much capitol to finance ads against "Question 1" as possible.
Anyone else want to chip in so that the prize will be more attractive?
Anything that folk might like to win could be helpful, need not be new.

Link Posted: 6/3/2016 6:07:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Do they have a fundraiser coming up?
Link Posted: 6/3/2016 6:36:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Yes.
I believe it will be a Lottery as raffles are a big hassle.
Please do not ask me to explain the difference, I did not organize it.
Expect a formal announcement next week.
So far we have my rifle and a hand gun, possibly a steel target from MOA unless they already gave that away?
More sponsors welcome, this is going to be an expensive fight to preserve our RKBA freedom in Nevada.
If we lose we lose BIG, most folk do not realize just how pervasive and onerous this attack is.

Just imagine this for a tiny tip of the iceberg, EVERY gun rental requiring a background check!
No loaning a gun to another shooter at the range without a background check, not even immediate family.
Bloom-turd is confident that if can get away with this in Nevada he will be able to foist it on EVERYONE in every state.
So this is larger than just Nevada!

I'm a notorious cheapskate and I put up a $750.00 value new custom built gun.
My conscience would not let me do any less.
Link Posted: 6/5/2016 5:39:41 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm in with steel. Get me the details on where to get it to.
Link Posted: 6/5/2016 7:40:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Hi.

I'm moving to NV from Kali.

What's the NV State NRA affiliation, so I can donate?

( Tried as herd as I could in Kali; giving up and moving to NV...Taking my Pro-Gun votes with me.
  Wife and I are both Pro-Gun...)

Thanks.
Link Posted: 6/5/2016 9:32:05 PM EDT
[#5]
You are looking for this link, https://www.nvfac.org/
Link Posted: 6/5/2016 11:40:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You are looking for this link, https://www.nvfac.org/
View Quote

Thank You.
Link Posted: 7/8/2016 2:05:59 PM EDT
[#7]
"No on 1" Sweepstakes has finally been launched!

Custom AR-15 is the first prize offered.

http://gunssavelives.info/

Contributions - Entries accepted nationwide!
Needs to be posted in GD as well if anyone knows how to do that without getting the mods all riled up.

No mention of the 9mm I built for them yet.
They decided to make the MOA steel target a local prize at a future event due to concern over shipping cost to a distant winner.

Edit for update: The Novem bolt action 9mm will become the prize in the next sweepstakes to be run once the AR-15 has reached the goal and been awarded.
Link Posted: 7/8/2016 3:56:50 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

No on 1 Sweepstakes has finally been launched!

Custom AR-15 is the first prize offered.

http://gunssavelives.info/

Contributions - Entries accepted nationwide!

Needs to be posted in GD as well if anyone knows how to do that without getting the mods all riled up.

No mention of the 9mm I built for them yet.

They decided to make the MOA steel target a local prize at a future event due to concern over shipping cost to a distant winner.
View Quote
Steel is heavy. I'll talk to them about doing a flat rate shipable prize.

Link Posted: 7/8/2016 10:13:30 PM EDT
[#9]
I am sorry, but is this website for real??

Seems like there is some serious mis-information and makes me wonder if it is a joke.

Ballot Question 1 would require law abiding individuals and buyers to surrender their guns and pave the way for a National Firearms Registry.
Link Posted: 7/9/2016 12:53:01 AM EDT
[#10]
Perhaps not the most eloquent site on the 'net.
Managed by a PR firm in Reno who's staff may not be the most firearm savvy.
Maybe send them an email so they realize where they need to improve their message?

Q1 = CA style mandatory back-ground checks, but actually WORSE!
So yes you may likely have to leave the gun with the dealer for X days while the buyer's 4473 "Hold" is cleared up.
No loaning a firearm to ANYONE, not even your own family, without a back-ground check.
So much for Gran'Pa and the young ones going plinking.

The clearly and often stated Bloom-Turd goal IS to force this garbage to be implemented nationwide.
The plan is that once enough states have had it crammed down their throats congress will lose the incentive to resist it any longer.

In order for mandatory background checks to detect and deter all private sales universal registration is a given, no way to enforce without registration.
I'm sure you are familiar with what has followed registration several times, including here in America?
If not look at what is happening with "Hi-Cap magazines" in CA, stroke of the pen - newly made contraband and no CA is not going to pay you fair market value for them.
At least they are allowing some time for folk to "Dispose" of them before they begin prosecutions.
Link Posted: 7/9/2016 9:33:51 AM EDT
[#11]

No loaning a gun to another shooter at the range without a background check, not even immediate family.
Bloom-turd is confident that if can get away with this in Nevada he will be able to foist it on EVERYONE in every state.
So this is larger than just Nevada!
View Quote

Please help me with this. From the actual text I have read, these first two scenarios are specifically exempt in the initiative.

I am against the background check, I don't believe in them, but I also believe in accurate information that is not based on emotion. I cannot accurately describe the initiative to others, nor can this fundraiser if the information within is not accurate. We know Bloomberg is scum and a liar. We don't need to be labeled as such either by placing inaccurate information.

If I am wrong and these exemptions are not listed, please list a link. That may be a good thing to put on that website as well for people that are still on the fence about the issue.

Thanks
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top