Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/4/2016 11:42:54 PM EDT
Well, this had made national/international news and Nevada is once again in the spotlight. Both parties did their own police report.

This is somewhat interesting, as the extension of the vehicle. It will be interesting to seevhow this plays out, as the group of bikers is harassing another motorist right before this confrontation. Of course, it is the dumbest rider that confronts and goes after the other vehicle. What was said could help the guy in the truck, for his defense. You can also see the biker broke several laws to initiate contact with those in the redvtruck.

Either way, we have some redneck sounding folks in the truck!! And their actions, well, are very debatable.

In case you missed it--

Link Posted: 2/5/2016 12:59:25 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 1:56:17 AM EDT
[#2]
http://www.ktnv.com/news/video-driver-whips-out-gun-on-valey-biker

According to the Henderson Police Department, the driver gave his version of the story to police on Tuesday morning. He was not questioned and no charges have been filed at this time.
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/6/2016 8:39:31 AM EDT
[#3]
thats a really bad idea.. 90% of the guys i ride with all have CCL and carry.. of course, we're on cruisers though. still damn stupid thing to do when theres 6+ bikes behind you. had if been my group and one of them saw that pistol, he would have been shot without a moment of debate.
Link Posted: 2/6/2016 7:07:52 PM EDT
[#4]
According to a Arizona cop in the GD thread he has run into these bikers before and they are assholes. What the video showed doesn't excuse the trucks actions but I would really like to see what led up to all that bullshit.

Link Posted: 2/9/2016 5:17:50 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
According to a Arizona cop in the GD thread he has run into these bikers before and they are assholes. What the video showed doesn't excuse the trucks actions but I would really like to see what led up to all that bullshit.

View Quote

arizona cop? yea I call bullshit on that one.. likely these guys aren't even close to the AZ border.. on dirt bikes even the toughest ass isn't doing more than an hour.. and they're not heading to the border to ride.
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 10:25:58 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

arizona cop? yea I call bullshit on that one.. likely these guys aren't even close to the AZ border.. on dirt bikes even the toughest ass isn't doing more than an hour.. and they're not heading to the border to ride.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Apparently there are Arizona tags in the video from what he said. I haven't gone back to look for them but I don't see why you'd lie about that.
Link Posted: 2/11/2016 3:58:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Those aren't "dirt bikes". They're Enduros. There's a difference. They're built for dirt and street. Not just dirt. Some of the guys have either moto'd out theirs (put street tires and other mods on them), or bought them that way, either way, they can and will go long distances even on knobbies. In case you didn't realize it, Henderson is very close to the AZ border. Hoover Dam is only 18 min or so from Boulder City, and Hoover Dam is ON the Az border.... This apparently happened around Henderson, so they're not even an hour away from the border. I use to ride my Suzuki 650 DR Enduro from Vegas to Lk Havasu Az all the time. We either went via the highway, or hit trails into Az out of Boulder City first, which may be what these clowns were doing, or headed out to do. After I got my 950 KTM Super Enduro the trips got even longer and we went farther. We would leave Boulder City at 9:00 am and not return back to Vegas until 1:00am... That's a "bit" more than an hour on a "dirt bike", so I guess that makes my old ass pretty tough.

Lane splitting is forbidden in NV, unless you're a motorcycle cop. Jackoffs lane split here all the time anyway. It's almost always some dbag that's on a crotch rocket pissing people off, or a wannabe biker doing it. If you're going to pop wheelies, dart in and out of traffic, and lane split in front of other vehicles, you're probably going to irritate someone. I ride, and it irritates me when someone on a bike damn near takes my mirror off trying to lane split to get in front of everyone else. Not that I think we shouldn't be able to lane split here, we should, but doing it like a jackass usually does make people mad, especially the ones who know it's illegal.

I wouldn't have pulled my gun in this situation, but I wasn't the guy driving the truck, and I don't know what really happened to start this, but something started it. If you know there's an agitated motorist, and they're obviously agitated at the group you're with, for something your groups done, why would you pull up on the opposite side of their vehicle and pound on their window? If there hadn't been multiple guys on bikes to back the window pounder guy up, I seriously doubt he would have been dumb enough to pound on a window of a truck with three guys in it that were pissed off. You notice the driver of the truck wasn't pointing his gun at the other guy or anyone else he was busy yelling at before the window pounder.... At what point when a guns in your face do you still continue the conversation, all for the sake of getting it on you tube? Luckily no one got shot. We would be discussing a dead Enduro rider, instead of what a group of people on both sides doing stupid shit did.
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 3:52:28 AM EDT
[#8]
many of these guys head out to BLM land and tear ass out there for hours. in the year Ive been here Ive not seen them on the highways except heading out to pahrump. not saying they don't.. Id just think having seen them a lot on the west side and south off i-15 they'd be more visible heading down to AZ.

point being, regardless of what the hell they're doing, wheelies/ et al. if they're not smacking your mirrors, hard stopping in front of you ( BANGING) on windows ( which the guy was actually knocking.) pulling a gun on them not only is dumb as shit, its also illegal.  just because they're acting like fools doesn't instantly allow everyone else to.. and yea I ride daily Hd street glide, and yes I see retarded shit constantly from other riders, and yes its mostly street bikes and "endure" bikes popping wheelies and racing through traffic…

Karma sorts that shit out when the cops don't catch them to do so.. and after some kid gets a nice cheese grated ass cheek from the pavement their outlook on riding shifts a lot more responsible.  

Do I find it irritating? of course, but I'm not endangering my rights and potentially going to jail by pulling a gun on them for being dumb asses.. just me .. but IF that had been a different group, say of cruisers, where there tends to be a lot more CCL holders, that driver flashing a gun would likely have been shot and rightfully so.. had one of those guys saw that gun, pulled his own and shot him in defense of the other rider on the passenger side, he would very likely been justified in court over it.. which is exactly my point,,, there isn't circumstances apart from " oh shit I have to defend myself " which instantly is shots fired not displaying. that warrant pulling a gun..
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 2:50:47 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Know how I know that you're really old????  You're only spending an hour on a dual sport seat!!!!!!  HAHAHAHAHAHA! LOL!!  An hour!!!!

You need to man up and spend a little more time on your bike!

Spoken as a former pro motocross rider who has a lot of seat time on a dual sport as well....but what do I know.

My money is on the bikers acting like a-holes way back before the video started and colliding with a douche with a gun
Link Posted: 2/14/2016 7:32:23 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Know how I know that you're really old????  You're only spending an hour on a dual sport seat!!!!!!  HAHAHAHAHAHA! LOL!!  An hour!!!!

Spoken as a former pro motocross rider who has a lot of seat time on a dual sport as well....but what do I know.

My money is on the bikers acting like a-holes way back before the video started and colliding with a douche with a gun
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

im 42:D my air ride seat has been ridden 16k last year with trips to daytona, kanas city to grand junction co (1057 miles in a day, gfor an iron butt patch) I'm old but my street glide works just fine:D I used to have a buell, an hour on that thing and my lower back felt like Id been ruck marching for a week.
Link Posted: 2/20/2016 9:21:20 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
The truck drivers actions are completely in the wrong. He should do time for pointing a gun at the motorcyclist.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
View Quote

You pull that shit on me I just might drive just over median and claim you lost control.

What's wrong with you nut jobs!? I thought you guys were on the east coast.
Link Posted: 2/20/2016 11:05:48 PM EDT
[#12]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top