Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/17/2016 4:43:10 PM EDT

Our first Short-Range Tactical Rifle Match of the season takes place on 8am Saturday 4/30 in Reno, Nevada. This event is designed for novice to intermediate skill levels, and features targets set at three distances and engaged from several improvised shooting positions. The course of fire will be challenging enough to promote growth, and enable graduation into similar match disciplines. This timed event is open to all guns, but is designed for semi-automatic rifles with detachable box magazine such as AR and AK pattern variants.

Event and contact details are here: http://palominogunclub.org/1890/short-range-tactical-rifle-match-description/

Link Posted: 4/17/2016 7:44:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Very cool, I'll try and be there.
Link Posted: 4/25/2016 4:46:29 PM EDT
[#2]

THIS SATURDAY 4/30: Improve your skills at our first short-range tactical rifle match of the season. Perfect for AR-15 and other semi-auto rifles!

http://palominogunclub.org/1890/short-range-tactical-rifle-match-description/
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 1:45:48 PM EDT
[#3]

Our first-ever Short-Range Tactical (SRT) easily pleased shooters, and everybody expressed how much fun the event was. Despite the rainy weather and a persistent cold wind, the conditions weren’t even a consideration for competitors once the action started.

Results are now posted! http://palominogunclub.org/161/short-range-tactical-rifle-match-results/

Link Posted: 5/3/2016 2:42:21 AM EDT
[#4]
I really wanted to be there, but I'm in my last week of college before graduating and things were just too busy for me to head out there.  I'll have to catch the next one
Link Posted: 5/11/2016 7:12:30 PM EDT
[#5]

UPDATE: Our next Short-Range Tactical rifle event is on Saturday 6/18.

Practice shooting begins at 7:45 am, with the match starting promptly at 9 am.

It is highly suggested that you arrive with a rifle ready for action, and proper zero previously set.
Link Posted: 5/13/2016 11:22:00 AM EDT
[#6]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

UPDATE: Our next Short-Range Tactical rifle event is on Saturday 6/18.

Practice shooting begins at 7:45 am, with the match starting promptly at 9 am.

It is highly suggested that you arrive with a rifle ready for action, and proper zero previously set.

View Quote
I'm going to try to be there. Should have some demo targets for checking zero before the event.

Link Posted: 6/3/2016 2:09:51 PM EDT
[#7]

SHOOTERS: Our next Short-Range Tactical rifle event is on Saturday 6/18. Practice shooting begins at 7:45 am, with the match starting promptly at 9 am.

Designed for semi-automatic rifles with detachable box magazine such as AR and AK pattern variants, the course features targets set 100/200/300 yards out and engaged from several improvised shooting positions.

Event details here: Reno Short Range Tactical Rifle Match
Link Posted: 6/10/2016 11:36:29 AM EDT
[#8]
Only one week away from the next Short-Range Tactical rifle match! Perfect for new competitors: shoot in iron sights/red dot or magnified scope class. Targets set 100/200/300 yards out, and fired at from a supported position.
Link Posted: 6/10/2016 2:53:58 PM EDT
[#9]
I'm planning on being there. Will have something to demo/screw around with during sight in as well.
Link Posted: 6/18/2016 9:10:57 PM EDT
[#10]

Strong wind, and plenty of it. That was the order of the day, and easily the most challenging part of our second Short-Range Tactical (SRT) match. In spite of high turbulence and heavy gusts, everybody seemed to have a great time...

06/18/2016 Short Range Tactical Match Results

Link Posted: 7/14/2016 10:14:35 AM EDT
[#11]
Our next Short-Range Tactical rifle event is this Saturday 7/16. Practice shooting begins at 7:45 am, with the match starting promptly at 9 am and typically ending around noon. Designed for semi-automatic rifles with a detachable box magazine, the course features targets set 100/200/300 yards out and engaged from several supported shooting positions. Details here: http://palominogunclub.org/1890/short-range-tactical-rifle-match
Link Posted: 7/14/2016 2:54:03 PM EDT
[#12]
I've been meaning to attend one of these, looks like fun!

Did you change the rules a bit? I seem to recall it saying no slings, but now it looks like they are allowed?
Link Posted: 7/16/2016 9:44:22 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

I've been meaning to attend one of these, looks like fun!

Did you change the rules a bit? I seem to recall it saying no slings, but now it looks like they are allowed?
View Quote
I think you might be confusing my two events. The smallbore silhouette rimfire match does not allow slings. This match, the Short-Range Tactical, does. It allows for just about everything, and includes supported rest on the barricades.

Link Posted: 7/16/2016 9:45:22 PM EDT
[#14]

SRT Match Results: 16 July 2016

Thank you again for all the assistance with setup and cleanup. [COLOR="Blue"]Our next Short-Range Tactical rifle event is on Saturday 8/20[/COLOR]. Please arrive by 7:30 am for course setup, followed by early practice shooting. The match begins at approximately 9 am. It is highly suggested that you arrive with a rifle ready for action, and proper zero previously set.

Link Posted: 8/17/2016 3:10:22 PM EDT
[#15]
A few of us are planning on attending this Saturday's match.
Judging from the previously posted pic it looks like suppressors are good to go...am I correct in this assumption?
Link Posted: 8/18/2016 7:23:02 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
http://palominogunclub.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/Short-Range-Tactical-071616-Kneeling-David-600x338.jpg

SRT Match Results: 16 July 2016

Thank you again for all the assistance with setup and cleanup. [COLOR="Blue"]Our next Short-Range Tactical rifle event is on Saturday 8/20[/COLOR]. Please arrive by 7:30 am for course setup, followed by early practice shooting. The match begins at approximately 9 am. It is highly suggested that you arrive with a rifle ready for action, and proper zero previously set.

View Quote

Ready for action and zeroed

I might be in trouble
Link Posted: 8/18/2016 10:13:30 PM EDT
[#17]
My body (and rifle) are ready
Link Posted: 8/18/2016 10:55:30 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

Mitch already offered use of your guns to me. Mighty nice of him
Link Posted: 8/19/2016 2:18:58 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

Are you shooting your own reloads?  Should I bring a 24" range rod?   Will the attack Pom make an appearance?
Inquiring minds want to know...  
Link Posted: 8/19/2016 4:39:17 AM EDT
[#20]
I have not zeroed. I'll have no sleep.

Who's bringing the peeps and 2L sodas?

#factoryseconds
Link Posted: 8/19/2016 1:07:16 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Are you shooting your own reloads?  Should I bring a 24" range rod?   Will the attack Pom make an appearance?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I sure am! I'm pretty good at putting powder in rifle reloads though

All reloads for rifle are inspected by My Tactical Reloading Chinchilla. He especially take interest in the shiny brass and tries to horde it.

Attack Pom will be staying home, she is a princess and sleeps until the match starts
Link Posted: 8/19/2016 1:09:37 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I have not zeroed. I'll have no sleep.

Who's bringing the peeps and 2L sodas?

#factoryseconds
View Quote

Do I need to stop by and blow into your interlock for you, or should I just pick you up on my way
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top