Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/16/2016 7:26:52 PM EDT
I was in search of some 34mm medium-large height scope rings locally (southie) I think I called just about every gun store in the valley and only 3 stores has any. Most of the stores didn't even know there were scope tubes other than 1" and 30mm. 2 of the 3 stores had good quality rings (night force and Leupold mark4). The other had what I classify as medium grade rings(weaver tactical). All 3 wanted  $40-$75  over net retail. 2 of the 3 stores were big name retail stores. I like to try and support the little guy or at least stores in the valley. And  I know they have to make a buck but come on!
Link Posted: 4/16/2016 9:46:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/16/2016 9:49:42 PM EDT
[#2]
This is why I don't bother with guns stores. Waste of time, especially if they start talking.
Link Posted: 4/17/2016 1:10:19 AM EDT
[#3]
I don't know anywhere that stocks 34mm rings up here in the north either.
Link Posted: 4/17/2016 2:32:16 AM EDT
[#4]
That's another problem with those fancy high end scopes, rings.
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 5:30:49 PM EDT
[#5]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I've got a better chance of being humped by a rainbow colored unicorn in Rachel than finding a S&W Performance Center Shield in any store in Vegas.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
View Quote

Northwest Arms had one in .40 a few weeks ago.
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 6:48:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yeah, I really should limit myself to buying mediocre equipment.
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 6:57:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 8:26:36 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Or just not complain when you aren't able to find non mainstream equipment locally

Some of the 34mm scopes out there are awesome but you have to know going in what you are dealing with.
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 11:54:31 PM EDT
[#9]
That's a direct result of everyone and his brother buying guns online at $10 over cost and having them transferred.  Even then, people piss and moan about transfer fees.

I'm amazed that there are still this many gun stores open in the valley.  None of them can be making any money.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 12:53:10 AM EDT
[#10]
Now that you have to pay sales tax on transfers it is much better for the stores
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 1:08:09 AM EDT
[#11]
Try asking them about Glocks lmfao. They tell you all kinds of stories like G42/43's are scarce due to them all going to the military contracts. I can get anything I want back east but for some reason Las Vegas is a geographical anomaly. Same with Blantons bourbon. SMFH.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 9:58:02 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Now that you have to pay sales tax on transfers it is much better for the stores
View Quote

Not much.  Gun people are the cheapest group I have ever met in my life.  They will buy online to save $3 (true story, had a customer transfer $1400 worth of handguns because he worked it out and it was $3 cheaper buying online).

Stores really can't win.  People bitch that their prices are too high, or they bitch when they can't find some absurdly obscure product, or bitch when they DO find the product, but it isn't at a price that they like.  34mm tubes must make up about 1% of the optics market.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 11:00:41 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Not much.  Gun people are the cheapest group I have ever met in my life.  They will buy online to save $3 (true story, had a customer transfer $1400 worth of handguns because he worked it out and it was $3 cheaper buying online).

Stores really can't win.  People bitch that their prices are too high, or they bitch when they can't find some absurdly obscure product, or bitch when they DO find the product, but it isn't at a price that they like.  34mm tubes must make up about 1% of the optics market.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No way it is even close to 1%

I know that I have passed on several online sales because of the sales tax on transfers. Really wish I would have picked up the STI and Barrett I wanted back then.
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 3:31:47 PM EDT
[#14]
Wolfpack,

Discount Gun Source has one in 9mm.

I'd be on the look out for rainbow colored unicorns
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 5:33:17 PM EDT
[#15]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top