Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/8/2016 1:24:56 PM EDT
Hello Nevada!

Just wanted to introduce myself as I will moving to your fine state in the coming month.

I recently accepted a promotion with the US Forest Service out of Las Vegas to manage the Developed Recreation program on the Spring Mountains National Recreation Area

I start work May 16th so I'll be headed South in the next month or so

Looking at Google Maps the office is on the NW side of town near Hwy 95.  Is this a decent area to live?  I'm used to a small town so I don't really want to have a long commute if possible.

I look forward to exploring the area and hopefully meeting some fellow shooters!
Link Posted: 4/8/2016 8:56:05 PM EDT
[#1]
My wife is from Idaho Falls and we live in the NW part of the valley. She loves it. Wouldn't live anywhere else. Welcome. Be sure to register and vote.
Link Posted: 4/9/2016 4:57:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Great, so when does the new Spring Mountain USFS recreational shooting range open?
Link Posted: 4/9/2016 7:43:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Hope you're not another Government flake that wants to close off all the land to the public. We have enough of those now.
Link Posted: 4/9/2016 10:00:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Welcome, OP!

Link Posted: 4/9/2016 11:19:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Hope you're not another Government flake that wants to close off all the land to the public. We have enough of those now.
View Quote

Nah... those are the liberals in Congress, the state government, and administrators at the BLM.
Link Posted: 4/11/2016 12:29:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

The complete opposite, I grew up in a state (Illinois) with very little public land and after living in Northern Idaho for the last 13+ years I can say public land is one of our greatest national treasures.  

My job at the Spring Mountain NRA will be to manage the Developed Recreation Program so I will be working on and promoting campgrounds, developed trailheads, etc
Link Posted: 4/11/2016 11:38:24 PM EDT
[#7]
It's not as green as you're used to, oh and the fish'in sucks
Link Posted: 4/15/2016 11:04:35 PM EDT
[#8]
The NW side of town has some lovely areas near your office.

Taxes are relatively low, and real estate is still a steal IMHO!

Link Posted: 4/18/2016 1:24:32 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x160/308sako/Patiowithshade3-9.jpg

View Quote

I have been looking in the area and I have been excited by what I've found.  Working on the pre-approval process right now so that I can make an offer should I find something
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 5:29:36 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I have been looking in the area and I have been excited by what I've found.  Working on the pre-approval process right now so that I can make an offer should I find something

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

308Sako's desert oasis is amazing.

I live in Centennial Hills and love it.  In my experience, zip codes 89149 and 89131 have some great housing available in a nice area.  Both of those zips will be near your office.
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 5:53:22 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I live in Centennial Hills and love it.  In my experience, zip codes 89149 and 89131 have some great housing available in a nice area.  Both of those zips will be near your office.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Awesome, thanks for the info.  Coming from a small town in Northern Idaho I'm hoping to live close to the office so I don't have a long commute each day.
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 6:41:51 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 7:47:36 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Awesome, thanks for the info.  Coming from a small town in Northern Idaho I'm hoping to live close to the office so I don't have a long commute each day.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Theres a guy that lives in the cul-de-sac's across the street from the office, it might be owned by the office or leased or  something.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top