BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 8:27:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I am not trying to be a dick but you had better go into a little more detail than that.

No one is going to want to get involved with your domestic dispute (or whatever the cryptic message you are conveying).

If you have a legit emergency then spell it out so someone can help. If you have wife issues or whatnot, then figure out your issues without involving someone who is completely innocent.

So let me be blunt, exactly what is going on and exactly what is it you need help with? There are a thousand phones for someone to willingly pick up and use at the airport, there are police officers also.

Spill the beans.  
View Quote

This man raises good points. A person should know what they're walking into. Hell, you would probably find more volunteers just by assuaging the outside chance that it's schizophrenic cousin escaping prison where he was sentenced for cannibalism. Know what I mean?
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 8:30:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Free bump, but mainly this ^
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I am not trying to be a dick but you had better go into a little more detail than that.

No one is going to want to get involved with your domestic dispute (or whatever the cryptic message you are conveying).

If you have a legit emergency then spell it out so someone can help. If you have wife issues or whatnot, then figure out your issues without involving someone who is completely innocent.

So let me be blunt, exactly what is going on and exactly what is it you need help with? There are a thousand phones for someone to willingly pick up and use at the airport, there are police officers also.

Spill the beans.  

Free bump, but mainly this ^

Link Posted: 5/24/2016 8:31:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Spill the beans.  
View Quote

OK.  Daughter involved in drugs and prostitution, has been lying about her whereabouts and finally gave us the truth.  She has a ticket to get home but has no ID and no phone.

I am not thinking clearly, got city wrong.  My life is now a mess.
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 8:33:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 8:33:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

OK.  Daughter involved in drugs and prostitution, has been lying about her whereabouts and finally gave us the truth.  She has a ticket to get home but has no ID and no phone.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Spill the beans.  

Good luck, man.
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 8:33:57 PM EDT
[#6]
No ID? Can she even board?

Good luck.
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 8:33:59 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I can move this to the Nevada HTF if you wish.  Good luck with your situation.
View Quote

Whatever you think is best.
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 8:34:18 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 8:34:41 PM EDT
[#9]
Sorry to hear OP, I hope you're daughter gets help and more than a phone to use.
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 8:34:44 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Good luck.
View Quote

Supposedly they will accept a photo of a license.
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 8:35:40 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

This makes more sense. It's not hard to borrow a cell phone , find a payphone for a collect call, or explain to any random airport worker that she has an emergency and needs to make a phone call.

Seems like there's a part of this story that you aren't getting.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Spill the beans.  

This makes more sense. It's not hard to borrow a cell phone , find a payphone for a collect call, or explain to any random airport worker that she has an emergency and needs to make a phone call.

Seems like there's a part of this story that you aren't getting.

She has borrowed a phone a couple of times.  For all I know the moment has passed and she's gone again.
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 8:40:56 PM EDT
[#12]
Prayers heading upward for you and your daughter
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 8:41:23 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Good luck.

Yes, she can board without id, per tsa:

In the event you arrive at the airport without valid identification, because it is lost or at home, you may still be allowed to fly. The TSA officer may ask you to complete a form to include your name and current address, and may ask additional questions to confirm your identity. If your identity is confirmed, you will be allowed to enter the screening checkpoint. You may be subject to additional screening.
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 8:41:52 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

Thanks.  Two years of total fraud about what she was doing.
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 8:43:59 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

But she's reached out to you.
That is a GOOD thing
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 8:47:36 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

In the event you arrive at the airport without valid identification, because it is lost or at home, you may still be allowed to fly. The TSA officer may ask you to complete a form to include your name and current address, and may ask additional questions to confirm your identity. If your identity is confirmed, you will be allowed to enter the screening checkpoint. You may be subject to additional screening.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good luck.

yes, she stopped at that point since, of course she has warrants.  I'd rather see her arrested.
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 8:50:52 PM EDT
[#17]
I hope you get everything worked out.
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 8:53:08 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

yes, she stopped at that point since, of course she has warrants.  I'd rather see her arrested.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good luck.

Call the police station then? While you have her?
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 8:55:20 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 9:36:51 PM EDT
[#20]
She can board without ID. No biggie.

Not hard for her to get help and get through the process.

What exactly did you need OP?
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 9:38:41 PM EDT
[#21]
Jeez, what a mess.
Keep your mind in the middle.
Hope she is safe and gets the help she needs,

Thoughts your way.....
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 9:44:06 PM EDT
[#22]
Good luck brother, don't give up on her.
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 9:58:05 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Good luck brother, don't give up on her.
View Quote

This. I have a family member who was injecting crystal meth a few years ago... he's made quite a turn, and is doing very well. The main thing is that we took on the burden WITH him, instead of treating him as one.

Best of luck, feel free to PM if you need anything.
Link Posted: 5/30/2016 11:11:27 AM EDT
[#24]
6 days of hell and I still don't know what's going on.  Bought her a plane ticket which wasn't used.  Claims to have been stopped by the police and arrested at the airport (I hope!).  Claims to actually have her car and decided to drive home.  Claims to have made it to Elko, then claims to be in Yreka.  Claims to have had a flat tire there.  Claims to have been in Portland last night.

Nothing can be believed.
Link Posted: 5/30/2016 10:22:52 PM EDT
[#25]
I wish I could help. Sounds like she is just trying to give you the run around.

But if she was arrested by the police at the airport CCDC you would be able to do inmate search.

Also if she doesn't have ID, she can go to the nearest substation, which is on Russel and Las Vegas BLVD, right off the strip corridor, across the street from Mandalay Bay and they will verify her information and they can give her a temporary boarding pass. It happens all the time and that is how they do it.

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top