Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/17/2016 11:29:24 PM EDT
Is Calico Ridge a nice place to live? Is the Paradise Hills area better? I will be
relocating in the next couple months. I would like to be close to Boulder City for work.
Any other advise you guys have is welcome. Oh yeah, I have machine guns and like to share as well.- Art
Link Posted: 5/18/2016 12:27:31 AM EDT
[#1]
Calico ridge is a descent area.  Tuscany is better. Both are just down the street and I love machine guns.
Link Posted: 5/18/2016 8:14:48 AM EDT
[#2]
It's a stones throw from the suck ass area across Lake Mead pkwy - Warm Spring / Center, and all along in and around Major.
Link Posted: 5/18/2016 9:38:09 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It's a stones throw from the suck ass area across Lake Mead pkwy - Warm Spring / Center, and all along in and around Major.
View Quote

Every place in this town is a stones throw from some crap hole.
Link Posted: 5/18/2016 10:39:19 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 5/18/2016 11:49:09 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

Across the street (Pkwy) is a lot different than a subdivision or two, where you'd need a catapult.
Link Posted: 5/18/2016 5:32:26 PM EDT
[#6]

Calico Ridge is nice but over built. Houses are very close together.
Area off College and Mission by the park is nice

If your close to the freeway it doesn't take long to get to BC.
I live off Green Valley Pkway and it only takes 15-20 min to get to mom and dads house and they live by the cemetery.

My friend has a house near Horizon Ridge near the Armory. Nice quiet area.

Link Posted: 5/18/2016 8:38:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Thank you for the replies. How about the Paradise Hills area? It looked like a lot of new construction by Calico.
Link Posted: 5/18/2016 9:33:14 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Across the street (Pkwy) is a lot different than a subdivision or two, where you'd need a catapult.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've lived in this area all my life. The only thing across the parkway as you put it are older custom homes  on large lots.  The crap holes you are referring to are a mile or two down the road.
Link Posted: 5/18/2016 10:08:04 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I've lived in this area all my life. The only thing across the parkway as you put it are older custom homes  on large lots.  The crap holes you are referring to are a mile or two down the road.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Trying to follow along here. A mile or 2 west on the parkway?
Link Posted: 5/19/2016 1:58:09 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 5/19/2016 9:05:45 PM EDT
[#11]
Calico Ridge is a mile or two farther down Lake Mead from that map as was stated.
Link Posted: 5/20/2016 11:18:41 PM EDT
[#12]
How about Green Valley north or south?
Link Posted: 5/22/2016 4:35:40 PM EDT
[#13]
I live at Green Valley/Windmill fairly quite close to 215
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 9:20:27 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Area off College and Mission by the park is nice

View Quote

Agreed.  
Link Posted: 5/28/2016 5:56:51 PM EDT
[#15]
Heading up Monday to get a second look at a house we like and possibly make an offer.
Link Posted: 6/3/2016 11:14:41 AM EDT
[#16]
I'm out in Henderson, by College and Horizon.  There's lots and lots of really nice areas, both new and older, all over Henderson; then, there's lots of really shitty places, like the trailer park by Lake Mead Pkwy...

imo just cruise everywhere you find a house you like and decide. I love where I live and wouldn't take back my purchase decision and go elsewhere in the valley.

Well may be the Green Valley part, that place is nice
Link Posted: 6/4/2016 8:12:25 PM EDT
[#17]
Paradise Hills is close enough to the freeway to make a quick hop into Boulder City.  From College and 95 it's 15 minutes to the BC range.

Assuming you don't need Cat buses, you can generally find better neighborhoods the further you get from the bus stops.   Folks just don't want to walk 1 mile uphill in the summer after they get off the bus.

Warm Springs and Center Street/Lake Mead area is crap full of economically challenged persons.  You have the Indian streets right there which is basically a big trailer park, the Alta Vista Trailer Park right there at Warm Springs and Lake Mead.  Housing project and section 8 complex there at Warm Springs and Center, and then right down at Taylor and Lake Mead, as well as Center and Burkholder.  Oh, and it's about 10 minutes further to the freeway than Paradise Hills.  Schools that Cadence is zoned for are the same schools that all the shitbirds from there attend (when they can be bothered to) Brown MS and Basic HS.  Paradise Hills area appreciated a lot initially simply due to the schools they are closer to, Manion MS and Foothill HS.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top